Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Our New Addition

Not a V series, but very close! After a wasted trip to London to see a rat trying to sell us an XC70 with a gushing oil leak (pretty sure it's the rear oil seal), we finally found this at a dealer in Peterborough. We are chuffed to bits and can wait to collect her Friday!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  944.4 KB
Size:  1.04 MB
Size:  1.02 MB
Size:  789.3 KB

The XC70 that the little rat that's selling on fleabay is this : 200921518495.

I've reported it to fleabay in a vein attempt to save some poor sod buying it!
    Owned since 2002. '96 Green 855-R, Manual M56H conversion by Russ @ RT Mech, 82mm rebore, THS Rods, Wiseco Piston kit, Decked Block, Machine work was completed by: www.mandjltd.co.uk, Refurbed head inc skim & 8 new valves, ME7 Ex Manifold, RICA304, Forge Blanking plate, 302mm set-up, PowerFlex Top & Bottom, Front Strut Brace, Miltek Cat-Back, R.I.P, IPD Cone Filter.

Latest update: 10000 miles as at 19/05/13.

To do: Lots (but don't tell Mrs Woody!)

Banned
    Power of a Sports Car, Turning
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    Looks great although I hate the way that Dealers seem to have this addiction to interior dashboard and plastic silicone spray (look at the steering wheel).
    Last edited by JamesT5; Monday 20th May 2013 at 21:04.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Must admit, it was a rather slippery test drive! hehehe
    Owned since 2002. '96 Green 855-R, Manual M56H conversion by Russ @ RT Mech, 82mm rebore, THS Rods, Wiseco Piston kit, Decked Block, Machine work was completed by: www.mandjltd.co.uk, Refurbed head inc skim & 8 new valves, ME7 Ex Manifold, RICA304, Forge Blanking plate, 302mm set-up, PowerFlex Top & Bottom, Front Strut Brace, Miltek Cat-Back, R.I.P, IPD Cone Filter.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Looks good man!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to T5RPete For This Useful Post:

woody (Monday 20th May 2013)

Banned
    Power of a Sports Car, Turning
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    Must admit, it was a rather slippery test drive! hehehe
    They use it to cover up dirt rather than actually clean the dirt away. How do I know this? Because I used to valet cars for a living before I realised how little I was earning. I actually cleaned the cars properly but so many just siliconed the things to death and what annoys me even more, is when they manage to spray it on the inside of the windows and on the exterior trim where it then runs down the paintwork as soon as it starts to rain. Cowboys.

Really, the first thing I'd be doing when I got that car is giving it a damn good clean and a scrub to get rid of the silicone shine before it burns your eyes out in the sun.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JamesT5 For This Useful Post:

woody (Monday 20th May 2013)

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    Looks a nice straight car though, glad you didn't fall for the rat's tricks.

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Result!

Hello David,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about the said members Volvo car listing (item no. 200921518495). My name is Vincent and I will be pleased to assist you in this matter.

Firstly, I appreciate you taking the time to report this to us. It is due to dedicated members as yourself that we are able to keep eBay a safe and fun place to shop.

Please be assured that we take reports of members who break our rules very seriously, I have reviewed the reported listing and taken appropriate action on this listing. In future, to help us investigate more quickly, you can use the 'Report this item' link at the right-hand side of the item page.

David, I'd like to thank you for being a valued eBay community member and also for bringing this to our notice. Your existence with eBay community is really valuable to us and it's truly a pleasure to have members like you in our community.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention and for helping us to keep eBay a safe place to buy and sell.

Kind regards,
    Vincent Jones

eBay Trust & Safety

Thread Information