Join Today
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bomb192uk View Post
    Yeah, I bought the wrong one, should have bought the MPX4250GP which is the gauge pressure version which references against the local atmosphere. How much does the prosport one cost?
    The prosport one is about £20 I think, rspec can get it. I already had a prosport gauge, hence why I used it but I soon realised all of the benefits, atmospheric, self contained and can take car voltage!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dream3r For This Useful Post:

Dangerous Dave (Tuesday 25th June 2013)

This user has no status

Thanks
    If you get it I can share the calcs for boost, It's just one line change in your code.

New Identity
    Back in an AWD....Oh the grip!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 2,051 Posts
    Thought I'd update this a bit.

I now have bought a 2.4 inch colour lcd screen so can do nicer graphics, got it off ebay for a tenner.

Also bought a new pressure sensor that will do more than ~22psi (limit of the old one). Should be good for up to 100psi Got it from Farnell for £13.

Pics and video coming soon.

This will allow a nicer display with more space to show stuff. Thinking of putting it into a modified pillar pod as it's old position in front of the dash clocks got a little in the way of the info display on the dash and it wasn't fixed in so slid about a bit.
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.
    2004 Sapphire Black S60 D5 - The new daily hack.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dangerous Dave For This Useful Post:

Biff (Thursday 12th November 2015),claymore (Thursday 12th November 2015),kmb (Thursday 12th November 2015)

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    I'm very interested in this
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

7. The Following User Says Thank You to claymore For This Useful Post:

Dangerous Dave (Thursday 12th November 2015)

New Identity
    Thanks
    The good thing about it is that anything can be programmed in (within reason). I was toying with the idea of having different pages showing different sensor outputs and a rolling graph of AFR and boost all switched by a push button on the dash (or more elaborately a mini joystick/rotary encoder and a menu with options for showing different units and colours, though that is a lot more coding) the options are endless.

Would be quite simple to program it to show boost from both engines on the same screen, for example.
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    I'd love to get into this, I may buy a basic kit and have a play.
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

10. The Following User Says Thank You to claymore For This Useful Post:

Dangerous Dave (Thursday 12th November 2015)

New Identity
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    I'd love to get into this, I may buy a basic kit and have a play.
    There's plenty of places on ebay that do the kits for very little money and also copied devices which use the same chip but are cheaper. I've got the UNO model which is good but (which I've found lately) doesn't have that much memory to store graphic heavy libraries and code.

Depends on how deep you want to get into it

This user has no status

Thanks
    Easy peasy if you know ANSi C and electronics.

Open offer to write something and open source it from me.

New Identity
    Thanks
    Been playing again.

Just another testing stage, have found some code by someone which does a circular display. Have added to that a push button to cycle through different colour styles.

Min to Max test solid bar:

Cycling through colour styles (solid bar type). Colour reproduction on the video is naff (bloody phone) so it looks better than in the vid, there's Red, Green, Blue, Blue to Red, Green to Red and Red to Green.

Now the same colour cycle but with a segmented bar:

Getting there, next stage is to add the option to select multiple gauges to show boost and afr and some peak figures. Also to improve the refresh rate if possible as I'm sure it can go faster.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dangerous Dave For This Useful Post:

claymore (Monday 14th December 2015),Santa (Monday 14th December 2015)

New Identity
    Thanks
    Right, so instead of doing things I should be doing, I've been messing with this project instead

I've decided to ditch the gauges for now, the arduino I have is not quick enough to make the gauges work to the speed I would like.

I've been running the Volvospeed modified ecu binary on the green thing and wanted a display to show various values like fuel trim, air flow, etc. I can connect to the ecu with my laptop and display the values but that requires messing about setting it up and having the battery charged.

So I started rewriting the arduino script to pick up the data stream, convert the values and display them on the screen. I ordered a chip which interfaces the arduino to the obd k-line on the car (small ic which isolates the 12v car voltage from the arduino and provides some protection). Added that to the protoboard in my current project box and wired it up, simples.

Tested it out tonight (just stuck the wires into the obd socket, I'll get a proper plug for it ordered).

Plans now are to sort out the text padding issues (remains of digits left when the number reduces) and to add some colour changes when values reach a limit. Possibly add a switchable screen to display just boost or fuel trims/afr, etc.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dangerous Dave For This Useful Post:

claymore (Monday 18th July 2016),MoleT-5R (Tuesday 19th July 2016)

New Identity
    Thanks
    Next stage of the display.

Have sorted out the text padding and added some colour changes to the multiple data display (green to yellow and then to red, or blue to green and to red for engine temp.).

Then decided to add a switch and have some other displays. The switch cycles through to maximum values for selected items, then to a meter type display, then to a boost bar with current and peak values. At this point the Arduino Uno I have is running out of space and processing power (especially with the meter display, very slow refresh) so I have bought a more powerful board to try.

Anyway, video of the current stage of build...

Last edited by Dangerous Dave; Sunday 31st July 2016 at 01:16.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dangerous Dave For This Useful Post:

claymore (Sunday 31st July 2016),Jamest5r (Sunday 31st July 2016),M-R-P (Sunday 31st July 2016)

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    I was wondering what happened to this lol.

More power Mr. Scott! Give it a DX2 processor and 16 megs of ram and you might be able to play dungeon keeper on it too
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

New Identity
    Thanks
    Ah those were the days, an 80mb hdd was enough to run all my games and windows 3.1

Yup, needs more power. Going to up it to 160mhz! (From 16mhz)

New Identity
    Thanks
    Been a while since I updated this thread. Claymore's interest has prompted me to further the project.

So since the last post I got the faster board. The new board is the Wemos D1R2 which has the ESP8266 module on it which runs at 160Mhz and has more memory (I was on the limit of the old board) I used the Wemos board as it plugged directly into what was already built.

I also ordered an OBD plug to make it easier connecting to the car as I was just pushing the wires into the socket. So now it is powered by the obd socket and sends the data streaming init code when first plugged in. Also looks much neater.

For some reason it isn't outputting the TCV duty cycle so I need to look into that. The lcd module has an sd card built into it so I'm looking at logging all the stream data to a card which can then be later used for tuning/diagnosing problems.

Sorry the video is shaky, my phone mount isn't the best.

I'm also at the limit of the injectors by the looks of it

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Dangerous Dave For This Useful Post:

claymore (Sunday 2nd April 2017)

Thread Information