Join Today

Thread: Holy moley

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts

Holy moley

As some of you will know I didn't run the car at the weekend due to a boost problem with the boost bouncing at any thing over 3/4 into the white on the dash gauge I didn't want to do any thing else as my boost gauge hasn't turned up, enough was enough last night when the supplier said it would be the beginning of july now so I decided to replace the new kangwa actuator for my original one I was going to purchase a forge one but they didn't have any instock so went for one of them so I took it a quick run and the boost issue had gone so pretty much the new actuator was crap a good way to waste £70 but never mind I then went and re fitted the blitz spec r ebc and took it for a run and god first run I hit 1.5 bar in 3rd the car went crazy spinning both wheels in 3rd I was very surprised at how well it pick up certainly shocked me and that's about it for now I need to adjust things to lower the boost and get the settings back correct on the spec r then off to get a custom map happy days.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to t5 pete For This Useful Post:

Jamest5r (Tuesday 28th May 2013)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t5 pete View Post
    As some of you will know I didn't run the car at the weekend due to a boost problem with the boost bouncing at any thing over 3/4 into the white on the dash gauge I didn't want to do any thing else as my boost gauge hasn't turned up, enough was enough last night when the supplier said it would be the beginning of july now so I decided to replace the new kangwa actuator for my original one I was going to purchase a forge one but they didn't have any instock so went for one of them so I took it a quick run and the boost issue had gone so pretty much the new actuator was crap a good way to waste £70 but never mind I then went and re fitted the blitz spec r ebc and took it for a run and god first run I hit 1.5 bar in 3rd the car went crazy spinning both wheels in 3rd I was very surprised at how well it pick up certainly shocked me and that's about it for now I need to adjust things to lower the boost and get the settings back correct on the spec r then off to get a custom map happy days.
    Nice one sir now get the custom map done and try and make the pod or Avon if you can .

VPCUK Car of the Year 2013
    Jim
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,282 Times in 3,549 Posts

The what?? lol never knew you had that might of given us a clue

T35, 556Nm/410lbft & 361BHP/317WHP

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,665 Times in 1,419 Posts
    Does ebc work as an mbc or is it a progressive boos?Would b tempted to have one on my auto.

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsford G View Post
    Does ebc work as an mbc or is it a progressive boos?Would b tempted to have one on my auto.
    the ebc's are fantastic the blitz one has 4 different settings before I did the rod my settings were 1=below stock 2=stock 9psi 3=16psi 4=20psi
    I wouldn't recommend running one over 15/16psi they can be pretty aggressive I bent my rod with myne hitting full boost at 2.5k

7. The Following User Says Thank You to t5 pete For This Useful Post:

Kingsford G (Tuesday 28th May 2013)

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamest5r View Post
    The what?? lol never knew you had that might of given us a clue
    Tell me about it last time I buy cheep crap im gunner get the -31 what you and dean have

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smithy View Post
    Nice one sir now get the custom map done and try and make the pod or Avon if you can .
    Cheers bud will deff be going this year need to crack the 15sec 1/4 mile

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    I am looking at getting one just so I can be more progressive with the boost.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbly Dave View Post
    I am looking at getting one just so I can be more progressive with the boost.
    I wouldn't know which one to recommend Dave I certainly wouldn't say the bliz one is progressive its just a case of learning when to floor it with out a doubt if I was to floor the car in 5th at say 40 it would be doing its best to hit full boost

VPCUK Car of the Year 2013
    Jim
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,282 Times in 3,549 Posts
    ebc's are very clever bits of kit, i tried a greedy one but had no idea what i was doing and it was far easier to set my car up with the mbc at the time, however ive progressed somewhat since then and think a good bit of studying how the % gains work might well work in my favor, its all very well having 500+ nm but when its hits your front wheels there aint a lot you can do about it.

T35, 556Nm/410lbft & 361BHP/317WHP

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Can't think straight - which one of the blitz to get. I started looking at the early one, but then I saw the one with the digital display - & now the one with a color display and more features than I'd know what to do with?
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    The model I have do two types the spec s which only goes up to about 20psi and the spec r which I have with a dual sbc and does up to 35 psi they are not cheep but once you master them well worth it

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    The model I have do two types the spec s which only goes up to about 20psi and the spec r which I have with a dual sbc and does up to 35 psi they are not cheep but once you master them well worth it
    After a quick nip on the bay I may have the spec s and r the wrong way round either way the one witht he dual sbc is the one to go for

OH DEAR
    Thanks

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    I was looking at this because I can integrate additional sensors such as wideband AFR
    Last edited by Wobbly Dave; Wednesday 29th May 2013 at 10:59. Reason: spelling
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    That looks very nice and compact

NOS
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,341 Posts
    well done pete think the blitz is the way forward seems to work for me

"WOODY T5 fastest volvo 850 since 2011/12/13/14 @ avon and york 13.3 112mph
    854 t5 19t gripper mte bc loads more 311.6 whp 373 foot pound 342 @ clucth
    toy cbr954