Thanks

Angry Hands free kit / iPod in c70?

Hi

I have a 2008 C70 and I want to be able to:

Take/make hands free calls
    Charge my iPod
    Control my iPod
    Charge my USB phone
    Ideally have iPod tracks show up on my stereo display and controllable via steering wheel

I took it to a local ICE shop who said it was impossible to get all of that, and recommended a Parrot mki9200. Then they backed out saying it was too hard to fit it because the electronics are too complex.

Thoughts? Is it all possible? What's the best way?

Thanks!

This user has no status

Thanks
    if you are changing your headunit look at pioneer I just got a x5500bt with the optional remote for 150

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    Fitting an A/M headunit into the floating dash will be a real headache. There is already an auxilary port for a 3.5mm jack in the arm rest - but controling the IPOD & charging it will be difficult.

Splitting these issues into 2 - phone control & Ipod is pretty much the only way I can see it working. Check the C30 sites and talk audio for tips.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

Astra Van Owner
    Just shut up and drive!
    Thanks
    Splitting these issues into 2 - phone control & Ipod is pretty much the only way I can see it working. Check the C30 sites and talk audio for tips.
    I'm no expert but haven't found an all in one solution for this despite looking.

Look at Grom with Bluetooth dongle for iPod - you may be limited to Bluetooth OR additional USB charger and aux input though. Don't know about track name display on the HU for your model though. This is what I use. Only bought it because the IMIV was out of production. Looks like I bought it about 3 months too soon.
    Grom
    IMIV have just reintroduced their classic which does a lot of what you are after
    iMIV
    I have a Supertooth for hands free phone but you can probably do it much more discretely.

2011 Mercedes E63 AMG

Previous:
    2001 BMW E39 M5, LeMans Blue, grey/black two tone leather ** 2014 XC60 D4 Bright Silver, Black leather, walnut ** 1999 C70 T5 ** 2003 V70R Flash Green/Nordkap - now my dad's "big green Astra Van" ** 1990 Lotus Elan M100 Se Turbo, Calypso Red ** 2001 S60 2.0T Silver ** 1986 Porsche 944 2.5 Lux ** 1982 Porsche 944 2.5 Lux ** Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 ** Vauxhall Nova - 993cc monster

CDO Sufferer
    Thanks
    Volvo offer a solution but it's around £450 and includes a parrot kit - HF1000 motorola (plus wiring to mute audio etc).

As the 2008+ has fibre optic connections its difficult to find an alternative solution. The GROM MST3 / or Denson kit is suppose to only fit up to 2007 and without premium audio so I dunno if this will work.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jimka For This Useful Post:

Squirtydog (Thursday 30th May 2013)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jimka View Post
    Volvo offer a solution but it's around £450 and includes a parrot kit - HF1000 motorola (plus wiring to mute audio etc).

As the 2008+ has fibre optic connections its difficult to find an alternative solution. The GROM MST3 / or Denson kit is suppose to only fit up to 2007 and without premium audio so I dunno if this will work.
    Was quoted the same by Volvo for my S60

Thread Information