Join Today
    Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,497 Posts

Question Polybush or Meyle HD Wishbones

Looking at replacing my wishbones in the next few weeks and I'm not sure whether to go with Polybushed OE wishbones or opt for the Meyle HD replacements.

TBH I don't want to deal with any excess road noise and feel every imperfection in the cr@ppy roads around these parts, is there any significant difference in noise and ride when poly wishbones are fitted? The Meyle HD's come with a 4 year warranty and I believe the rubber bushes used are solid but obviously being rubber still offer that little 'give'.

Handling isn't paramount as I'm having Eibachs fitted at the same time which should tick those boxes.

I know lots have the Poly bushes fitted - has anyone experience in the Meyle HD's ?

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    The extra noise isn't really noticeable mate but the extra feel through the wheel is. The polys will compliment the Eibachs too giving you an all-round better drive.

UR strut braces, subframe insetrs, Eibachs.... to say "handling isn't paramount" seems like a bit of moo moo poo lol.

Get 'em pollied mate
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by M-R-P View Post
    The extra noise isn't really noticeable mate but the extra feel through the wheel is. The polys will compliment the Eibachs too giving you an all-round better drive.

UR strut braces, subframe insetrs, Eibachs.... to say "handling isn't paramount" seems like a bit of moo moo poo lol.

Get 'em pollied mate
    lol.....I just don't want to be reminded constantly by harshness that polys are fitted as I drive like Miss Daisy through the Village - all the other bits are there for the occasional twistys but don't effect comfort (2nd thoughts about Eibachs )

Thanks
    Get it done lol. For all the times you cringe hitting potholes, you'll be smiling a lot more when you can out-corner an aircraft carrier

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

This user has no status
    Thanks
    lowered and polybushed is going to feel harsh anyway might as well have some noise too!
    Tony.

cut n blow dry,perms,and tinting prices on request!

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenevans99 View Post
    Looking at replacing my wishbones in the next few weeks and I'm not sure whether to go with Polybushed OE wishbones or opt for the Meyle HD replacements.

TBH I don't want to deal with any excess road noise and feel every imperfection in the cr@ppy roads around these parts, is there any significant difference in noise and ride when poly wishbones are fitted? The Meyle HD's come with a 4 year warranty and I believe the rubber bushes used are solid but obviously being rubber still offer that little 'give'.

Handling isn't paramount as I'm having Eibachs fitted at the same time which should tick those boxes.

I know lots have the Poly bushes fitted - has anyone experience in the Meyle HD's ?
    I have heard of people saying they have had problems with the rubber bushes failing within the 2 year warranty on the H.D range.
    And the warranty is only valid if fitted by a vat register workshop don't know if that's true or not.
    Last edited by Harvey; Friday 24th May 2013 at 11:09.

Trader
    Ready for the weekend
    Thanks
    No, that is not true- the warranty is valid if you fitted them yourself.
    especially if you purchased the complete wishbone assembly with bushes already in, they cannot be damaged during installation.

It's only on the seperate bushes, where the possibility of splitting if incorrectly installed and if they have gone very soon after installation that i would think to query .

The warranty on consequential labour to replace a failed part under warranty can only be claimed if accompanied by an official garage invoice, and every claim that goes through this route is inspected in Germany to determine to reason for failure before being paid out. - quite understandably they wouldn't pay out on labour for an unoffocial handwritten invoice.

We are very happy with the quality of meyle HD parts

8. The Following User Says Thank You to partsforvolvos.com For This Useful Post:

stephenevans99 (Friday 24th May 2013)

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    To be honest - I'm steering towards the Meyle HD wishbones - along with Meyle HD Bottom Ball Joints with Meyle Dampers + Eibachs - will I get a T-Shirt Jamie ???? lol

I fitted the HD drop links not so long back and the quality was spot on - I've no doubt that the HD wishbones will be spot on too.

Luckily I'm also VAT Registered - as a Garage
    Last edited by stephenevans99; Friday 24th May 2013 at 13:38.

Banned
    Power of a Sports Car, Turning
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks

High definition (HD) Wishbones? That's a new one one me......

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    You PLONKER

12. The Following User Says Thank You to stephenevans99 For This Useful Post:

JamesT5 (Friday 24th May 2013)

Banned
    Power of a Sports Car, Turning
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    You PLONKER
    Sorry, that was one of my Heavy Duty jokes mate....

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JamesT5 For This Useful Post:

stephenevans99 (Wednesday 21st August 2013)

Trader
    Ready for the weekend
    Thanks
    I can sort some sweets, but not stretch to a t-shirt , lol

on the whole i'm impressed with the HD products myself.

you only have to put the links next to genuine ones to see the difference.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Anybody tried the meyle products ?

Norfolk born and bred.
    Give me a high 6!!!
    Thanks
    I had your exact concern a few months ago. Will the poly's be too harsh? Well, I fitted the purple ploy's and am pleased with the results. Hardly any extra noise, ever so slight more tramlining (I got 18 Nebs like you) but more feel. I have also done HD droplinks front and rear, and all in all, I am happy.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to silverhorse For This Useful Post:

stephenevans99 (Wednesday 21st August 2013)

Thanks
    I have the HD droplinks and I'm about to fit HD front wishbone rear bushes when I get chance. Purple poly front bushes were probably the first proper mod I did on my car and still one of my best. For the cost of the bushes, it should be everybody's first mod for a P2 imo.

Ball-ache tho lol

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

Kawasaki T5. Built by a Swede,
    Driven by a turnip!
    Thanks
    tbh i dont know why youd even think about a generic bush there .
    poly it . it doesnt make the car any harsh imo just more precise. im rolling with 18s too...

Thread Information