Join Today
    Glad im Back -D
    Thanks

MIL Light on :-(

Hi guys long time no see,

I bought my C70 GT T5 in July last year.

There were no lights on in the dash and everything seemed ok ........ till i got on the motorway and tried overtaking a wagon :-(

There was just no kick down ... it stuttered and stalled the revs went to 4k very slowly without much acceleration

The MIL light then came on.

Since then ive been round a few different garages to get the codes read and they can never tell me whats wrong with it.

The codes that everyone come up with are 261A and 262A :-
    261A = Long term mixture regulation / lower partial throttle, component / function on control stop
    262A = Long term mixture regulation / Idle Component / function on control stop

They were read using a Bosch KTS650 unit not a generic Volvo unit. I cant get the time off of work to get it to Volvo either.

A few people have suggested the throttle body ?

I gave Volvo a ring and the guy wasnt very helpful, he just said get it here and we'll scan it for you, then continued to go on about a very expensive throttle body with programming needed which also required a volvo cd program.

Has anyone else had the same codes and have they resolved them ? do i need a new throttle body and if so does anybody know where i can get one for less than the Volvo extorsionate pricing, and also i need to know if they defenitly need to be programmed into the car ?

Cheers guys

Lee
    Last edited by cameron; Sunday 21st April 2013 at 12:25.

1998 C70 T5 GT Auto, 68k, FVSH, Immaculate inside and out, only mod - poly top mount, its Yellow and no pete i didnt paint it, lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    Is your ETS light on?is it a ME7 ? if so done one last week new from Volvo and reprogramme for less than £300 not bad
    Regards
    Seb

Glad im Back -D
    Thanks
    Im assuming by ETS you mean the Orange / green triangle ?

If so thats what i meant, lol but yes it is on, or was till i took the bulb out, it will go off for a day or 2 but then it comes back on and not being sure of what was wrong with it or how much ive just taken the bulb out for now.

1998 C70 T5 GT Auto, 68k, FVSH, Immaculate inside and out, only mod - poly top mount, its Yellow and no pete i didnt paint it, lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    ETS is electronic throttle system light on left of dash,if you have a orange triangle light Lambda light,Sounds like you have a pre me7 normal mechanical throttle body so if so your problem wont be there
    Seb

This user has no status

Thanks
    Have you got a distributor cap or coil packs?
    Seb

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    I think there is a guy on eBay who repairs them, he's the same guy who repairs DIM units and has had good feedback, maybe worth a look.

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,791 Posts
    Hello stranger!...where the hell have you been?... glad to see your still in a Volvo, sorry its playing up!
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/Gal72..._s_Gallery.asp

Currently rocking Volvo's finest V70R 2WD Manual

Previous cars:
    1996 855 T5 (Ex Police),1996 854 T5,1996 855 T5,1995 855 Black T-5R,1996 960,1997 855 R

Glad im Back -D
    Thanks
    Sorry forgot to mention its an ME7 and no theres no ETS light on.

Craig im good buddy, just changed jobs after 3 years of the old boss taking the pi55 so everythings good, hows you ?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cameron For This Useful Post:

Tomcat (Wednesday 8th May 2013)

Glad im Back -D
    Thanks
    Im still none the wiser regards to the stuttery acceleration, got beat by a honda civic today off the lights

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Hi Cameron

From what your describing and the fact your car is ME7, it sounds like you have the dreaded ETM (Not ETS) Electronic Throttle Module fault. As said, a new ETM is about £200 (bosch unit) + labour and software from the dealer to programme to the car, otherwise it won't work.

There are other faults that can give similar symptoms including, MAF, Throttle potentiometer (very rare fault on ME7 Volvo's), FPS (fuel pressure sensor).

It would be more beneficial to us if you can get your codes read by a generic code reader that uses P0' codes or even better would be a VIDA/DICE or BSR code reader that will give proper Volvo codes ie 'ETM 1205' for example.

I advise you to not drive the car as the ETM has a nasty habit of total failure. You'll know when this happens cos sods law says you'll be in the outside lane of a motorway and the engine will cut out and not restart. That's what happened to me when i first got my P1.

Cost me £300 at the dealer, but the car drove 1000% better!!
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

V70 R ish
    Thanks
    Etm issues can come in a varied of symtoms but if you take a photo and upload it i may be able to help you kind regards Ben
    Ben Watson

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewatsonsmouts View Post
    Etm issues can come in a varied of symtoms but if you take a photo and upload it i may be able to help you kind regards Ben
    How can you take a photo of the symptoms? Surely the symptoms, in this case, are physical not visible!
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

V70 R ish
    Thanks
    What system, i know what the symtoms are ive owned one lol has the ETM got a yellow or a white sticker
    Ben Watson

Thread Information