Join Today
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    compare how tall the TW intercooler is compared to the factory one. I'm interested to see what insurance companies say about drilling the crossbar if you were to have a front-end crash
    I think the new intercooler would absorb some of the energy in a crash as it's larger than the stock one.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    Just to be clear, these are Purge valves or Vacuum valves and there are two in the purge lines. One under the manifold and one to the right of the head.
    After removing and cheacking each one by simply blowing though them I found them both to be leaking air in the direction that they should seal. This will give you an internal air leak and also a MAF code.
    I bought them from Mercedes-Benz for £3.95 each rather than pay £80 plus vat for Volvo complete purge hose with two valves already fitted...
    Lee,
    Do you remember the part number of these valves?
    Thanks

V70 2.4T5 M66 Summum

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ric@rdo For This Useful Post:

merc85 (Saturday 11th October 2014)

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric@rdo View Post
    Lee,
    Do you remember the part number of these valves?
    Thanks
    Is that a trick question?? Can't you see the part number on the invoice that you just posted?

This user has no status

Thanks
    Why would I ask you a trick question? The resolution of the photo isn't the best to look at the character's. No worries.

V70 2.4T5 M66 Summum

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric@rdo View Post
    Why would I ask you a trick question? The resolution of the photo isn't the best to look at the character's. No worries.
    If you click on the photo, it'll take you to photobucket, where you can zoom in on the picture, but to save you the hassle the number on the invoice is MA000 431 61 07.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    If you click on the photo, it'll take you to photobucket, where you can zoom in on the picture, but to save you the hassle the number on the invoice is MA000 431 61 07.
    What he said ^^^^^^

Sorry Ricardo, didn't realise you couldn't see it. I posted the piccy so you could see it!
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    Sorry... Maybe it was my internet connection that was poor... When I clicked on the photobucket link, the picture was really bad
    I was at the beach using a bad WiFi connection

V70 2.4T5 M66 Summum

Norfolk born and bred.
    Give me a high 6!!!
    Thanks
    Merc own brand engine oil!!!
    Me: 2005 V70 2.4 T5 SE. All standard.
    The Wife: 2008 C70 2.5 T5 SE. All standard.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhorse View Post
    Merc own brand engine oil!!!
    eh?
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Norfolk born and bred.
    Give me a high 6!!!
    Thanks
    Just above the part number.............. wonder if it actually designed for various Merc engines, or a rebranding of someone else's oil?

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Just above the part number.............. wonder if it actually designed for various Merc engines, or a rebranding of someone else's oil?
    Mercedes-Benz don't make oil. Therefore, they have paid to have someone else's branded as their own!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

merc85 (Friday 15th August 2014)

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Volvo do exactly the same, it's just castrol in a Volvo bottle
    Thanks
    Martyn

15. The Following User Says Thank You to volvokid For This Useful Post:

merc85 (Friday 15th August 2014)

Norfolk born and bred.
    Give me a high 6!!!
    Thanks
    Just had a look at those 2 little Vac one way valves. The one under the manifold I can blow through from either end, so that's a knacker. The other one sealed itself with just the slightest of blows. That's how it should be I 'spose.
    Anyway, will replace them both and see how I get on.
    When I replaced all the Vac lines, I didn't bother to test the valves!
    Cheers for the tip on those Lee.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to silverhorse For This Useful Post:

LeeT5 (Tuesday 20th February 2018)

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by volvokid View Post
    Volvo do exactly the same, it's just castrol in a Volvo bottle
    Volvo don't use Castrol anymore. Don't think they have their own branded oil. Haven't seen any at Dealer for ages now...they use Shell Helix.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Just had a look at those 2 little Vac one way valves. The one under the manifold I can blow through from either end, so that's a knacker. The other one sealed itself with just the slightest of blows. That's how it should be I 'spose.
    Anyway, will replace them both and see how I get on.
    When I replaced all the Vac lines, I didn't bother to test the valves!
    Cheers for the tip on those Lee.
    Often over looked. They will technically give you an internal air leak and not detected on a smoke leak test! They can radically affect performance. I lost 2 psi boost!

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Volvo don't use Castrol anymore. Don't think they have their own branded oil. Haven't seen any at Dealer for ages now...they use Shell Helix.
    I still order all my oil from FRF and it comes in a Volvo branded bottle. I got for the D5 just last month.
    Thanks
    Martyn

21. The Following User Says Thank You to volvokid For This Useful Post:

LeeT5 (Monday 18th August 2014)

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Seeing as my car is no longer lowered, I removed my 12mm/15mm TPi spacers and fitted new Eibach ones. 5mm all round.

It's a subtle improvement over stock yet not as in your face as before. The 12mm/15mm looked great when lowered but just didn't look right on stock springs.
    Plus, I'll get less mud/dirt flinging over the bodywork.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Here's a short induction video of the new Elevate cotton filter. Video was taken just before I refurbished my AMS:

Nice turbo spool!!

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Last weeks jobs:

Fitted new Bosch (front) O2 sensor.
    Removed the merc (temporary) one way valves and fitted genuine Volvo ones. Incidentally, they are the same size but black and white but the internals looks larger bore.
    Fitted new oe fuel filter.

Noticed an improvement in throttle response and base idle when coming to a stop from driving. Much improved and I think, need longer to see, fuel economy is on the up!

Car will be booked in to the Dealer for a 140k service next month. I will be supplying the oil - gonna change from Castrol 5w30 magnetec to a different grade, maybe a 0w30....

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Last weeks jobs:

Fitted new Bosch (front) O2 sensor.
    Removed the merc (temporary) one way valves and fitted genuine Volvo ones. Incidentally, they are the same size but black and white but the internals looks larger bore.
    Fitted new oe fuel filter.

Noticed an improvement in throttle response and base idle when coming to a stop from driving. Much improved and I think, need longer to see, fuel economy is on the up!

Car will be booked in to the Dealer for a 140k service next month. I will be supplying the oil - gonna change from Castrol 5w30 magnetec to a different grade, maybe a 0w30....
    Have a look what Mobil say ?. They give a bit of choice 2003 - 2007 cars listed. 0w30 & 5w30 then 0w40 all listed.

http://www.mobil.co.uk/UK-English-LC...which-oil.aspx

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Harvey For This Useful Post:

LeeT5 (Saturday 11th October 2014)

Thread Information