Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Chassis / suspension settings service

Hi guys,
    I have had a message come up on the dash for the second time in a week on my 05 V70 R AWD saying Chassis Suspension Settings Service. The first time this happened was approx a week ago when the suspension appears to lock out in advance mode, like driving a go kart on today's roads and displaying the aforementioned message. Having completed my shopping and returning to the car some ten minutes later all is well. The same thing again today and after leaving the car for twenty minutes all is well. This fault comes on after driving for a while, not at start up. Has anyone out there had this problem, is it an easy fix or are we talking SUM replacement and lottery money. I would be gratefull for any advice as we only have one Volvo independent in the area and they can't look at it until the end of this month or is this a Volvo main dealer jobbie!!

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    You sir have to buy some new shocks im afraid. 500 each im afraid and you need two plus a sum recal.

Have you recovered yet? Give monroe a look at, they are much cheaper and they supply volvo with them so they are the same thing
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I had this on mine last year. I found that one of the sensors had come loose in the boot.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dtp For This Useful Post:

ChrisB (Friday 15th March 2013)

Norfolk born and bred.
    Give me a high 6!!!
    Thanks
    I suspect your shocks are fine and that a sensor has or is in the process of throwing a wobbler. Shocks are either knackered or not, whereas a sensor can have an intermittent fault like yours. You need to get it plugged in to ViDA to get the definitive answer. Sensors are like anything else, they go wrong. I hope for your sake its not shocks. Done my 2 front 4C's recently and nearly dropped my bacon sandwich when indie told me price of Volvo items. Volvokid is right. Monroes are the ones to go for NOT volvo ones. But your wallet will still get a beating!!
    Reckon its a sensor problem though/
    Keep us posted..............

6. The Following User Says Thank You to silverhorse For This Useful Post:

ChrisB (Friday 15th March 2013)

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    Hope it's a sensor, let us know.

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    When my car did this. It was intermittent even when I booked the car into volvo the fault wasnt there and believe it or not it didnt store a fault code, I had 2 journeys to perth before they found it. It automatically switches to sport mode. The Monroe shocks are much cheaper I got 2 for a hell of a lot cheaper that 1 from volvo
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hi, Thanks for that I will take a look and see if I can spot anything.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hi, As A precaution in case it may be a shocker problem I have done some research and found a company in West London @ WWW. Wannapart and they have been in touch with Monroe and can supply a pair of front shockers for £338 plus £6.95 carriage. I have double checked the part number with another place, Premier Motor factors in Walsall West Mids but their price is a little higher @ £354 plus carriage for a pair, so worth remembering if you need another pair.

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Anyone near by with a VIDA/dice that could read the fault ,have a look at the plugs wires on the shocks.
    Don't spend any cash on parts untill you know the REAL fault just don't guess what is wrong.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Harvey For This Useful Post:

ChrisB (Monday 18th March 2013)

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    To clarify, it's Monroe that make the shock absorbers not Volvo. Volvo just put the Monroe in a Volvo box and add £235 to the price.

I bought mine from Monroe direct (free postage) as i bought all 4. They cost less than £200 each. Your fault will more than likely be a sensor as the normal default position for the shocks if a fault occurs is 'Sport' not 'Advanced'.

I would check the 'level control sensor' at the rear of the car as this is the most common for giving problems. The bracket can work loose and then the sensor won't know what the suspension height is. Also, your head lights may point to the floor!
    If that is secure and not seized (check by lifting the rear of the car up and down - the sensor should move up/down) then check your accelerometers are not loose.
    Otherwise it's off to your dealer for a diagnosis.
    chances are it won't be a shock.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

ChrisB (Monday 18th March 2013)

Norfolk born and bred.
    Give me a high 6!!!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Don't spend any cash on parts untill you know the REAL fault just don't guess what is wrong.
    Good advice. If you spend loads on shocks, have them fitted and coded and it still doesn't work, you will be gutted.

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Just looked on Monroe site just a little bit cheaper than volvo prices.

Rear Monroe Ces Technology Shock Absorber Electronically adjustable Shock Strength, Bottom Eye, Top Pin fits Volvo S60 R 2,5 T AWD (P/N# C1501) PAIR

£391.21
    1 In stock
    x
    Front Monroe Ces Technology Shock Absorber Electronically adjustable Shock Strength fits Volvo S60 R 2,5 T AWD (P/N# C2501) PAIR

£391.21
    3 In stock
    x
    £782.42
    What Will Delivery Cost?
    £0.00Next Day Delivery (Mon to Fri - 8am to 8pm)
    Your postcode may affect the cost of delivery for these items, please enter your postcode for confirmation of the price

Close Basket

Thread Information