Join Today
Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast
    ...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts

LeeT5's V70R Project

Well i thought I'd update you all in the last few months to some of the things I've been up to. Purchased myself some of these (when a friend of mine visited the states, saved me a fortune on import fee's)

Fitted:

Also (as you know) removed my Eibachs and had brand new OE springs fitted and also had the important rear bushes replaced with Powerflex:

#5, 6, 7 and 10 were replaced.

No 10:

No 6:

No7 + New Road springs:

Then it was off to Elite, Rainham, Essex to have four wheel alignment checked, the results:

Not looking good....so a few adjustments here and there.........

Final results:

Sweet!!!

Rear mudguards removed and spacers kept on 15mm rear:

12mm front:
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

craigoodwood (Friday 28th June 2013),iancho (Tuesday 2nd July 2013),siamblue (Sunday 13th April 2014)

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts
    looking good lee. how did the solid front mount change the ride and viabration in the cabin can be much more you can do to that motor of yours. loving the plate. never noticed it befor
    s60 2.4 t5 eibach springs,up rated rear anti roll bar, poly bushed wishbones, poly lower engine mount, fmic, bmc air filter, 3" decat, 2.5" stainless exhaust,hlm remap 328bhp,

4. The Following User Says Thank You to graemewelch For This Useful Post:

LeeT5 (Friday 28th June 2013)

230K, aiming for 300k!

Thanks
    Nice write up. Nice to see the powerflex diagrams related to real pictures!
    Out of interest, is the camber at the rear intentional? Or is it just that they couldn't get it back into tolerance? How have the powerflex rear bushes changes things? Stiffer? Sharper? More road noise?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JimmyBurnWorld For This Useful Post:

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    .....Then i thought I'd out the old high beam halogens for some extra bright ones. Don't get me wrong, there never going to be HID brightness, but a subtle improvement has been noticed

Before:

After:

Then i outed the front fog light grille's and fitted the later 05> versions:

drove down to my local stealer and purchased........

Then I removed my tired, worn fronts seats that had done 130k and replaced them with two newish front seats that have done only 40k. Used the Volvo leather treatment and it works a treat. The results are gorgeous! Some portions of the seats still have that grainy new leather look.

2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    .........Then i cleaned up my steering wheel......and gearknob....Alot of the blue stitching was black with dirt. This stuff brought it right back!!

Then i Dynamatted the rear boot area.......

Before:

After:

Bought myself a TWR badge for the rear (I am still playing with the badges, moving them about until I'm settled on a permanent look):

.....and continued the theme down the side.........

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Here's how she looks now....

(I have moved the Dart TAg from the middle of the windscreen. It can't be seen now)

Now I'm gonna sit back and chew the fat for a month or two. Then it's new windscreen, Power steering fluid change, replace o/s/f fog light (new one sitting on shelf in garage).

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts
    no rest for the wickered lee. loving the little touches except for window stickers. you cant be perfect all the time though lol
    s60 2.4 t5 eibach springs,up rated rear anti roll bar, poly bushed wishbones, poly lower engine mount, fmic, bmc air filter, 3" decat, 2.5" stainless exhaust,hlm remap 328bhp,

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by graemewelch View Post
    looking good lee. how did the solid front mount change the ride and viabration in the cabin can be much more you can do to that motor of yours. loving the plate. never noticed it befor
    I must point out i did have Powerflex bushes on the strut, but these improve it no end! First thing i noticed was the steering felt more positive, sharper. There is a noticeable feel of the road through the steering but it's not unpleasant. A definite improvement!

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyBurnWorld View Post
    Nice write up. Nice to see the powerflex diagrams related to real pictures!
    Out of interest, is the camber at the rear intentional? Or is it just that they couldn't get it back into tolerance? How have the powerflex rear bushes changes things? Stiffer? Sharper? More road noise?
    The camber, as you all know, on the rear of a P2 is NOT adjustable by default. I did think that fitting normal (when i say normal, i mean, Not the IPD adjustable ones) bushes would bring it right back into spec but having spoke with the alignment guys and a couple of techs it would appear the newer, stiffer Powerflex bushes are not allowing the car to settle and therefore the camber spec i have now, is what the car is stuck with. If i removed ALL the P/F bushes and fitted OE then the spec would be within Volvo spec because the bushes are that much softer they allow the car to settle more.

Please also bear in mind that i had a full tank of fuel at the time. Had the tank been nearly empty then the results would have been within spec.

I will point out one more thing. Although, on paper, the camber looks bad; it's not! In fact, were only talking less than half of 1 degree to be within spec. Honestly, that's really nothing to be concerned about. Having done a couple of thousand miles since then, i can report no excess wear on the rear tyres. It is constantly monitored and will be addressed if it becomes an issue.

The important thing to note is that i wanted -0.02 front and parallel rear. I think they did mightily well in achieving my goal with a total steer ahead of 0.00 too!!!

A friend of mine drove my car a few weeks ago and the first thing he said was..."Blimey, your steering is spot on!"
    I rest my case.
    Last edited by LeeT5; Friday 28th June 2013 at 18:33.

Not from Newcastle
    Further North than Foammanmark
    and proud of it!!
    Thanks
    Very nice looking car mate.
    Current Car: VW Golf GT TDI 170 DSG

Old Cars: Saffy V70R, S60 2.4T SE, 854 T5, V70 T5, S70R, Saab 95 2.3 AERO, Seat Leon Cupra, Vauxhaul Vectra 2.5 V6 GSI, Vauxhaul Combo van 1.4 D

13. The Following User Says Thank You to smithson007 For This Useful Post:

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by graemewelch View Post
    no rest for the wickered lee. loving the little touches except for window stickers. you cant be perfect all the time though lol
    Noted. They are easily removed if i don't like 'em. I like them because they break up rear end mass which is the back window.

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    You know my opinion on your car, you do no wrong :p
    Thanks
    Martyn

16. The Following User Says Thank You to volvokid For This Useful Post:

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Looking good as always.
    The fog light grill are for the cars with auto boxes as you can get a transmission oil cooler that fit behind the N/S grill,but they were fitted to the R cars 2003> it looks like what grills the factory had at the time were fitted.
    I changed my grills to vented ones when I fitted the IPD vent kit. And my car is a auto.

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthre...2007-R-Ram-air

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Harvey For This Useful Post:

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Lee looking at the rear bush photos ,looks like the black powerflex ones do you think they are a bit to hard to allow the rear to move to get the settings you were after ?.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Lee looking at the rear bush photos ,looks like the black powerflex ones do you think they are a bit to hard to allow the rear to move to get the settings you were after ?.
    No mate. I don't want the rear to move! At all!!

I'm happy with the setup. Just gotta tweak it a little to try and smooth out the side hop. Had next to none when it was lowered.
    Trade off i suppose, at least i get a more comfy ride. Not being funny but Comfort is still very firm. It just doesn't jitter about like it used to with the eibachs.
    Last edited by LeeT5; Friday 28th June 2013 at 21:32.

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    I must say my car just stays on comfort all the time,driving a van 6 days a week it makes the car even more comfortable to be in.

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    One of the cars we don't see enough of on the forum, always a pleasure to see pictures of this beauty.

I'm with Graeme though, not sure about the rear window stickers.....time will tell.

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

23. The Following User Says Thank You to V70 Graham For This Useful Post:

LeeT5 (Saturday 29th June 2013)

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    Always loved your car Lee. How did you get on with the sound deadening you bought off me?
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Looking good as always.
    The fog light grill are for the cars with auto boxes as you can get a transmission oil cooler that fit behind the N/S grill,but they were fitted to the R cars 2003> it looks like what grills the factory had at the time were fitted.
    I changed my grills to vented ones when I fitted the IPD vent kit. And my car is a auto.

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthre...2007-R-Ram-air
    What year is yours? Mine had vented grills, im certain my dads doesn't and his is MY05 the same as mine.
    Thanks
    Martyn

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by volvokid View Post
    What year is yours? Mine had vented grills, im certain my dads doesn't and his is MY05 the same as mine.
    2005 year ,like I said I think volvo fitted what they have in stock at the time. Was potluck what was fitted.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbly Dave View Post
    Always loved your car Lee. How did you get on with the sound deadening you bought off me?
    great thanks mate. I think I notice a difference, hard to tell really but obviously it does.Gotta do the doors now.

Thread Information