Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,497 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by M-R-P View Post
    I recon the dyno just can't understand the slushmatic - and the slushmatic is only happy when it's on a road.
    I still think it's the slushmatic/dyno combination that's the problem mate.
    Cheers Mr P,

Amongst the other prints they gave me was this one which I noticed the run started at 42mph and ended at 120 mph in 4th.....there was a gear change in there !?!? Which doesn't sound right - I thought a run needs to be done in one gear.

Clueless about Cars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 747 Posts
    It's always a Bad day when you don't get the results you expected Steve, the only thing i could suggest it take it to another Dyno center and see what it does there... I feel for you mate.

You still have a Great looking car to be Proud of and your exhaust sounds Sweet !

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iancho For This Useful Post:

stephenevans99 (Friday 26th April 2013)

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Cheers Ian...as you say -I reckon another dyno session somewhere else may be in order for the future.

I should stop looking at S60R's on the fleabay now......lmao

5. The Following User Says Thank You to stephenevans99 For This Useful Post:

iancho (Friday 26th April 2013)

Clueless about Cars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 747 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenevans99 View Post
    Cheers Ian...as you say -I reckon another dyno session somewhere else may be in order for the future.

I should stop looking at S60R's on the fleabay now......lmao
    LOL... Don't click on "Buy it now" your car is Stunning, a S60R would give you even Bigger Headache's and Fuel Bill. But i know what you mean lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to iancho For This Useful Post:

Astra Van Owner
    Just shut up and drive!
    Thanks
    Dyno runs are always disappointing in my experience. What counts is how the car feels to you. I once had a 944 engine fully stripped, rebored oversize, skimmed skimmed head, super chip, induction etc. £1000s. Guy at the dyno asked me what I expected it to be putting out... big smile on his face. 'Only about 170 I said waiting for more... found it was exactly the factory 150bhp it should have started with. .

Your exhaust sounds really sweet though. And at least people get to listen to it plenty when you aren't pulling away from them.

2011 Mercedes E63 AMG

Previous:
    2001 BMW E39 M5, LeMans Blue, grey/black two tone leather ** 2014 XC60 D4 Bright Silver, Black leather, walnut ** 1999 C70 T5 ** 2003 V70R Flash Green/Nordkap - now my dad's "big green Astra Van" ** 1990 Lotus Elan M100 Se Turbo, Calypso Red ** 2001 S60 2.0T Silver ** 1986 Porsche 944 2.5 Lux ** 1982 Porsche 944 2.5 Lux ** Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 ** Vauxhall Nova - 993cc monster

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Squirtydog For This Useful Post:

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts
    figures dont mean a thing. i was disapointed when i put mine on the rollers after the remap. it made good power but thought id get more with the mods i had.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to graemewelch For This Useful Post:

Astra Van Owner
    Just shut up and drive!
    Thanks
    I'm planning a remap on mine. Going nowhere near a dyno before or after. If it pulls better then it is better. Experience has told me that the figures will only disappoint.

2011 Mercedes E63 AMG

Previous:
    2001 BMW E39 M5, LeMans Blue, grey/black two tone leather ** 2014 XC60 D4 Bright Silver, Black leather, walnut ** 1999 C70 T5 ** 2003 V70R Flash Green/Nordkap - now my dad's "big green Astra Van" ** 1990 Lotus Elan M100 Se Turbo, Calypso Red ** 2001 S60 2.0T Silver ** 1986 Porsche 944 2.5 Lux ** 1982 Porsche 944 2.5 Lux ** Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 ** Vauxhall Nova - 993cc monster

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirtydog View Post
    I'm planning a remap on mine. Going nowhere near a dyno before or after. If it pulls better then it is better. Experience has told me that the figures will only disappoint.
    A dyno can be very good for spotting issues with the car though i.e flat spots, spikes, inconsistant boost, afr's, etc. They don't have to be used just to see how much power you have. They are a good tool for fault finding.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LiamT4 For This Useful Post:

Squirtydog (Wednesday 1st May 2013)

All work and no play makes
    Jack a dull boy

Thanks
    Agreed.
    Try not to worry about it, you have a stunning car, I wish mine was even anywhere close to being as good as yours.
    I take it this is the first time its been dyno`d since the remap?

The main think is that you`re happy with how it drives on real roads.
    I presume you noticed a difference when driving it after the remap?

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Cheers Fubar. It was it's first time on the rollers, they Dyno was being installed at the time my car was mapped so unfortunately it couldn't go on for a 'before & after' comparison.

I'm very happy with the way it performs, it'll never put a smile on my face like my old T5, but the D5 still pulls very strong especially when you use the manual side of the geartronic.

I dropped the front undertray yesterday to inspect the bottom of the intercooler, just in case there were signs of oil and a split cooler. It was clean as a whistle and perfectly straight - very pleased.

This user has no status

Thanks
    dynos are a valuable tool as you can see my 2.0T seems to have more power than standard and appears to have gained 7bhp over last time with just a service and the MAF cleaned however look at the top end and you can see I still have an issue and the peak power is during a surge so may not be the genuine power
    Name:  ntuoSRN31x38vdkbh2ySA9pZlpGLXtlfydmXqMRTOpk=.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  307.7 KB

18. The Following User Says Thank You to stevmo For This Useful Post:

Squirtydog (Wednesday 1st May 2013)

Thread Information