Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by M-R-P View Post
    Hmmm... 15"? you compensating for something there Frankie? lol

If there's room under the load cover to turn it round then that'll be better, pointing it up could risk getting stuff dropped on it and that's a big cone to splatter with shopping
    yeah probably, but with 6 kids maybe not lol, and my car has never been to the shops lol or even in a car park for that matter lol, and i dont have a load cover either

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T5frankie View Post
    yeah probably, but with 6 kids maybe not lol, and my car has never been to the shops lol or even in a car park for that matter lol, and i dont have a load cover either
    Even better
    Try both positions mate, see what sounds best. Personally, I'd prefer the cone facing the seat for the sake of protection.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by M-R-P View Post
    Even better
    Try both positions mate, see what sounds best. Personally, I'd prefer the cone facing the seat for the sake of protection.
    ill do that its only held down by 2 bungees lol

4. The Following User Says Thank You to T5frankie For This Useful Post:

M-R-P (Thursday 9th May 2013)

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    I installed neon strips inside mine...

Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Real box for an 850 anyone? i got this lying around....

You can still open the hatch

This was my old box, i did have 6x9s in boxes that fitted perfect on the top in the end...

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5678&dateline=1287350  651

Thanks
    Nice to see this thread revived, I remember the build thread for that box - how come it didn't get finished and fitted?

I've just ordered a load of stuff to upgrade the ICE in the Sta.... Oh, nevermind.

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I was really keen on it the sound should be mental.... And to actually fit 8x 12s in a Volvo in one box... Quite an achievement I think

I ended up getting the C and actually ended up cancelling an order for the speakers.
    I found if u order 8 u can sget massive diiscount. I was looking at 240 quid for all 8
    Usually nearlly 400 quid.

I really would love to see this done.... Can anyone take the challenge though?

I'm putting 2 12s in the C (in back seat panel... Will update with some pics later...
    Also won 4x 8" jl audio subs on eBay for just 40 quid... Perfect to replace the 4 paper dynaudio drivers

Going to be noisy :-D
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5678&dateline=1287350  651

Thanks
    I kept the standard Volvo door speakers in my V70 but added a pair of Cambridge Audioworks units to the D (tailgate) pillars, a Dynaudio to the center dash grille and an infinity 10" (punchy little beast) with a custom slanted box that fits behind the rear seat, powered by a 1000W bridged Kenwood amp. the sound has beed described as "Enveloping" and is pretty much the same wherever you are in the car. Not super loud but perfect in all frequencies

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

This user has no status
    Thanks
    With the 2x 12s i had in there... as it was a proper box and being powered by a DLS amp at 1 Ohm .... the bass was immense.
    The flex in the panels and the movement in the windscreen had to be seen to be believed.
    The box had 2 seperate chambers, a smaller sealed for the pioneer and a larger ported for the diamond (as its an spl woofer)
    The best of both worlds gave a real good tight hi bass and the ported giving proper lows, certain bass notes would blur vision and when breathing in through the nose would close nostrils haha. Hens i want to see and hear 8

The c70 of mine had the upgraded system... but the front left seems to be completely blown (no sound from all 3 speakers, but got signal from the wires)
    Im going to replace the 4 standard 8" with the 4x jl units i now have and keep them on the standard amp for now, upgrade the mids and tweeters.
    Im currently fitting the 12"s in the back i shall put some pics up later...
    I love passive mounted subs as the depth of the bass is unreal and almost seems to be out of hearing range at the low end of the scale. You can only feel it (or see it)
    I had 3 12" c4 cw1270s in the parcel shelf of my old merc 320E, i chopped a large square hole and used 4 18mm peices of osb and bolted them together 2 sheets either side of the shell.... The hole car would look like a blur from outside once is was running, This was the loudest car ive had (i later sold 1 of the subs and when fitted it won a local sound off or two...) this is also what im doing with the C but with 2 smaller ones where the 8" holes are in the seats (had to get the grinder out of course)
    1 fitted as a mock up so far and sounds great.
    Last edited by Brett855tdi; Wednesday 5th June 2013 at 12:54.

Thanks
    Cool - updates as and when

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

Meh.....
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,118 Posts
    When James says the standard amp is redundant I'm guessing each speaker has been wired independently?
    I've bought an auto leads 8 pin adapter which converts the standard plug to 4 rca's & then plugs in my alpine. Tbh I'm not in that much of a rush to put my sub in (10" vibe sub in vibe box, mac audio 300w amp & a power cap) as it sounds alright. Obviously the deep stuff gets a bit lost but the mid is sounding well.
    I've been told that my car will have an alpine amp & speakers as a Volvo option? Any truth in this? Lol
    Also, that sub box is hoooge! Lol, bet that rumbled.
    missing being Swedish

Previously:
    03 S40 Sport Lux 1.9d SOLD
    1998 MTE Stage 2 V70 T5 Manual SOLD
    1998 V70R AWD Manual BROKEN

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    We have the Premium Sound System in both the R and the C70, nothing else needed.

Meh.....
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    We have the Premium Sound System in both the R and the C70, nothing else needed.
    I think when I get bored of it I'll chuck it all in, I reckon it won't take much bass behind it to make it sound awesome. The phasing between the speakers is like being in a decent club! My only problem is I can't fade front to rear as my alpine only has 2 pre outs & 2 sub outs so think a new head unit will be invested in once I've ticked off brakes, ind kit, wheels, paint, interior.... Lol
    missing being Swedish

Previously:

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    Yes Soooos mine... its as premium as unleaded lol

As Biff says "the mids are good"

Quote Originally Posted by Biff View Post
    When James says the standard amp is redundant I'm guessing each speaker has been wired independently?
    I've bought an auto leads 8 pin adapter which converts the standard plug to 4 rca's & then plugs in my alpine. Tbh I'm not in that much of a rush to put my sub in (10" vibe sub in vibe box, mac audio 300w amp & a power cap) as it sounds alright. Obviously the deep stuff gets a bit lost but the mid is sounding well.
    I've been told that my car will have an alpine amp & speakers as a Volvo option? Any truth in this? Lol
    Also, that sub box is hoooge! Lol, bet that rumbled.
    Yes they did do 2 systems with alpine amps if im right it was a 4x80w in the v/s and a 4x100 in the c.... i think it was cuz the c has two 8" subs in the doors. i know the one in my c is a 4x100.
    Hooked up to a proper head unit with some decent voltage pre-outs (as you say with the rca adapter) its an awesome piece of kit!

However i have a change of plan with mine, i today recieved another ebay bargain T1-1600 4x400w brand new so thats gunna run the 4 jl mini woofers and components.
    Ive sold my little KTM today so im thinking of 2 12" Rockford fosgate p2d2s
    (maybe some matching jls but i think i have a slight Mecha crush on the P2D2s)
    and another pair of t1 amps to run them.... also going to remove rear seats for an install... with a mini bride racing bucket seat in the middle for my little one lol. the rest is a secret
    I shall boot the project thread up tomorrow
    Last edited by Brett855tdi; Thursday 6th June 2013 at 00:09.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brett855tdi For This Useful Post:

Biff (Thursday 6th June 2013),M-R-P (Wednesday 5th June 2013)

Meh.....
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=Brett855tdi;613994]Yes Soooos mine... its as premium as unleaded lol

As Biff says "the mids are good"
    I thought so, although my v70 has speakers in the d pillars, rear doors, front doors & dash all running off this amp. Maybe mines bigger than 4x?? as I have no speakers powered by my head unit. It's got 4v pre outs so that'll be why it's sounds a lot fresher. Didn't think of that. Lol
    I used to have to Rockford 12's back in the day, my back window used to leak in the rain in my old nova bless it. Lol
    missing being Swedish

Previously:

Thanks
    The 4 channels are run split and run the D pillars from the feed to the rear doors. The center runs directly from the head unit.

When I did my ex-plod, all the wires were there and for some reason I haven't fathomed yet, they were all live and working, even the center dash speaker. Stuck a dynaudio in there and off it went. I'm not even using a Volvo head unit.

Weird.

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

This user has no status
    Thanks
    This is weird... Mine just had the amp wires not high level inputs into the loom.... So when I changed to a sc801 I nipped a plug from an 850 from the scrappy and ran bridged fronts for the centre straight from the hu and the rest as the amp had it....
    I think the sv split with crossovers like the C but the speakers are mounted else where. And also the amps smaller as so are the speakers.
    And I also now run 4v from a Sony unit... Makes a huge difference

I'm thinking some sound proofing is needed, I'm trying to stay well away from the stuff that comes in the measurements of Kg

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I'm selling my 4x100w amp if u fancy a plug in boost

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Brett855tdi For This Useful Post:

M-R-P (Thursday 6th June 2013)

Thanks
    V70 is perfect as it is, if I start adding more to it I'll only end up screwing something up lol.

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I used to have to Rockford 12's back in the day, my back window used to leak in the rain in my old nova bless it. Lol
    Oh dear sounds like a you were close to a having Novadose

Thread Information