Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    This user has no status

Thanks

Question How much to brim it?

I was just wondering how much it generally costs to fill up the tank on say either the 850s or s/v70s?
    I am under the impression they both have similar if not identical tanks fitted size wise but was just wondering what the average cost is to fill them up with the old jungle juice?
    As I'm looking at them I thought may be handy to know rather than get the big shock at the pumps for the first time, I'm used to at present around £75 a fill up in my current car so just wondering how much more they are really?

Thanks guys.

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    Well I use nothing but V-Power (nitro) - Shell's premiere UL fuel & that usually costs 90 - 95 quid to fill the tank to the top (65L plus change)
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

This user has no status
    Thanks
    When the missus was commuting to work in our T5 she was using a tank full a week which was about 90 quids worth of Tescos super.
    Old Car: 855 T5 in Grey and rust (dead and gone, well, most of it !
    Missus' ride: Citroen C4 coupe 1.6 HDi,
    Modifications: Nowt.....yet !
    Daily driver: 855 R in Black,
    Currently nursing a blown head gasket, new engine on its way !
    Recent addition: Freshly imported Honda Stepwagon,
    Slowly turning into a camper van !

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Last time I brimmed mine from empty it was £118.

It's a P2 so it probably doesn't count in this instance
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks guys, was working out that I would probably be looking in that area. Not a major concern but I suppose it depends how quick we get through each tank but its only for family / fun use and no commuting involved, if mpg isn't too terrible then should see it level out with mine at present I suppose.

£120 to fill it up, that wouldve surprised me in a way I probably wouldn't want to remember if I had to do that. Blimey but I suppose its a fairly big tank on the P2s then.
    When I was 20 and I had my montego turbo I used to do over £130 in fuel a week sometimes because I was always out driving a little bit silly if I'm honest but that was when I didnt have to worry about much else so I could blow that much on juice.

Thanks for the info guys, kind of what was expecting too.

Thanks
    I believe the ex-plod has a larger tank - handy when chasing-down a prat in a scooby

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by M-R-P View Post
    I believe the ex-plod has a larger tank - handy when chasing-down a prat in a scooby
    Ah I see haha. Made me chuckle a bit that did. They aren't all that bad, a few friends have them and like us all, pratt about sometimes as and when we do but they are usually quite calm behind the wheel. I nearly bought one last year, do like them and always will do.
    Sorry if I've now convinced you I'm a "chav" at heart but the one time I've been to a meet they feel the same about corsas/saxos with big exhausts thinking they can take on the world lol.

Anyway, does make some sense I suppose, they have quite small tanks from memory so would give other advantages

Thanks
    Nobody likes chavs in corsas with loud exhausts lol.

It's the Pug Club round here that get my back up. Buzzing about like a swarm of hornets lol. Not one of them able to keep up with a T5 yet they sound like bloody Nascars.

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

This user has no status

Thanks
    Exactly. I will be honest I was a bit like that when I was younger before I got the turbo, I had a new Clio that I put a big exhaust on, did change the ecu and a few other bits which did make it quick for what it was but it was still a little Clio with a tiny engine at the end of the day.
    Still get its lots down here in "Saar fend" though, lots of different makes though where they do it, 120db exhaust means they can beat anything and go 150mph plus everywhere obviously.
    Even MGs do it to me, the annoying thing is though that because the mgs usually have a power output badge against the model on the boot they should know better that the 100hp zr isn't going to beat a 200hp zs. Spose its the child in us all at some point though.
    My car is certainly not a 300hp fire breathing monster but it certainly surprises a few cars and annoys more of the owners. It is quite loud but it is reasonably quick and my mods have been done to enhance not just annoy the neighbours.

You will always get it though, kids in rather annoyingly noisy cars trying to beat far more powerful motors out there.

Thanks
    And therin lies the problem with owning a Volvo. They see the badge and it's like a red rag to a bull - they have to pass it because it's a volvo and probably being driven by some old fart in a flat cap. It's when they try to pass on a B-road and you put your foot down and keep them alongside so they have to brake and pull in behind you - that really annoys them

Mine looks relatively standard and has a standard exhaust but when I floor it the induction noise makes them think twice . Shrek still gets people having a go and his makes LOADS of noise so It's gotta be the badge that attracts dipsticks more than anything lol.

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

This user has no status

Thanks
    I think you've hit the nail on the head there. I had it loads when. I had the Montego, they would see what looked like an old Montego going down the road and go to blast past it but not realising it had a 20yo driving it and had been tuned to 250 odd hp at the wheels. Was all done in a subtle way on that car, used to stick on the bumper of a now good friends evo before I got to know him.
    Still et it in the current mg too, again must be a badge thing but most people slate mine so why would you want to brag that you beat it? I don't know.

T5 or R on a volvo, I know not to bother as I know they shift even when quite standard so its daft when they do try to pick a fight they must know they won't ever win, still I smile everytime it happens and just laugh to myself.

VPCUK reigning car of the year
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,777 Times in 1,607 Posts
    I like the civic type R crew!.... they do try quite hard, but as i pass them with the dogs in the boot wagging their tails, its got to annoy then ever so slightly..

Back on topic, £93 yesterday of Shells finest Nitro....

Thanks
    I took a Cupra R between 2 sets of lights, got 5 or 6 car lengths between us before we stopped for the next set. He didn't like it when I pointed to the washing machine I had in the boot

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nealevo View Post
    I like the civic type R crew!.... they do try quite hard, but as i pass them with the dogs in the boot wagging their tails, its got to annoy then ever so slightly..

Back on topic, £93 yesterday of Shells finest Nitro....

Haha Neal I bet that probably did annoy them, I would've been curled over laughing at that one.!
    They are a trying bunch that's true.

£93 of the finest, that's again not too bad. How long does it usually last I'm one of these then, as a guide what sort of mileage with varied driving styles being used?

Cheers for that.

the true nut job
    Thanks
    110 for the R.....
    who puts 300bhp in a volvo.....DONT MIND MY SMILE, THE VOICES IN MY HEAD ARE JUST TELLING DIRTY JOKES........v70R...hids..black mesh grill...17 inch R alloys..groved and drilled front and rear disc..lots bling..,k-n filter..yamaha R1-98 with nos..touring bike honda varadero xl 1000...

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts
    mine takes about 85 when light comes on.
    s60 2.4 t5 eibach springs,up rated rear anti roll bar, poly bushed wishbones, poly lower engine mount, fmic, bmc air filter, 3" decat, 2.5" stainless exhaust,hlm remap 328bhp,

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Yne from empt with tesco super is around 90

This user has no status

Thanks
    I took a Cupra R between 2 sets of lights, got 5 or 6 car lengths between us before we stopped for the next set. He didn't like it when I pointed to the washing machine I had in the boot
    Didnt see this earlier Martin, yep bet they were a touch cheesed off too lol.

On the tank sides of things though I appreciate the info guys, I know that the differing price if fuel in different areas will also make a slight difference to the overall price but it does give me a guide.

How many are going to now scare me as to how long it would usually last in terms of overall mileage between fills?

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    I try not to fill mine 'all in one go' it would scare me too much

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Back in a V70 and happy!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,449 Times in 1,272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by V70 Graham View Post
    I try not to fill mine 'all in one go' it would scare me too much
    I've recently been filling up at around half a tank, if I've been passing a Shell station. Like you say, £50.00 per 'fill up' seems better than £85.00, but I've also been putting 35 litres(approx. £50.00) in, several times so as to claim extra points.

Thread Information