Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Dont let the salesperson take control be decisive and to the point so he/she knows you know what you want and dont forget to ring around for better prices and be open that you will be doing that you will be surprised what deals you can achieve if you have the power to say Yes or No! above all enjoy the chase of getting what you want at the best price and with the right spec and deal!

Tony.

cut n blow dry,perms,and tinting prices on request!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jotter22 For This Useful Post:

p fandango (Sunday 7th April 2013)

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jotter22 View Post
    Dont let the salesperson take control be decisive and to the point so he/she knows you know what you want and dont forget to ring around for better prices and be open that you will be doing that you will be surprised what deals you can achieve if you have the power to say Yes or No! above all enjoy the chase of getting what you want at the best price and with the right spec and deal!
    i think that was the issue, i don't know what i want as yet. But thanks & yes i'm already looking see what other traders have got

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    i think that was the issue, i don't know what i want as yet......
    Then take your time and try everything, the customer is always right.

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

5. The Following User Says Thank You to V70 Graham For This Useful Post:

This user has no status

Thanks
    I had a 56 plate T5 C70 and it was a great car to drive. The roof, which I believe was designed in Italy, failed on mine a number of times, jamming part open.

It had to have some of the roof sensors replaced at a cost of around £650.

A brake pedal sensor also failed, which was about £450, thankfully both done under warranty which was about to expire two days afterwards.

The only other thing I noticed was and it might be down to the poor state of the roads, throwing stuff up was that the paint (silver) appeared to chip very easily.

Other than that it was great and although not chipped, it went very well indeed and was lovely on long runs.

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
    I had a 56 plate T5 C70 and it was a great car to drive. The roof, which I believe was designed in Italy, failed on mine a number of times, jamming part open.

It had to have some of the roof sensors replaced at a cost of around £650.

A brake pedal sensor also failed, which was about £450, thankfully both done under warranty which was about to expire two days afterwards.

The only other thing I noticed was and it might be down to the poor state of the roads, throwing stuff up was that the paint (silver) appeared to chip very easily.

Other than that it was great and although not chipped, it went very well indeed and was lovely on long runs.
    Thats very unlucky with the roof. Ive spoke to 3 dealers and they hadnt seen one fail saying that though out of that 3 dealers only 1 has heard of the R liners cracking so I take what they say with a pinch of salt
    Thanks
    Martyn

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    the salesman yesterday was very happy to go thru all the finance but didn't once offer to go & get the keys so not even sat in one, i will have to tho as headroom might be an issue. They seemed to be over-run by C30 D2's so he was concentrating on selling me one of them lol
    Head room isnt an issue my cousin is 6.7 and still fits decent.
    Thanks
    Martyn

9. The Following User Says Thank You to volvokid For This Useful Post:

CDO Sufferer
    Thanks
    Loved the C70 D5 with polestar but the MPG was pretty rough at around 33mpg. On a long run it could do 50mpg however (all that weight!)

I chopped it in last week and bought a C70 T5 - the performance is on-par standard with the remaped diesel, but is much smoother and doesnt sound like a tractor. I'll post some photo's when I get around to cleaning it!

My old one is for sale at my local volvo dealership - sure they'd be happy to sell it to you

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jimka For This Useful Post:

p fandango (Monday 8th April 2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jimka View Post
    Loved the C70 D5 with polestar but the MPG was pretty rough at around 33mpg. On a long run it could do 50mpg however (all that weight!)

I chopped it in last week and bought a C70 T5 - the performance is on-par standard with the remaped diesel, but is much smoother and doesnt sound like a tractor. I'll post some photo's when I get around to cleaning it!
    see thats another thing i'm not sure off, currently having a 52reg D5 with no DPF it has got me worried about going to a newer diesel with all the stupid emmission stuff on. Plus losing 7mpg compared to what i'm getting now

My old one is for sale at my local volvo dealership - sure they'd be happy to sell it to you
    i think i've got alot more window shopping to do yet, & afraid to say that might include looking at other manufactures

This user has no status
    Thanks
    see thats another thing i'm not sure off, currently having a 52reg D5 with no DPF it has got me worried about going to a newer diesel with all the stupid emmission stuff on. Plus losing 7mpg compared to what i'm getting now

i think i've got alot more window shopping to do yet, & afraid to say that might include looking at other manufactures
    Looking at other manufacturers is or should be par for the course no one should spend £30k on a particular car because they feel they should!
    Tony.

cut n blow dry,perms,and tinting prices on request!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jotter22 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jotter22 View Post
    Looking at other manufacturers is or should be par for the course no one should spend £30k on a particular car because they feel they should!
    Tony.
    I won't be spending £30k, possibly £8-12k. I'm very biased about my Volvo's & they've always done me well, I like to stick to what I know. My old man pointed out I could get a 300c for that price, but they don't do anything for me

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    You could get a 58 plate V70 T6 AWD for the money you're looking to spend and that's a very good car, if a little thirsty
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to M-R-P For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by M-R-P View Post
    You could get a 58 plate V70 T6 AWD for the money you're looking to spend and that's a very good car, if a little thirsty
    thanks for the idea, but i'm not a fan of 4x4/AWD, its a daily so got to be diesel & is the T6 still automatic only which is another no no lol

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Auto with the quick shift thingy and I think you can get flapp-paddles for it too.

What about a P3 S60, D4? they go well and available in manual.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by M-R-P View Post
    What about a P3 S60, D4? they go well and available in manual.
    quick look on Autotrader & they still seem to be going quite high price wise, looks like some bargain S40's but again don't know about them size wise

538 Nm on the old car. Now
    that was torquing!
    Thanks
    I had a C30 D3 as a loaner while mine was having some warranty work done.

Loved it. Comfy, quiet and went like stink.

Take one out for a test drive.

Much more room in them than you would think.

And you can them in a D4....

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackdog For This Useful Post:

This user has no status

Thanks
    the local main stealer's got a 58plate C70 (folding hardtop) on the forecourt & surprised how reasonably priced it was.

are they any good, any known issues & how are the diesel engines with the DPF

thanks
    Hi Duane,

As Wobbly mentioned I've been the proud owner of a 2009 C70 2.0D for the last year. Its a FANTASTIC car quiet, comfortable, economical and a good looking. Obviously it is tuned and it also has had DPF Delete which is something you should consider. The handling is sublime with an uprated ARB and Polybushed front wishbones. It is now on 19s (235 35 19) and much to my surprise the ride is still excellent. The fuel consumption for me is comparable with my 2003 S60 D5 and it has a much smaller tank so you don't feel like you are being kicked so hard in the §§§§§§§§ at the petrol station ! The thing that I like most is it is a FUN car to drive that is economical and you can use everyday.With it's Focus origins it is CHEAP to run and maintain too. FUNtastic Value !

Regards,
    Hamish.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hamish For This Useful Post:

Storm-Troll (Saturday 5th April 2014),Wobbly Dave (Wednesday 15th May 2013)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbly Dave View Post
    I really liked Hamish's 2L Diesel. Lovely motor to drive - boot space is compromised when the lid is down. Focus based chassis is really nice to drive.
    He stole my idea.. Nat saw mine when you were all at dads funeral and I let her drive it.... weeks later Hamish had brought her one... lol...

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I have the 2009 T5 version and out of the 4 volvo's I have had. I absolutely love it. its so much fun to drive and handles like a sports car.... Highly recommend.....

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Oh yeah. I also spent a few coins on a black box that I fitted myself so I can now put my roof up and down on the move up to 28 mph so dont need to be stationary with foot on brake. Plus I can now put roof and windows up and down at a distance with the remote control.... well plush

Thanks
    i've gave up looking for a reasonably priced car tbh, i'll stick with the cheap run-about for now

29. The Following User Says Thank You to p fandango For This Useful Post:

Storm-Troll (Saturday 5th April 2014)

Thread Information