Join Today

Threaded View

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts

Project rust box time to save the gul

Originally mini me found this gul left in some ones front garden looking very sorry for its self so made an offer and managed to buy the car which was fantastic news after a week Wayne realised the cost involved getting this just half decent would be a small fortune and just didn't have the heart to sell his lovley t5 so decided he was going to sell the car.
    I had a word with Wayne and a price was agreed that we were both happy with so the car came into the work shop.

So the spec, its an original 1995 Volvo 850 t5r manual with 179k on the clock all original apart from some 40 mm lowering springs which will be going.

And the plan is to fully restore the car from ground up with all new parts bushes etc and to be used as my daily car this will be done over a year or two as I just don't have the time.

And the best bit piccys

And after a quick wash

After the wash I decided to spend the next 4 hours doing the interior but I don't have any finished piccys so will up date later
    But heres how it did look absoutly scruffy

I was really surprised how good the interior came up with a good wash also all the seats came up like new with a good dye and leather cream the plan for the interior will be just a case of having the front seats re trimed and all new foam apart from that I cannot fault it.
    Last edited by t5 pete; Saturday 29th June 2013 at 20:39.

Thread Information