OK here we go, my 1997 S70 CD auto in black stone, named the Black Shark after the Kamov KA-50 helicopters of the same name. Maybe this thread should be in the Projects section...if I manage to do anything interesting with it that is...

Kamov KA-50:

Volvo S70 with 019 paint code:

Tee hee I have humorously mixed the photos up, don't know if anyone spotted that. I passed the factory where they make them in Arsenyev, Russia, and they reminded me of the S70 with high back end and sloping nose. Plus the colour of course.

Jobs to do prior to trying to make it any faster:

*Airbox is loose as one of the rubber mountings is broken.
*Front two tyres are awful, possibly losing air due to corroded rims - making the steering heavy.
*Puffs of steam/smoke from dipstick - clean/replace the PCV unit.
*Passenger side window is a little lazy to close.
*Drivers side switch bank in poor condition. Whoever owned it last must have used something on their hands that didn't agree with the rubber on the switches. She was a doctor and had the car since 2001! "How is your prostate sir?" [note to self: stop biting your nails]
*Brake discs may be very slightly warped as there is a bit of vibration with heavy use. They are very effective though so won't be rushing to do that one.
*Alloys are in poor condition as mentioned above.
*Rear bumper has a crack in it.
*All serviced including new cam belt but auto fluid needs changing.

It's very nice to drive - the suspension is softer than say a V70R I think but that makes it a bit more useable on our lovely smooth roads, with less fear of bouncing through a pothole and over a hedge. Plenty of grip without being rock hard. It has the B5234T3 engine without fly-by-wire throttle woo hoo so allows you some control over throttle opening. As opposed to the computer deciding that you really want almost ALL of the power long before your foot is to the floor.

As I do stuff I will post it up....not all of that rubbish above, just the stuff

Cheers