Join Today
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: V70R Detail

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by graemewelch View Post
    poor fella. is that the eye infection. ive had that for last 5 days. not plesant
    Yeah it is, he doesnt seem bothered about it, he is away back to nursery today, its started raining here now. I think I will manage to go out and get the alloys cleaned and sealed but that will probably be all today.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
    You wont be complaining about your mpg just now then now the R has no wheels on it.
    sure wont and its far better than what you must be seeing just now, your probably even putting Frankies AVG to shame.
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Well I got more done than expected today I started off by cleaning my alloys because it was raining I couldn't focus on the paint work on the car, back to the alloys my cleaning processes was wonder wheels (I never ever use this stuff on this car but I wanted to give them a good clean), Tardis, Auto Finesse Iron Out, Megs degreaser for the tyres, IPA then protected them with C5 Wheel Armour this stuff should last a year!!! not the cheapest either at £22.50 for a tiny bottle that will only do one set of wheels its very easy to use though. I then dressed the tyres with Megs endurance i've only ever used this stuff it works really well but im considering giving another product a go after this is finished. I took my valve sleaves and caps off and soaked them in wonder wheels this does an amazing job and they come up like new with no effort from me, I also thought I would try the same with my hub bolts and I got the same results no polish necessary Graeme I then sealed them with the Blackfire All Metal Sealant. Got the wheels back on and torqued up, I then focused on the tail pipes I never let them get bad so a quick polish with Raceglaze Alutech Metal Polish and sealed with Blackfire All Metal Sealant did the trick.
    The weather started to hold dry for a bit so i gave the car a jet down and went over it with Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish and Blackfire All Finish Paint Protection then it started hammering it down so I called it a day. Graeme I did try to take pictures with my SLR but they didn't come out, I just checked on the computer. I was wanting to set it up on the tripod and keep it in the same spot so you could see the difference but I was just trying to beat the weather.
    Here is a quick shot taken with me phone of the beading, this is before any wax the blackfire wax dosen't bead all that well so I don't expect much more once its done.

and a picture of the S60R for comparison haha

I had a quick look at my engine bay plastics after I dressed them with 303 Aerospace Protectant and I can honestly say I don't see anything wrong with them, so I'm not sure what it was.
    Thanks
    Martyn

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to volvokid For This Useful Post:

Harvey (Wednesday 24th July 2013),iancho (Wednesday 24th July 2013)

Clueless about Cars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 747 Posts
    Pity we couldn't of seen pic's the of alloys Martyn it all sounds very interesting.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iancho View Post
    Pity we couldn't of seen pic's the of alloys Martyn it all sounds very interesting.
    You will see pictures when all is done Ian, all I did was have them on a couple of stands and cleaned them, nothing very interesting lol.
    Thanks
    Martyn

6. The Following User Says Thank You to volvokid For This Useful Post:

iancho (Wednesday 24th July 2013)

Clueless about Cars
    Thanks
    everything you do is interesting... your such a perfectionist!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to iancho For This Useful Post:

volvokid (Wednesday 24th July 2013)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    everything you do is interesting... your such a perfectionist!
    Haha it's going to end with me being single tbh if I wasn't signed off work I would never have got to do this, it's only because the wife is working and jack is at nursery I have got to do this. As long as the flat is tip top when she gets home I don't think she is to bothered
    Thanks
    Martyn

10. The Following User Says Thank You to volvokid For This Useful Post:

Clueless about Cars
    Thanks
    I know what you mean... I would love to be able to spend some quality time on my car. I've been on Holiday for the past 2 weeks and haven't even had a sniff, unless I get out there at 5 or 6am whilst everyone is asleep I don't have a chance.

I'm dying to use the Meguiars Polishing machine but will have to wait until I can find the time...

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I'm the same, these light nights help at least I can go out when he is in bed. I've found that the V2 seems to be a cheaper made machine, you don't get a case any more only a bag and the yellow guard is now plastic. Lucky I've got my old case, the v2 is actually a bigger machine.
    Thanks
    Martyn

Clueless about Cars
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info mate... So it's not as good then?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info mate... So it's not as good then?
    Anything would be better than the V1 for me, I kept on breaking them lol at least you can change the bushes with ease on the V2. It runs just the same I have found, I have used a kestral in the past and the megs feels much nicer to use.
    Thanks
    Martyn

15. The Following User Says Thank You to volvokid For This Useful Post:

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Must say I am looking forward to seeing the alloys when finished.
    Then I will get some on order.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Must say I am looking forward to seeing the alloys when finished.
    Then I will get some on order.
    The alloys look very slightly darker with it, I'm hoping it does last. I keep on thinking about ordering a new windscreen for my car because its stone chipped before i use the window sealent but I don't like people changing things like that plus its still its original windscreen, when they did my saffy they broke all the clips and used silicone to glue the stripe down, I wasn't impressed when I was sitting at 70 and the thing flew up!!!
    Thanks
    Martyn

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts
    i must be very lucky, my misses let me mess about the car as much as i like and i can buy whay i like. no questions asked as long as rent is paid and theres food in cuboards
    s60 2.4 t5 eibach springs,up rated rear anti roll bar, poly bushed wishbones, poly lower engine mount, fmic, bmc air filter, 3" decat, 2.5" stainless exhaust,hlm remap 328bhp,

19. The Following User Says Thank You to graemewelch For This Useful Post:

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Just been out and did my rear bumper top cover and rear wiper blade with the C4 Permanent Trim Restorer. looking forward to getting the cover under the windscreen done, thats the one that is a pain to blacken every time I clean the car, If I have some left I might do the mud flaps, and maybe the blue engine covers.
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status
    Thanks
    i must be very lucky, my misses let me mess about the car as much as i like and i can buy whay i like. no questions asked as long as rent is paid and theres food in cuboards
    Yeah you are lucky, I have a mate that has a white R32 and gets to do whatever he wants. That might change they have a baby on the way haha, I do have a car savings account with nothing in it lol it tends to get used for repairs more than anything, I do get to buy my cleaning stuff though but I dont think she has any idea how much it all costs
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 727 Posts
    My wife is the same, but to be fair, she buys what she wants as well. As long as I keep her car clean, I'm allowed to spend as much time as I like playing with mine.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I'm done!!!!!!!

I will start off with the three flaws that I will hopefully sort out next year if I can keep my paws out of my savings. I also want to get the front resprayed to get rid of the stone chips.

Front NS mud flap must have scraped the paint off before I got it, and tiny bit of rust started, so I did a bodge repair not long after I got the car, and no rust has ever came back.

The rear bumper was also painted due to a bump on the Rear OS by the previous owner, It was one of those chips away type repairs and they only did half of the bumper so you can see the colour difference!!! it does my head in, even though I never noticed it until I was washing the car one night and it stood out, this is the only thing that really lets the car down IMO because you do see it if you are following the car!

The rear OS door was painted by Volvo I think back in 2007, I took the top coat of a couple months back.

I still don't know what level of paint correction I have achieved because I never took the lights out to check, these pictures are quite poor due to the weather being really overcast so there is no real paint correction pictures.

I will start with the wheel arches.

BEFORE

AFTER

Wheels

Sorry Graeme I think I would need new hub bolts, the rust has set in already, but they aren't bad, that's almost what they where like before, I would have been quite angry If I had spent all that time polishing them.
    Thanks
    Martyn

24. The Following User Says Thank You to volvokid For This Useful Post:

iancho (Thursday 25th July 2013)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Engine with some covers degreased with IPA, you can see that the degreaser has damaged my engine cover, it actually says on the PB site to be careful with this degreaser but oh well, you live and learn, I'm sure once you see the after picture you will agree they look pretty good now.

Before

After

Thanks
    Martyn

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to volvokid For This Useful Post:

iancho (Thursday 25th July 2013),stephenevans99 (Friday 26th July 2013)

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts
    looking good. youve inspired me to get on top of mine. its going no wear for the next 6 weeks at least. so im going to doing bits and bobs as i can untill i can put wieght on foot then i can get stuck into the bigger jobs. i can understand the bumper annoying you. it would annoy me to. you sound as anal as me.
    s60 2.4 t5 eibach springs,up rated rear anti roll bar, poly bushed wishbones, poly lower engine mount, fmic, bmc air filter, 3" decat, 2.5" stainless exhaust,hlm remap 328bhp,

This user has no status
    Thanks

Thanks
    Martyn

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to volvokid For This Useful Post:

iancho (Thursday 25th July 2013),stephenevans99 (Friday 26th July 2013),T5RatherAmusin (Saturday 3rd August 2013),V70 Graham (Thursday 25th July 2013),Wobbly Dave (Friday 26th July 2013)

Thread Information