Join Today
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Air con removal

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,683 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by M-R-P View Post
    The ability to overtake safely?

And achieve what? Meeting other enthusiasts is the only reason I go to meets.

There's nothing wrong with James' attitude mate. Frankie has his reputation for being the resident yob (if you'd seen the way he left the RR day at uxbridge, even you'd have called him a tit ) You have the rep for being the oldest boyracer on the forum, I talk a load of 5h1t most of the time, V70Graham has the reputation of being the slowest driver on the forum, Liam and Mike shouldn't even be here with their german barges blah blah... So James has a reputation for going on about being safe? so what? What keeps me here is the diversity of people and the enjoyment I get from getting involved. If the forum was souly about driving like an idot all the time and taking risks, it wouldn't last very long at all.

Back to the topic... As above, venting heavy gasses to atmosphere has numerous drawbacks (mostly legal) and can be dangerous but what you do in your own front garden is up to you. The method of slowly cracking a pipe would allow the gasses to vent gently without fear of physical injury - basically a controlled discharge. Just stand well back until the hissing stops.
    Cheers Martin I only did that Cos I thought you lot might like to hear it screaming up the road, obviously I was wrong, guess you never drive like that!

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    I have no choice but to remove it myself as 1. The car is in pieces and 2. I'm skint

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,497 Posts
    At the cost of R134a, you'd probably find a local ac guy to come and recover it for FREE....venting refrigerant into the atmosphere IS illegal & I'm surprised the majority of this thread promotes it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to stephenevans99 For This Useful Post:

JamesT5 (Tuesday 5th March 2013)

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett855tdi View Post
    .....and upto 2 years in prison.....
    Don't worry Frankie, I'll visit ya lol

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

6. The Following User Says Thank You to V70 Graham For This Useful Post:

T5frankie (Tuesday 5th March 2013)

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T5frankie View Post
    Cheers Martin I only did that Cos I thought you lot might like to hear it screaming up the road, obviously I was wrong, guess you never drive like that!
    Chill out Frankie - I was merely pointing out that we all seem to have our part to play for whatever reason, and I think it's unfair that the guy who promotes safety gets slammed by the guy who takes - off, bouncing off the limiter in the first 2 gears, shredding his already knackered tyres with his kid in the front seat or by the guy who videos himself doing silly speeds on country roads.

We would have liked to hear your car screaming - off up the road but all we heard was tortured rubber and the horrible DADADADADADA of a five-pot bouncing off it's limiter. Shame 'cos it sounded nice on the rollers.
    And no - I have never, and would never drive like that - on a track or a public road especially with my child in the car.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Chill out Frankie - I was merely pointing out that we all seem to have our part to play for whatever reason, and I think it's unfair that the guy who promotes safety gets slammed by the guy who takes - off, bouncing off the limiter in the first 2 gears, shredding his already knackered tyres with his kid in the front seat or by the guy who videos himself doing silly speeds on country roads.

We would have liked to hear your car screaming - off up the road but all we heard was tortured rubber and the horrible DADADADADADA of a five-pot bouncing off it's limiter. Shame 'cos it sounded nice on the rollers.
    And no - I have never, and would never drive like that - on a track or a public road especially with my child in the car.
    Yeah accelerating hard in a straight line up to 40 odd mph is well dangerous ain't it?

Thanks
    Yeah accelerating hard in a straight line up to 40 odd mph is well dangerous ain't it?
    In a 30 zone - yes.

I doubt you'd launch like that up the 1/4 mile, so how you could call it "accelerating hard" is beyond me - you'd need traction for that.

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    In a 30 zone - yes.

I doubt you'd launch like that up the 1/4 mile, so how you could call it "accelerating hard" is beyond me - you'd need traction for that.
    That's how that car drives, scrabbling for grip, and bouncing off the limiter because of it, anyway I ain't arguing with with it's hard writing as im driving my truck LOL

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T5frankie For This Useful Post:

Harvey (Tuesday 5th March 2013),M-R-P (Tuesday 5th March 2013)

Thanks
    LMAO - nice one Frankie

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

Driving Miss Daisy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,943 Posts
    That's how that car drives, scrabbling for grip, and bouncing off the limiter because of it, anyway I ain't arguing with with it's hard writing as im driving my truck LOL
    That's a crap phone ya have there too mate.....

The Relentless Pursuit Of Perfection

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by V70 Graham View Post
    That's a crap phone ya have there too mate.....

Crap car too.

5 pot heart of a Volvo
    Thanks
    Galaxy s3 mate so it's even harder as it's quite wide

This user has no status

Thanks
    As i'm in the middle of fitting my new intercooler it would be a good time to remove the air con system, can you just undo the pipework and throw away? any problems with the gas? (not that it should have any in after 4 years) any one know the size of the shorter belt?
    If it helps Frankie!

Man. Trans wo A/C = Belt 9146973

Auto. Trans wo A/C = Belt 9146844

17. The Following User Says Thank You to 960kg For This Useful Post:

T5frankie (Tuesday 5th March 2013)

Banned
    Power of a Sports Car, Turning
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    The ability to overtake safely?

And achieve what? Meeting other enthusiasts is the only reason I go to meets.

There's nothing wrong with James' attitude mate. Frankie has his reputation for being the resident yob (if you'd seen the way he left the RR day at uxbridge, even you'd have called him a tit ) You have the rep for being the oldest boyracer on the forum, I talk a load of 5h1t most of the time, V70Graham has the reputation of being the slowest driver on the forum, Liam and Mike shouldn't even be here with their german barges blah blah... So James has a reputation for going on about being safe? so what? What keeps me here is the diversity of people and the enjoyment I get from getting involved. If the forum was souly about driving like an idot all the time and taking risks, it wouldn't last very long at all.

Back to the topic... As above, venting heavy gasses to atmosphere has numerous drawbacks (mostly legal) and can be dangerous but what you do in your own front garden is up to you. The method of slowly cracking a pipe would allow the gasses to vent gently without fear of physical injury - basically a controlled discharge. Just stand well back until the hissing stops.

Banned
    Power of a Sports Car, Turning
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenevans99 View Post
    At the cost of R134a, you'd probably find a local ac guy to come and recover it for FREE....venting refrigerant into the atmosphere IS illegal & I'm surprised the majority of this thread promotes it.

Thread Information