Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

just got it mappped.........

So I have owned my car for nearly a year. And after a whole load of money being spent. I think im happy with what I have achieve.

So the spec levels. Brakes - standard discs. Black diamond predator pads. Stainless steel lines. New dot 4 for brake fluid.

Chassis - 30mm lowering springs. Sach dampers. Upper strut brace. Poly bushed engine mounts and torque bar. Polybushed wishbones.
    Subframe bush inserts and rear ultra brace still to be fitted.

Engine. Full stage zero. Rip kit. Gearbox oil change. Simota cold air intake. 15g turbo. Standard downpipe with decat. Bsr 3 inch exhaust. And hlm 304 ecu.

The car absolutely flys after the map. Its actually quite scary how hard the torque comes in. But im loving the power. Im loving th car in general.

Now I need to get it on a rolling road. And onto the quarter mile strip with you guys.
    I don't break gearboxes. Just engine mounts.............

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to inde_house For This Useful Post:

Chad (Tuesday 9th July 2013),iancho (Tuesday 9th July 2013),theflyingbrick (Monday 8th July 2013),Tomcat (Monday 8th July 2013)

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    nice mate, enjoy

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    Nice, don't forget the pic's lol, you could always make it down to Avon on the 21st

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

NOS
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,341 Posts
    nice one matey bit of real comp for me

"WOODY T5 fastest volvo 850 since 2011/12/13/14 @ avon and york 13.3 112mph
    854 t5 19t gripper mte bc loads more 311.6 whp 373 foot pound 342 @ clucth
    toy cbr954

This user has no status

Thanks
    I was getting it ready for avon on the 21st. Crash helmet is on its way. Might have a family function on that day now. But im still going to try n make it.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Also. Im loving the fact that it pops and bangs on the over run.

Woody I think that I would need a few more mods to be serious competition for you.

But I will line up next to you if I get the chance.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to inde_house For This Useful Post:

WOODY T5 (Monday 8th July 2013)

NOS
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,341 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inde_house View Post
    Also. Im loving the fact that it pops and bangs on the over run.

Woody I think that I would need a few more mods to be serious competition for you.

But I will line up next to you if I get the chance.
    i know mate bit of fun for jim and frank lol but joking aside my first mod was cone filter and a bleed valve mead a big diffrents and look at it now

"WOODY T5 fastest volvo 850 since 2011/12/13/14 @ avon and york 13.3 112mph
    854 t5 19t gripper mte bc loads more 311.6 whp 373 foot pound 342 @ clucth
    toy cbr954

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WOODY T5 For This Useful Post:

Jamest5r (Monday 8th July 2013),T5frankie (Monday 8th July 2013)

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    welcome to the very addictive world of modding,enjoy what you've done cause it wont be long before you want more

full respray..plenty of body mods..comets..ray cat back noise pipe..decat and wrapped downpipe..me7 exhaust manifold..3" throttle body with ported inlet manifold..blue injectors..adjustable fuel reg..reverse intercooler pipework..19t..open cone air filter..255 fuel pump..m-r-p short shift..boost gauge..unknown remap..adjustable suspension..lightweight crank pulley..n/a cams..stripped out interior..and a heavy right foot

This user has no status

Thanks
    I say this. I dont plan on much more power then this really. My plan was always the limitation of what the 15g turbo could produce. So unless I have to change that we shall see. But the plan would be a hybrid 15g of some kind. For me for every day use a smaller turbo with less lag is easier to use for finding gaps in traffic.

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    I say this. I dont plan on much more power then this really. My plan was always the limitation of what the 15g turbo could produce. So unless I have to change that we shall see. But the plan would be a hybrid 15g of some kind. For me for every day use a smaller turbo with less lag is easier to use for finding gaps in traffic.
    16t is a good turbo.......good enough for 284 bhp

full respray..plenty of body mods..comets..ray cat back noise pipe..decat and wrapped downpipe..me7 exhaust manifold..3" throttle body with ported inlet manifold..blue injectors..adjustable fuel reg..reverse intercooler pipework..19t..open cone air filter..255 fuel pump..m-r-p short shift..boost gauge..unknown remap..adjustable suspension..lightweight crank pulley..n/a cams..stripped out interior..and a heavy right foot

Gearbox Killer
    Proving the power of the
    15g....13.4@104.3mph
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,673 Times in 1,797 Posts
    the 15g is good for a 14.52 with very little else than an hlm304, thats all mine has and very little else then, next time could be a bit different, still with the 15g though

Current Volvo's 1995 854 Gul T-5R 1996 855 Olive T-5R 1997 855 Olive AWD 1999 V70R AWD and 2005 XC90 D5 AWD
    Previous Volvo's 1987 745 gle 1989 745 GL 1995 855 Olive GLE 2001 V70 p2
    My Ebay Items http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/quik.connection

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoleT5-R View Post
    the 15g is good for a 14.52 with very little else than an hlm304, thats all mine has and very little else then, next time could be a bit different, still with the 15g though
    You must of done something more than a remap surely? ? Thats a bloody good time for just a hlm map!!

This user has no status

Thanks
    Brick. .......have you had your car on a dyno. What sort of power are you getting

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MoleT5-R View Post
    And a set of slicks

Clueless about Cars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 747 Posts
    Nice mod's, sounds like a right corker especially on over run... would be good to see some pic's

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    Brick. .......have you had your car on a dyno. What sort of power are you getting
    no mate ive not had it on the rollers yet and tbh ive no idea what it might be,i know its over fuelling and the map isn't excactly right lol but it does go like a cat with its tail on fire

Thread Information