Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

D5 - rising oil level - DPF

Hello guys, I have a question for you, especially if you have D5 engine with silver cover, the one that has DPF.

I bought my car last summer and after purchase I have noticed that oil level was a little bit over the MAX indicator. Mechanic at Volvo explanied to me, that diesel can get mixed into oil because of DPF fiter and the oil level rises.

I have then changed my oil with Castrol 0-30 a5b5 for Volvo, that was 7 months ago and I only did 5500 kilometers in that time, that's 3500 miles. I put 5 liters of oil into the engine when changing - I think it's 5 liters for D5 right? So anyways oil dipstich has 8 levels of XX marked between MIN and MAX. After I changed my oil, oil level was covering a little bit more than 5 XX marks. Now after 7 months and 3500 miles it covers 7 XX marks, only one left to MAX.

I assuming diesel came into oil? So what to do, it's that normal with that engines and it's OK to drive like this or shold I change my oil again? So quickly? But I suppose lubricating abilities are not the same with some diesel in oil. I am planing to remove DPF during this year, but still, what do you recomend?

Thanks for your answers!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Now i am no mechanic by any stretch of the imagination but i would have to say if diesel is getting in your oil something is wrong!

Tony.

cut n blow dry,perms,and tinting prices on request!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    volvo actually recommend you dont top the oil up to its max when you do an oil change as the level will rise over a period of time,
    there was a bulliten thing about it on the v50 doing this too if i remember..a while back now lol.
    it appears its normal.....
    and i dont think you will do yourself any favours removing the dpf..i expect it will cause more problems...
    there is methods to clear or clean the dpf which usually works on a lot of cars,
    unless the dpf has got to a certain level of dirty then it has to be replaced...and that will hurt your bank account.....a lot.
    T5 STEALTH

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/album.php?albumid=21 AND A MERCURY CAPRI
    RIP alan (kyebosh)

Thread Information