Join Today
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by graemewelch View Post
    just the increase in bore makes a huge difference. ive ran the 3" down pipe with 100 cell cat and i noticed a difference as soon as i fitted it. youll gain moe bhp with a decat but then youve got the chalange of the ecu not liking it and having to change it come mot time.
    This is true - I look forward to trying mine out!

Quote Originally Posted by M-R-P View Post
    Glad you've finally got somewhere Ed, I was cringing when you were talking of "cutting your losses".

I'm surprised the problems weren't picked up on the scan though.
    It would've been a last resort but i'm glad it hasn't come to that
    Sorry, nothing Swedish here...

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    So, now she's running properly, give her a detail and let's have some pictures
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by M-R-P View Post
    So, now she's running properly, give her a detail and let's have some pictures
    Wot he said !

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeds_finest View Post
    I really hope the problems are over and IF it is driving as it was when I first bought it, I know it will put a smile on my face

As for downpipe, I don't really see the point changing unless you go for full flow. I have a 3 inch decat made by Graeme although not yet fitted.

Chad from GRN seems to think the ECU doesn't like a decat, which is a fair point.

I know lads with Focus ST's though and they run 3" Piper systems from turbo back with no cat what so ever and they never have faults. This is the Volvo derived 2.5 turbo.
    The engine may be similar but they use different engine management. Chances are, the decatted STs are remapped to cope with the mods.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

Banned
    Power of a Sports Car, Turning
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeds_finest View Post
    Graeme - just noticed you're running a decat now. How is this holding up with EML or limp mode? Any funny behaviour?

UPDATE:

GRN have finally fixed the car. It is believed to have been one of the boost sensors in the intake pipe between TB and IC. In addition, a brand new lambda sensor (pre-cat) was fitted which has now cured all problems.

SO, to summarise, it would seem that the car had three problems all along: boost, lambda and throttle I don't think any one of us would have anticipated this much going wrong all at once.

Thank you to everyone who has had an input into this thread, I hope we all remember this for future reference when somebody elses car shows same symptoms.

Many thanks

Ed
    Hurray! Did I not say a boost sensor problem earlier in the thread..?

Thread Information