Join Today

Thread: help needed

wish i had my 850 back
    Thanks

help needed

Hi all im having masses of issuses with my 97 v70 t5 its starting to miss fire badley on 1st start and the temp gauge is moving with in 10 sec of it starting now i had the thermostat changed about months ago same as the plugs iv bin looking all morning to find a full set of leads dizzy cap and coil but cannot find any for the 97 t5 all seam to be for none turbo i dont fancy getting had by main stealler as i can do this myself the thermostat is starting to worry me as it was a new stat and senser which cost a arm and a leg can any one help where to find these parts please thanks danny

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t5owners dan View Post
    Hi all im having masses of issuses with my 97 v70 t5 its starting to miss fire badley on 1st start and the temp gauge is moving with in 10 sec of it starting now i had the thermostat changed about months ago same as the plugs iv bin looking all morning to find a full set of leads dizzy cap and coil but cannot find any for the 97 t5 all seam to be for none turbo i dont fancy getting had by main stealler as i can do this myself the thermostat is starting to worry me as it was a new stat and senser which cost a arm and a leg can any one help where to find these parts please thanks danny
    just order them for an 850 t5 mate they are the same

3. The Following User Says Thank You to T5frankie For This Useful Post:

t5owners dan (Sunday 24th November 2013)

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/...oducts_id=2581

http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/...oducts_id=3646

http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/...oducts_id=4411

These are what I used on my C70 T5, but I didn't change the coil.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to stribo For This Useful Post:

t5owners dan (Sunday 24th November 2013)

wish i had my 850 back
    Thanks
    thanks for the links stribo im starting to think i may have to buy another engine for my car as the temp moving just after its started and only had a new thermostat and senser done 2 months ago may be time to change the lump lol thanks for the replys guys

Meh.....
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Could be your gauge dude.
    When I had my faulty clocks in they used to get a dodgy signal & fly up to half??
    missing being Swedish

Previously:
    03 S40 Sport Lux 1.9d SOLD
    1998 MTE Stage 2 V70 T5 Manual SOLD
    1998 V70R AWD Manual BROKEN

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Biff For This Useful Post:

t5owners dan (Tuesday 26th November 2013)

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    thanks for the links stribo im starting to think i may have to buy another engine for my car as the temp moving just after its started and only had a new thermostat and senser done 2 months ago may be time to change the lump lol thanks for the replys guys
    As Biff said, could be guage, or the temperature sender, much cheaper to change the sender before you change the engine.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to stribo For This Useful Post:

t5owners dan (Tuesday 26th November 2013)

wish i had my 850 back
    Thanks
    thanks all the clocks have bin changed and vosa and dvla informed as the the clocks stopped working so i know they are good there is the chance it could be the temp senser as it was changed 2 months ago with the thermostat but i think he didnt use volvo parts so im on ordering another one thanks all for the help

Thread Information