Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

V70 glass headlights, plastic headlights

My V70's glass headlights are condensating. I've tried and failed to fix them.

Can I easily swap them for the plastic ones?
    I mean, are the reflectors and lampholders compatible?

I suppose what I'm asking is, can I unbolt a glass headlingt, undo the lampholders, then fit them back into a plastic headlight, bolt it up, and it'll work? Beam wise?

Thanks
    Dave
    Last edited by DaveyP; Thursday 1st April 2021 at 23:14.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Will make no difference fitting the plastic light units and a very costly swap.
    Have you got the rear covers fitted correctly? Did you retro fit HID's, when the stock lamp is a H7 Halogen?
    There must be a reason the glass is condensating.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status
    Thanks
    No, standard bulbs.
    I reckon the seals on the headlights are done. I tried drying them out and seaing with silicone. I'm not going to start taking them apart, I tried that on a different car years ago and mucked it right up!
    So the plastic units just fit? Correct reflectors for the bulbs I've got?
    I prefer the look of plastic.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyP View Post
    No, standard bulbs.
    I reckon the seals on the headlights are done. I tried drying them out and sealing with silicone. I'm not going to start taking them apart, I tried that on a different car years ago and mucked it right up!
    So the plastic units just fit? Correct reflectors for the bulbs I've got?
    I prefer the look of plastic.
    Not sure if 06/07 models change to plastic units? If they did, then they should be identical fitment.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Thread Information