Join Today

Threaded View

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    Cheers Biff..

Spent another couple of hours on the car today and actualy got a few jobs done,lol. Steering wheel is now replaced, the old one put up a valiant amount of resistance but sadly it wasn't a match for my hacksaw. I got the interior lights working again (only noticed they weren't working last night), thankfully it was nothing but a blown fuse. Drivers side front muflap has been replaced, it was missing before along with the rivets that hold it in place so the bottom of the wing could move around a little, I also noticed that none of the rivets in the wheel arches are the proper Volvo plastic ones, these will all have to be swapped out, my OCD wont allow them to stay,lol. I've removed the boost gauge, it wasn't to my taste and as it was only stuck on the dash top it was wobbling around looking cheap and boy racerish, haven't decided wether to just sell it on or keep it for checking boost issues later on. Also found today that one of the footwell lights (drivers side) was in the door pocket, upon fishing under the dash for the wiring I've found it but the positive has broken off the spade connector, have to re solder it when I get a minute. After some advice on ..Ahem...another volvo site (Volvospeed...sorry guys), I'm going to try putting twelve volts to each of the window motors to see if they're all working ok, if they are then it can only really be the drivers switch pack thats faulty...

New wheel

New next to ewww....old.

New one fitted

Oh dear..... lol..it got on my nerves and this was the result on the old one...

I was going to do the downpipe and cat today but I just couldn't sum up the correct amount of interest, tomorrow it is then....maybe...if the wethers good....and I'm not busy finishing my coursework,lol..
    getting stuck in mate, all those little jobs is what makes you treasure the car more in the end when you have done them yourself

2. The Following User Says Thank You to T5frankie For This Useful Post:

Tomcat (Saturday 20th April 2013)

Thread Information