Join Today
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast
    ...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jellison View Post
    Hi Lee,

That front splitter you fitted, was it one of these? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-S60R...-/222105286896
    As sure I read somewhere that a Cupra front spoiler / splitter is not wide enough for a V70 / R bumper and might need 2 of these cut and shut?
    Yes, I fitted the splitter that your link goes to.

You do not need to cut and shut two splitters to make them fit. My car only has one fitted and if your careful in it's placement, it will look ok.
    I've had no negative comments about mine and who said a splitter had to go all the way to the sides anyway!?
    I know I'm biased but I think mine looks great, subtle but still great! It's not in your face, did not require painting and blends in with the rest the car perfectly.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Gave my R a quick winter lick a few weeks ago and tried out the New Carplan Super gloss sealer. First impressions are very good. Simple to apply with dramatic results!

Says it seals for up to 12 months! So we'll see how it goes. Good job I did as shortly after that I went up to my sisters after Xmas and had a play in the snow....

2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Whilst playing in said snow, I managed to rip off the fuel pipe track from under the car. Carries the supply and return pipes. I cable tied them up temporay until I could get the part....

New part bought, including some other bits that I needed to get...

Comes with the 6 plastic clips already fitted!

Also fitted some chassis bungs, some were missing...

Last edited by LeeT5; Thursday 1st February 2018 at 08:16.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

stricky1967 (Friday 2nd February 2018)

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Fuel pipe chassis rail part#

Found my Intercooler to OTE hose was starting to degrade...

New hose...

Now fitted.

New wheel bolts to replace all the old ones. These are modified and have individual tapered collars, so when you torque them up they dont damage the alloy and scratch the paint....

New rear wiper blade...

Brand new front grille as the old one was getting very tatty and I no longer liked the painted surround after my front end respray, so I went back to stock...

Bumper removal..

Last edited by LeeT5; Thursday 1st February 2018 at 08:43.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

Ric@rdo (Thursday 1st February 2018),stricky1967 (Friday 2nd February 2018)

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,497 Posts
    Noticed you have the grille listed on eBay...looks nice but OE is the way to go. Stunning

8. The Following User Says Thank You to stephenevans99 For This Useful Post:

LeeT5 (Thursday 1st February 2018)

...here we go again...
    Thanks

Post Links to other threads for my car...

I get asked a lot of time about stuff on my car and some of which i've mentioned in other threads before this one. So, in an effort to link the missing info, like my custom exhaust thread or the Alarm service module thread, then I'm going to attach them all here. Not all, just some of the useful or more interesting ones that might be of some help to others
    (I apologise for any missing photos in advance.)

Alarm system service and replacement

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthre...red&highlight=

Decoke ETM and 'Anti vibration dampers for Brembo front brakes'

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthre...-new-additions

Custom 2.5" exhaust system

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthre...day&highlight=

Lowering your V70R/S60R and fitting the Alloy sump guard

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthre...your-S60r-V70R

Wheels refurbed (Nice glossy pictures!)

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthre...furbed-finally!

Replace your Sub Woofer amp fan on a V70R

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthre...70R&highlight=

Fitting IPD boost guage and door pod

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthre...P2)&highlight=

How to fix/cure AWD Propshaft bearing noise P1 model (will also refer to P2)

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthre...x!!&highlight=
    Last edited by LeeT5; Friday 2nd February 2018 at 08:08.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

stricky1967 (Friday 2nd February 2018)

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 790 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    Gave my R a quick winter lick a few weeks ago and tried out the New Carplan Super gloss sealer. First impressions are very good. Simple to apply with dramatic results!

Says it seals for up to 12 months! So we'll see how it goes. Good job I did as shortly after that I went up to my sisters after Xmas and had a play in the snow....

I’ve been looking at some of those dealers from car plan, def give them when sonic is manual converted in couple of months.

Also I’ve got a couple of sets of those anti brake vibration plates I did wonder what they were for lol

...here we go again...
    Thanks

Tailgate strut refresh

So my oem fit struts were getting tired and they weren't lifting the tailgate the last 6" without me pushing up. So I decided to replace them.
    I bought Stabilus struts and as you can see they're quite chunky:

To access you'll need to fold down the rear seats, remove the load cover, remove the first floor panel, unbolt the side window panels and pull out for access (don't need to fully remove), remove the corner panels, middle boot light section, speaker panels and the roof edge panels:

Then support the tailgate with a suitable adjustable extension pole (£10 from most motor factors):

Once you've gained access to the struts you'll see this:

LEFT SIDE

RIGHT SIDE

Use long nose pliers and a small flat head screw driver to unclip the tiny clips that hold the sockets onto the ball. Take great care not to break or loose these clips as you don't get new ones supplied with the new struts.

Once the first clips are removed it will look like this:

Remove the second ball joint clip and remove the struts. They simply pull down if a little stuck!

(Fitting is the same but in reverse)

Then reassemble the boot space, taking care not to break/loose and trim clips.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

Ric@rdo (Saturday 17th February 2018)

...here we go again...
    Thanks

Cool Some new additions

Bought a new oem key fob to go with the Atacama interior...

New oem dash cloth for wiping away dust....

...and a new Genuine Volvo leather USB iphone lightning cable...

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Nerdtastic
    2001 V70 T5 (Manual) - The Turnip
    1999 9-5 Aero (Manual) - Sven

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Gold 'N' Brown For This Useful Post:

LeeT5 (Saturday 17th February 2018)

...here we go again...
    Thanks

Rear nearside brake caliper replaced - March 2018

Been a few months since last update but for some time now I've been getting an intermittent squeal from the rear left brake. Had the pads out and cleaned, regreased slides etc but noise returns within 20 miles. So I came to the conclusion it must be the caliper, as it's the last remaining original one that I'd not replaced in my ownership.

So a quick booking at Volvo after a call to the AA and it was in for a replacement. Whilst she was in, I had Volvo do a full brake fluid flush and I provided the Brembo 5.1 Synthetic fluid.

£93 later and the car's all done!!

Other than the brakes feeling slightly more responsive, the all important noise has now also gone!

...here we go again...
    Thanks

Rear Wiper motor packed up - May 2018

About a 6 months ago, I noticed the rear wiper motor acting odd. It would occasionally stop in random places on the rear screen, rather than doing the full sweep. This was intermittent until two weeks ago, when I got back from holiday. Car started first time after 2 weeks away and went to clear the rear screen and the wiper stopped about half way and would not return.
    I checked both the 15amp fuse and relay in the REM in the boot. All good. I could also hear the relay clicking when the switch was on, so it must be the motor packed up.

I toyed with the idea of getting a pattern part as they are considerably cheaper but I was concerned about build quality and use of cheap internal parts. The OE part is made by Bosch!
    So I figured I'd buy oem as this one had lasted over 150k.

Part number is #8667188 £248 inc vat. (including my discount)

Part is a doddle to fit.....Remove the rear wiper arm and 4 screws in the tailgate trim, then pop off the trim. Undo 4x 10mm bolts and release the washer hose and wiper motor plug. Then fit the new motor and reassemble.

The new motor is alot quieter, so I'm happy.
    Happy days!

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

MoleT-5R (Tuesday 15th May 2018),Ric@rdo (Thursday 17th May 2018),stricky1967 (Wednesday 23rd May 2018)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Got to say mate your attention to detail is spot on, anyone can make a car look pretty but attention to detail is what seperates others, taken inspiration for my wife's V70 D5, keep up the exceptional work and standards.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Red850Restate For This Useful Post:

LeeT5 (Thursday 17th May 2018)

...here we go again...
    Thanks

New Jetex Air Filter

5 years old and the air filter has seen it's last dust particle. Looking tired, washed out and starting to go rusty. It's served me well though and saved me a couple of hundred quid in stock filters (with increased air flow and a nice blue colour to boot).

So I treated the old girl to a new Filter....

Once the old one was out, you can see the stark difference!

New filter going in...

Filter warning for Technicians...

...here we go again...
    Thanks

Slam panel refresh

When I replaced my IC with a FMIC I toyed with the idea of respraying the front slam panel. However, days turned into weeks for the repair so I just couldn't be bothered in the extra agro of rubbing down, priming, painting and sealing. Plus I needed the car asap, I decidedd just to clean it up and replace a few rusty bolts.

So this time I've replaced the tired, worn and peeling off stickers with some nice new shiny ones and a few more additions.

HID warning stickers x 2

Updated cooling fan warning sticker x 1 (it's flouresent yellow!!)

Got hold of a vacuum hose routing sticker (why not)...

Cooling fan warning sticker part #30896588
    Vacuum hose routing sticker part #31812195
    HID light warning sticker part# 30651013 x2

Gearbox Killer
    Proving the power of the
    15g....13.4@104.3mph
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,673 Times in 1,797 Posts
    When I replaced my IC with a FMIC I toyed with the idea of respraying the front slam panel. However, days turned into weeks for the repair so I just couldn't be bothered in the extra agro of rubbing down, priming, painting and sealing. Plus I needed the car asap, I decidedd just to clean it up and replace a few rusty bolts.

So this time I've replaced the tired, worn and peeling off stickers with some nice new shiny ones and a few more additions.

HID warning stickers x 2

Updated cooling fan warning sticker x 1 (it's flouresent yellow!!)

Got hold of a vacuum hose routing sticker (why not)...

Cooling fan warning sticker part #30896588
    Vacuum hose routing sticker part #31812195
    HID light warning sticker part# 30651013 x2
    That freshens the engine bay up nicely, along with the filter. I really like the vacuum hose sticker, very useful

Current Volvo's 1995 854 Gul T-5R 1996 855 Olive T-5R 1997 855 Olive AWD 1999 V70R AWD and 2005 XC90 D5 AWD
    Previous Volvo's 1987 745 gle 1989 745 GL 1995 855 Olive GLE 2001 V70 p2
    My Ebay Items http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/quik.connection

...here we go again...
    Thanks

Boost leak....

Car has developed a boost leak at around or just above 17 psi under load in 4th/5th/6th gear.

Fault code is ECM 6806 - Turbocharger (TC) control system flow fault - Flow too low. Car boosts fine until 18 psi then drops to 7 psi and won't drive normal again until restarted.

So far I've removed and cleaned the TCV, BPS and MAF. I've also swapped the TCV with a known second hand working TCV, same fault still present.

Cars getting booked in for a smoke leak test at Volvo next week, so I'll keep you all posted. Other than that, it drives fine and after every drive cycle, the boost is restored from the ECM safe value of 7psi until I hit 18 psi again.

For now, she remains parked up....

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Swapped out the inline one way valves with genuine Volve ones from a broken S60R. Checked before fitting and they hold 25psi. Fitted but the ECM 6806 fault is still present after a short run. Checked all the usual suspects.

Car now booked in to Volvo for a smoke leak test and investigation on 26th July.

Hoping for a miracle
    Thanks
    Car has developed a boost leak at around or just above 17 psi under load in 4th/5th/6th gear.

Fault code is ECM 6806 - Turbocharger (TC) control system flow fault - Flow too low. Car boosts fine until 18 psi then drops to 7 psi and won't drive normal again until restarted.

So far I've removed and cleaned the TCV, BPS and MAF. I've also swapped the TCV with a known second hand working TCV, same fault still present.

Cars getting booked in for a smoke leak test at Volvo next week, so I'll keep you all posted. Other than that, it drives fine and after every drive cycle, the boost is restored from the ECM safe value of 7psi until I hit 18 psi again.

For now, she remains parked up....

Nice cover where di you get it Lee please? I bought a similar looking one from Halfords, after one winter outside its pretty damaged!
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11614&dateline=143983  7674

2004 - V70 D5 -'Black Bess' - The new addition
    2002 - C70 T5 'Ragetty Anne' - awaiting rebuild long term storage

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tee5alive View Post
    Nice cover where di you get it Lee please? I bought a similar looking one from Halfords, after one winter outside its pretty damaged!
    I was given it by my Dad many years ago. No idea where he got it from and I doubt he'd remember.
    It's a Quality UV reflective cover with soft underside, elastic corners and waterproof/breathable membrane. Works very well.

I wouldn't get one from halfords as the XL cover (you'd need) is very heavy in comparison to mine. I think mine came from a proper car cover company?

Thread Information