Join Today
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: the new R

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 727 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nealevo View Post
    Well it certainly ain't green!!! Red is best
    I forgot about yours, very nice it is to.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
    You have an n/a gearbox in your car if it is emlyns old 850r mate. Are you sure it's not clutch bearing rattle or ghe clutch itself .that car is bloody quick from what Emlyn said and its stock too .

Needs more boost
    Thanks
    It is quick for an unmapped car but the gears are definitely too short

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by danny-R View Post
    It is quick for an unmapped car but the gears are definitely too short
    That's good not bad mate .think what it will be like with a remap

your mars a welder

Thanks
    its not that fast , it went okay with deans mte map in from what I heard , only running 10psi so nothing to flash. could be the thrust bearing or clutch but a was told its all new ??, a lost a little bit of love for the old girl , been up my m8s this afternoon and wheels will be painted and car machined and painted were needed

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leet5r View Post
    its not that fast , it went okay with deans mte map in from what I heard , only running 10psi so nothing to flash. could be the thrust bearing or clutch but a was told its all new ??, a lost a little bit of love for the old girl , been up my m8s this afternoon and wheels will be painted and car machined and painted were needed
    It was done Emlyn paid Andy from Norfolk to do I think .depends what you are used to regarding how things are fast or not .im used to a s40 1.8vvt and a 140 bhp 940 so it will feel rapid to me lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to smithy For This Useful Post:

leet5r (Sunday 28th July 2013)

your mars a welder

Thanks
    looking at the mte map so hoping it will have enough to keep me happy m no rods or turbo upgrades tho

your mars a welder

Thanks
    got 2 new tyres fitted on the front , they have totally transformed the car , so am going to get another set for the rear , then do the front brakes done

In the R club again!!

Thanks
    Hi today I fitter my poly top mount and bulkhead mount bushes, also fitted my sub frame bush inserts and what a difference it has made to the handling.
    I also had a unsuccessful attempt at fitting my 3" down pipe but the bend on it was too large a radius and I could not get it in as it was hitting the bulkhead so I butchered it and fitted the original and a custom decat pipe with stainless cat back 2 1/2" so now all I need is a 3" dp with tight radius bend and I will me happy with the exhaust. No rattles so far but I can hear a puff from a join. Not to worry.
    Its not too much louder than stock at low revs but gives a great growl when you give it the beans

Getting the wishbone bushes done on Tuesday and I still need to track down a 21.5mm or bigger anti roll bar and bush kit as my bushes look like they are on there way out.
    Cheers Dob

In the R club again!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    Hi today I fitter my poly top mount and bulkhead mount bushes, also fitted my sub frame bush inserts and what a difference it has made to the handling.
    I also had a unsuccessful attempt at fitting my 3" down pipe but the bend on it was too large a radius and I could not get it in as it was hitting the bulkhead so I butchered it and fitted the original and a custom decat pipe with stainless cat back 2 1/2" so now all I need is a 3" dp with tight radius bend and I will me happy with the exhaust. No rattles so far but I can hear a puff from a join. Not to worry.
    Its not too much louder than stock at low revs but gives a great growl when you give it the beans

Getting the wishbone bushes done on Tuesday and I still need to track down a 21.5mm or bigger anti roll bar and bush kit as my bushes look like they are on there way out.
    Cheers Dob
    oops I seem to have put this in the wrong place sorry. could a mod please move it to my R project thread

SORRY
    Dob

your mars a welder

Thanks
    now has more booooooost , loads of fun in the damp to say the least

13. The Following User Says Thank You to leet5r For This Useful Post:

Nealevo (Wednesday 25th September 2013)

Thread Information