Join Today
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: V70R Detail

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts

V70R Detail

Away to start day 3 of the Rs first detail, hopefully I will get all the correction work done today, then I will get the wheels off and clean underneath plus seal the wheels with this fancy new stuff. Then back onto the paint for its blackfire range. Will have a few other things to do that will take time lets see what I can get done today.
    Last edited by Santa; Thursday 25th July 2013 at 18:47. Reason: title change on request of op
    Thanks
    Martyn

2. The Following User Says Thank You to volvokid For This Useful Post:

iancho (Wednesday 24th July 2013)

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Pics please Martyn
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts
    as above we need pics. what you using from the black fire range. im sure youll be impressed by it. i was when i first used it.
    s60 2.4 t5 eibach springs,up rated rear anti roll bar, poly bushed wishbones, poly lower engine mount, fmic, bmc air filter, 3" decat, 2.5" stainless exhaust,hlm remap 328bhp,

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Should be interesting when the photos are posted,have a fun day.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by graemewelch View Post
    as above we need pics. what you using from the black fire range. im sure youll be impressed by it. i was when i first used it.
    Taking a quick break. Ive used it a few times. I bought it when I had my black C70. My final products are gloss enhancing polish, wet diamond paint protection, and midnight sun wax plus deep gloss spray. I use there metal sealant too on the exhaust pipes. Going to use the gtechniq c4 on the plastic, g1 for glass and c5 for the alloys. I will admit im not going mental on the swirl removal because im doing it out side so a pass with menzerna power finnish followed with final finnish is all im doing.
    Thanks
    Martyn

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    i only used final finish on mine. found that was enough. look fotward to the results
    s60 2.4 t5 eibach springs,up rated rear anti roll bar, poly bushed wishbones, poly lower engine mount, fmic, bmc air filter, 3" decat, 2.5" stainless exhaust,hlm remap 328bhp,

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Heres how it stands just now

Got all the polishing done, so took the wheels off and cleaned the arches with degreaser and tardis, going to paint the hubs silver again tomorrow. I thought I would give the engine a quick clean before I called it a night, I didn't use my normal P21S degreaser, I had a concoction of megs and autosmart stuff to hand so used that, it seems to have turned one of my blue engine covers funny, so not sure if I will manage to do anything with it tomorrow but I will try, if not I will get new covers in the future.

So still got a good bit to do yet just glad the polishing stage is over, I can now get on with the sealants.
    Thanks
    Martyn

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Don't forget to polish your nuts er no it's bolts.

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    its a big motor to polish. hope you didnt miss the roof. will you take pics between dif stages of sealants and waxes if you have time

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Don't forget to polish your nuts er no it's bolts.
    Yeah I need to do that they have a bit of rust on them, overall I'm not that impressed with the finish, I knew it would be a bit of a plain colour even once polished, you cant beat a dark coloured car.
    Thanks
    Martyn

VPCUK reigning car of the year
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,777 Times in 1,607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volvokid View Post
    Heres how it stands just now

[IMG]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh9/volvokidv70r/Volvo%20V70R%20Flash%20Green/DSC_0715_zpsa72536b4.
    Do you live in Liverpool area???

Dammm the photo edit didn't work... Bloody phone, now I look stupid!!! Grrr

This user has no status
    Thanks
    its a big motor to polish. hope you didnt miss the roof. will you take pics between dif stages of sealants and waxes if you have time
    Yeah I did every panel, I didn't hang about with the polishing like I used to so I know there will still be lines, I used to keep hitting the panel until it was flawless, If I had a nice garage to work in I would have done that but when your doing it outside and not using my spot lights I couldnt be bothered TBH and actually enjoyed not being so fussy this time, I used to get stressed out correcting paint before. I'm going to do something that most don't and take pictures of the flaws on this car but it gives me something to aim for and I will get them sorted in the future. I will easily take pictures of the next stages if you want, I don't believe you will see the difference on a camera but I will try.
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nealevo View Post
    Do you live in Liverpool area???

Dammm the photo edit didn't work... Bloody phone, now I look stupid!!! Grrr
    haha im lucky here i've left my keys in the ignition a couple of times overnight, touch wood ive never had anything stolen
    Thanks
    Martyn

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Yeah I did every panel, I didn't hang about with the polishing like I used to so I know there will still be lines, I used to keep hitting the panel until it was flawless, If I had a nice garage to work in I would have done that but when your doing it outside and not using my spot lights I couldnt be bothered TBH and actually enjoyed not being so fussy this time, I used to get stressed out correcting paint before. I'm going to do something that most don't and take pictures of the flaws on this car but it gives me something to aim for and I will get them sorted in the future. I will easily take pictures of the next stages if you want, I don't believe you will see the difference on a camera but I will try.
    i used to find i could tell the difference as soon as i put the all paint protection on. not sure about mid night sun wax that why was asking about pics. heres the finish i got last summer

16. The Following User Says Thank You to graemewelch For This Useful Post:

derek watson (Thursday 15th August 2013)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,928 Posts
    Yeah I need to do that they have a bit of rust on them, overall I'm not that impressed with the finish, I knew it would be a bit of a plain colour even once polished, you cant beat a dark coloured car.
    Oh I don't know about that! Not many cars I can think of that still look that good without their wheels and sitting on axle stands...

Gun Metal Grey - Volvo 850R - Saloon
    Thanks to Russ and team www.rtmechanics.co.uk

This user has no status
    Thanks
    i used to find i could tell the difference as soon as i put the all paint protection on. not sure about mid night sun wax that why was asking about pics. heres the finish i got last summer

I remember when you did that your car is stunning
    Thanks
    Martyn

19. The Following User Says Thank You to volvokid For This Useful Post:

graemewelch (Tuesday 23rd July 2013)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AndysR View Post
    Oh I don't know about that! Not many cars I can think of that still look that good without their wheels and sitting on axle stands...
    Haha andy I think yours would suit it better your car will be one of the best Rs on here once it's done, actually it was before all the work that your having done.
    Thanks
    Martyn

21. The Following User Says Thank You to volvokid For This Useful Post:

AndysR (Wednesday 24th July 2013)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    So today was a disaster wee man had to take today off nursery because he has conjunctivitis, I did get my hubs painted when he went to bed though, I'm glad because there is rain forecast for tomorow so don't think I will get anything done tomorrow.
    Thanks
    Martyn

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    So today was a disaster wee man had to take today off nursery because he has conjunctivitis, I did get my hubs painted when he went to bed though, I'm glad because there is rain forecast for tomorow so don't think I will get anything done tomorrow.
    poor fella. is that the eye infection. ive had that for last 5 days. not plesant

This user has no status

Thanks
    You wont be complaining about your mpg just now then now the R has no wheels on it.

Thread Information