Join Today
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: V70R Detail

This user has no status

Thanks
    Stop it girls lol I get more attention with the 852 Pick up everywhere I go lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,928 Posts
    Without wanting to continue the off topic stance this thread has taken I think it's important to break the term classic down. I totally agree that the yellow T-5R's will most likely be the car out the 850 range to fetch the most but it will not be the only classic. What I think is important to point out is there are classics and there are desirable classics. An Austin Allegro is a classic car without doubt, but desirable.. I'm not convinced, 850's will reach classic status whether you like it or not its just not all of them will be the "desirable classics" that a yellow T-5R will be, and its the desirability that will add the value..

Gun Metal Grey - Volvo 850R - Saloon
    Thanks to Russ and team www.rtmechanics.co.uk

Trader
    ???
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 Times in 2,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T5frankie View Post
    its gold but its not gay
    it is when its 2.0 lol and auto pmsl

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 727 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndysR View Post
    Without wanting to continue the off topic stance this thread has taken I think it's important to break the term classic down. I totally agree that the yellow T-5R's will most likely be the car out the 850 range to fetch the most but it will not be the only classic. What I think is important to point out is there are classics and there are desirable classics. An Austin Allegro is a classic car without doubt, but desirable.. I'm not convinced, 850's will reach classic status whether you like it or not its just not all of them will be the "desirable classics" that a yellow T-5R will be, and its the desirability that will add the value..
    Completely agree mate. A Yugo is now a rare car, but doesn't mean it will be desirable or worth anything lol.

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    I had to laugh at the disagreeing on here, that was good to read

Quote Originally Posted by WOODY T5 View Post
    lol he don't know any better tho how did it go in town with the corsa boys
    I didn't take it into town to do the circuit lol I had a night out planed but I was driving, I was only taking it if it wasn't raining I gave a mate a run home and he couldn't believe how shiny it was, so I must have done something rite.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKESC70T5 View Post
    Martin your a man after my own heart. Absolutely beautiful car, the best on the forum in my opinion. I've often thought about spending a long time detailing my car properly, but with the crap weather we have in this country and me using the car every day I really can't be arsed lol. I'll happily spend a day cleaning a single car but that's my limit. As for mint, its not far off going by the pictures. I don't think Frankies idea of mint is the same as other people's
    Bloody hell I would never have said its one of the best. When you get a comment like that it makes it worth it. The DA really has made the difference, I seen it for the first time under direct sunlight yesterday and I couldn't see any marring or swirls so im really really happy. Its maybe not up to PB stsndards level of correction but if I cant see anything with my eyes that's all that matters.
    Im hoping some of these new sealants ive tried are going to make a big difference when cleaning the car now, it should make life easier
    Thanks
    Martyn

6. The Following User Says Thank You to volvokid For This Useful Post:

WOODY T5 (Saturday 27th July 2013)

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T5frankie View Post
    i probably would love to drive a 2.4 t5 but they soft and comfy, not raw, so as a 2nd car it wouldnt do it for me but would as a daily driver
    tell you what if i ever make to a meet or the strip well have a go in each others cars. then we can compare notes. no mbc in my car though so you cant bend my rods lol
    s60 2.4 t5 eibach springs,up rated rear anti roll bar, poly bushed wishbones, poly lower engine mount, fmic, bmc air filter, 3" decat, 2.5" stainless exhaust,hlm remap 328bhp,

8. The Following User Says Thank You to graemewelch For This Useful Post:

T5frankie (Saturday 27th July 2013)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I actually take back my comment about not seeing any marks, the sun was beating down on it and there where some fine pig tailing on the paint I could have refined these out if I spent more time per panel, I dont think anyone will be going in close enough to inspect my paint work to notice :p
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status

Thanks
    Gee finally found this post and Martyn your lucky you have got the time to do all that work on a car.

Have you detailed the other R yet that you have been contracted to do if not why not???
    I hope you have not damaged it or been driving like a loony and if you have you wont get paid.
    I will pick it up in about four weeks when I get back from sunny France.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Haha no I still have to go buy a new sponge

Got a quote to get my odd bits painted though......
    Thanks
    Martyn

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volvokid View Post
    Cheers harvey, the only reason I cleaned my shocks up was so that I could apply the C5 to the alloys properly.
    Just wondering what the C5 looking like ? Any feed back,Just did my wheels with some before I fit them.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Just wondering what the C5 looking like ? Any feed back,Just did my wheels with some before I fit them.
    Well if im honnest buddie the R hasn't been washed since the crash. Ive hardly driven it. I think its doing well. I think the plastic restore stuff has started to come off though, well on the rear wiper it has, the rest is still perfect.
    Thanks
    Martyn

14. The Following User Says Thank You to volvokid For This Useful Post:

Harvey (Saturday 23rd November 2013)

Thread Information