Join Today
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts
    [QUOTE=Gold 'N' Brown;620607]Has anyone got any experience or heard anything good or bad about Nankang NS2 Ultra Sports? I'm on a tight budget and need 4 tyres before the MOT. Obviously I'd love to follow the heard and put some Mr Sw@nky Pants all singing, all dancing, tyres on the car, but the reality it's just not really worth it in my circumstances. Most of my driving is done in town so I don't need something that offers the pinnacle of high speed cornering grip etc. Having said that, the only criteria is I want something that doesn't spin like a §§§§§§§ in low gears when the weather is wet (99% of the year in Edinburgh) like the current tyres do.

i run 4 of these on my s60. i cant fault them. i fit them to all my cars
    s60 2.4 t5 eibach springs,up rated rear anti roll bar, poly bushed wishbones, poly lower engine mount, fmic, bmc air filter, 3" decat, 2.5" stainless exhaust,hlm remap 328bhp,

2. The Following User Says Thank You to graemewelch For This Useful Post:

Gold 'N' Brown (Friday 28th June 2013)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Yes....... I did go for the XL Barums so hopefully they should stand up to the potholes a little more!

Will see how they perform and as said maybe go for 2 more or possibly the Avon ZZ5's and move the Barums to the back?

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scopetrekker View Post
    Yes....... I did go for the XL Barums so hopefully they should stand up to the potholes a little more!

Will see how they perform and as said maybe go for 2 more or possibly the Avon ZZ5's and move the Barums to the back?
    I can't speak for the 18" 35 profile jobbies but I went from Barum to Avon 225 x 45 x 17 and the difference was exceptional.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    x18's should be 40 profile. i fitted 225-40-18 on mine. found the 235 tram lined tomuch
    s60 2.4 t5 eibach springs,up rated rear anti roll bar, poly bushed wishbones, poly lower engine mount, fmic, bmc air filter, 3" decat, 2.5" stainless exhaust,hlm remap 328bhp,

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhorse View Post
    They will be fine. You will spin up ANY tyre in a high power Volvo in the wet.
    Agreed, but I'm not talking about driving like a hooligan. I was finding that even small amounts of throttle in 2nd gear, in town driving, in the wet, would have the traction control going mental. To the point that accelerating under those conditions was positively pedestrian. But I suspect the tracking may be out, and the current tyres are past their best, so I'm hoping for a marked improvement with new tyres - whatever they may be - and having the tracking adjusted if necessary.
    2001 V70 T5 (Manual) - The Turnip
    1999 9-5 Aero (Manual) - Sven

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    4 wheel alighnment is the way to go. mine only spins if pushed hard. but tc light will flash in 3rd if im heavy footed

Norfolk born and bred.
    Give me a high 6!!!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by graemewelch View Post
    4 wheel alighnment is the way to go.
    Got to get mine done. Have been in some monster potholes last winter and also had the wishbones off to do the bushes, so it will be a miracle if they all still point the same way!!

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    I fitted these....

Dunlop Sport Maxx RT. They are way better than Pirelli's and Conti's and cheaper too! I also got a £40 fuel voucher for Tesco fuel, so £40 of Momentum it was then.

The outside 25% of the tread is 20% stiffer to aid cornering and prevent shoulder wear.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

230K, aiming for 300k!

Thanks
    I've had the following on my V70 D5

Kumho Ecsta Lesport KU39's : Good value, Grippy, but a bit soft and wore quickly. Noisy once worn in a bit
    Dunlop SP Maxx TT: Good wet & dry grip, reasonably quiet, good wear rate
    Goodyear Eagle F1 ASM2: Has these on the front. They lasted surprisingly well and were really sharp to turn in. Quite noisy though.
    Currently on Firestone Firehawk SZ90u all round: Lasting well. Really noticed the difference coming from the Eagle's (nos such sharp turn in on roundabouts - had to lower my entry speeds on my daily commute ).

I used Blackcircles a lot, then I approached the Blackcircles nominated garage directly and they did the Firehawks for £90 per corner fitted.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Avon zv5 seems to be best tyres for the forum here
    I've sourced them locally for 70 quid each
    That's next on the hitlist

This user has no status

Thanks
    Just fitted Prestivo Sport Extra Load to my s60 D5 £64 each all in, had these on my VW Bora TDI and they have a warranty too .Peter

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    i've just bought 4 x 235/40/18 Sunew Sport tyres £226 delivered. Local ATS want £15 each to fit them

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Don't use ATS then lol

Look for a local place that does part - worns and get them to fit them. My local scrappy fits tyres for about a tenner for the lot.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    I fitted these....

Dunlop Sport Maxx RT. They are way better than Pirelli's and Conti's and cheaper too! I also got a £40 fuel voucher for Tesco fuel, so £40 of Momentum it was then.

The outside 25% of the tread is 20% stiffer to aid cornering and prevent shoulder wear.
    Lee how do you rate these tyres as i have had them fitted but seldom use the car?
    The only difference mine would have cost more going the tesco route.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Just as an aside for you guys, there is a website www.tyre-shopper.co.uk who use National Tyres as fitting centres, I have just saved over £100 on a pair of Dunlops for my works van!!!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ***Steve*** For This Useful Post:

silverhorse (Saturday 13th July 2013)

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
    Lee how do you rate these tyres as i have had them fitted but seldom use the car?
    The only difference mine would have cost more going the tesco route.
    So far, they are a very good tyre. Not noisy and grip well. Brilliant in the wet and so far they wear evenly and very well too!

They look sexy as hell too and are an absolute joy to apply Meguires Tyre gel to the side wall. Very easy to apply on the smooth, flat side wall.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    i've just bought 4 x 235/40/18 Sunew Sport tyres £226 delivered. Local ATS want £15 each to fit them
    the going rate is a fiver a corner

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ***Steve*** View Post
    Just as an aside for you guys, there is a website www.tyre-shopper.co.uk who use National Tyres as fitting centres, I have just saved over £100 on a pair of Dunlops for my works van!!!
    Don't get me wrong, but i wouldn't take my car to my local 'National Tyres' if you paid me! or any branch of National Tyres for that matter . Now my van, that's a different matter, especially when i'm not paying for the tyres they fit.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T5frankie View Post
    the going rate is a fiver a corner
    £10 Max (cash) at my local Tyre shop.

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    When I had my tyres fitted to my brand new rims,My local firm covered the locking lugs on the machine with a rubber tabs,and the fitter even lined up the logo on the tyre wall to the valves,Did cost me £5 each (cash sale) & 3 breakfast rolls,was more than happy.

Thread Information