Join Today
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Thank fully they are lovley and straight all i will be doing is making a space and keeping a titan wheel as a spare untill a polaris comes up which isnt very often.
    Where abouts did you get urs from

HAPPY DAYS

Thanks
    They were on the 850 from new funnily enough! Have you got 4 mint center caps too? I have 4 but 3 are knackered....as they are a nightmare to find in any quantity I'm in two minds whether to refurb the originals with some clever cad cut mirror vinyl onto sprayed plastic cap (after removing the tin caps!) and loads of clear coats...or whether to machine the shoulder out and fit s/v70 caps?

WHY DOESN'T MY SIGNATURE WORK??? ...IT DOES NOW! :-)

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Alot of the us guys just have the centre bored out to fit the later caps which look very nice but i have refurbed my centre caps and had new covers to fit is got them done by kerry on voc and did a lovley job

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Looking nice mate, Had a hankering for a derv a while ago but something else came up, which I'll be collecting in a few weeks.

Nice to see an oil burner getting the kinda love usually reserved for T5s.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to M-R-P For This Useful Post:

MA'R'K (Tuesday 26th March 2013)

HAPPY DAYS

Thanks
    Thanks Martin, I think this car was well ahead of it's time tbh.....being diesel which so many people want now, when this was new diesel was still frowned upon!! what's your 'something else' then??

HAPPY DAYS

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5 pete View Post
    Alot of the us guys just have the centre bored out to fit the later caps which look very nice but i have refurbed my centre caps and had new covers to fit is got them done by kerry on voc and did a lovley job
    I heard of a bloke in the Birmingham area who apparantly could do the covers but can't for the life of me begin to think how to get hold of him....badge maker I believe!

So what does Kerry do to make them....could you pm me his details? I'd rather keep them original if poss!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MA'R'K View Post
    Thanks Martin, I think this car was well ahead of it's time tbh.....being diesel which so many people want now, when this was new diesel was still frowned upon!! what's your 'something else' then??
    Not sayin' yet

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

HAPPY DAYS

Thanks
    .....I already know! You bought a Nightrider replica didn't you? Go on admit it.....you've always wanted one

Thanks
    Oooh - I have always wanted one of those but not great on the MPG front lol.

Not sayin'

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

HAPPY DAYS

Thanks
    Some inspiration images for what I wanted to do with the oil burner....have always been tempted to sell the R and concentrate on diesel power, would be great to beat the VW boys at their own game Has anyone seen any tuned 850 densils?

Std engine in 850....

Endurance race car....

Summit else....

this build would look sick in an 850, I think the inlet looks awesome....with the engine cover fixing points ground off and some serious polishing would look the bees knees

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
    I would do the diesel mate

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,665 Times in 1,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smithy View Post
    I would do the diesel mate
    +1 on this,go for it mate.I`ve seen a seat ibiza and there is a fabia in Colchester 1.9tdi 260bhp and it killed an M3 lol

HAPPY DAYS

Thanks
    It is sooo tempting, but I just have too many projects! Basically I'm down to 3 cars now and 1 has to go......740, 850 or V70R?? Aarrrggghhhh!!! Sticking to my guns, I will still try and sell this, if I don't get reserve then it'll be back to the drawing board!

Would anyone on here have any idea where to start with a VW diesel build? I have a contact for modifying injectors, he's done a few beefy transporters, and also plenty of contacts from when I was in the veedub scene so I'm sure it would be totally do-able. It would be interesting to know a cost comparision, what would be the relative cost of modifying VW 2.5 tdi or Volvo 2.3 R?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MA'R'K View Post
    It is sooo tempting, but I just have too many projects! Basically I'm down to 3 cars now and 1 has to go......740, 850 or V70R?? Aarrrggghhhh!!! Sticking to my guns, I will still try and sell this, if I don't get reserve then it'll be back to the drawing board!

Would anyone on here have any idea where to start with a VW diesel build? I have a contact for modifying injectors, he's done a few beefy transporters, and also plenty of contacts from when I was in the veedub scene so I'm sure it would be totally do-able. It would be interesting to know a cost comparision, what would be the relative cost of modifying VW 2.5 tdi or Volvo 2.3 R?
    You don't need to worry about the engine just stick a holset on it and do the fuel and enjoy .what you doing with the 740 mate

HAPPY DAYS

Thanks
    You don't need to worry about the engine just stick a holset on it and do the fuel and enjoy .what you doing with the 740 mate
    late response, soz bud!....not a fat great deal at the mo Smithy! Like a stupid ****, I let it run out of fuel a couple weeks back when letting it run for half hour, and now I can't start the §§§§§§ . There's plenty of fuel preesure coming through and I've put a new battery in as the old one was a bit weak when I tested it. I'm gonna have to get a new fuel filter and see if it's just cr*d caught as I let it run out, if not I might have a furl pump issue....may have burn't it out....but then again I'm getting good fuel pressure so really would have though it's something to do with cr*d disrupting flow?!?!

I need to get a thread and pics up though....but as you can probably tell I'm a bit busy with the other bricks at the mo

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Now looking at your v70r mate I would keep that and sell the diesel or keep both .

HAPPY DAYS

Thanks
    Now looking at your v70r mate I would keep that and sell the diesel or keep both .
    ...really kinda glad you said that mate, the hard work has gone into the R big time! It's really 740 or 850 and I have an itching for a RWD brick so the 850 is kinda left out!

I wanna keep the 740 just for the engine bay light

This user has no status
    Thanks
    loving what you have done with it,,,,,,,,is there a six speed that would fit a tdi? what she like on the derv?
    1995 854 t5r

HAPPY DAYS

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by martybelfastt5 View Post
    loving what you have done with it,,,,,,,,is there a six speed that would fit a tdi? what she like on the derv?
    Thanks mate, the car originally came not far from you!! Not sure about the six speed box, maybe with the later engines. The box in this is pretty good though and the diesel is a lot more fun than you'd think .....I wouldn't own it if it were poo to drive

This user has no status
    Thanks
    yes remember it even seen it on the road here was running columbas then
    1995 854 t5r

Thread Information