Join Today
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,497 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by V70 Graham View Post
    A great improvement, is it my eyes or has the camber of the front wheels changed ?
    Do you need to have the tracking checked after fitting spacers ?
    I don't think the camber has changed....the 'after' photo was taken immediately after I had lowered the car from the trolley jack. I'm not aware that you need the tracking checked after spacers....? maybe

Quote Originally Posted by graemewelch View Post
    looking good. those wheel bolts dont look much longer though
    The only look a little longer don't they.....as I tightened the new bolts up - I counted 7 full rotations of the bolt before it was torqued tight. I should imagine that'll be enough....I hope.

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Two more close up piccies:

This user has no status

Thanks
    that looks good and has got me tempted although I want those wheels too - Just hate the idea of those tyres and extra stress on wheel bearings of the spacers

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    I was concerned about the extra stress on the wheel bearings too, but I've been told as long as you don't go to 20mm+ they're fine. We'll have to see!!

Next weeks thread is why have my wheel bearings collapsed???? lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    indeed - hope you have no issues though. And if you dont I may end up spacing mine as they do sit remarkably far in but I would team that up with a tiny drop of around 30/35mm so I still have reasonable clearance on the crap roads I drive down regularly

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevmo View Post
    indeed - hope you have no issues though. And if you dont I may end up spacing mine as they do sit remarkably far in but I would team that up with a tiny drop of around 30/35mm so I still have reasonable clearance on the crap roads I drive down regularly
    lee has had spacers on his for a long time and no issues.

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stevmo View Post
    I would team that up with a tiny drop of around 30/35mm so I still have reasonable clearance on the crap roads I drive down regularly
    I've been looking at lowering just the rear 30mm. It's not a job I'd like to do myself & it's finding a garage who'd fit em with love & affection!!

This user has no status

Thanks
    I do everything myself
    should see the state my mondeos in

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenevans99 View Post
    Two more close up piccies:

looks sweet just need some good wax now to stop that water sitting on your arches!

cut n blow dry,perms,and tinting prices on request!

Norfolk born and bred.
    Give me a high 6!!!
    Thanks
    I like the look of this mod. Makes a visible difference like you say without looking to modded.
    Trouble is, if I did this, my wife would curb the alloys before she even got off the drive

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    lol....Nissan Micra's were made just for that same problem....she'd love one I reckon!!

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by graemewelch View Post
    trust me to buy sumit that wont bolt on
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenevans99 View Post

The wheel bolts provided are supposed to be zinc plated - but I've got a feeling they won't stay shiny for long. I'll probably buy a set of the plastic wheel nut covers.
    There not and they don't!! I got bolts from the same place.

I had 12mm on front and 15mm spacers on the rear thou. I guess the estates sit further in due to load carrying capability!?
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by V70 Graham View Post
    A great improvement, is it my eyes or has the camber of the front wheels changed ?
    Do you need to have the tracking checked after fitting spacers ?
    It's not your eyes, it's because they car has been jacked up then lowered to the floor without rolling the car, so the wheels will automatically settle inwards. Once the car moves forwards or backwards then the wheels will splay out again.

You do NOT need your wheel alignment checked or adjusted as you have not actually adjusted anything.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Great end result Steve. One thing i will say thou is you shouldn't have bothered with the Goodrich hoses. OE ones on your car are already armored and any difference felt after the mod will only be because the brakes have been bled.
    I do hope that when the garage replaced your brake fluid with the ATE super blue that they actually bled the clutch out as well?? If not, your old crappy brake fluid will mix and contaminate the ATE fluid.

I had mine replaced at the dealer when they replaced my calipers. ATE super blue supplied myself, dealer flushed and bled the entire system. 3 liters was used.

The light shade of blue that your reservoir omits will confuse a few garages i can tell you!

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    The thing with the Goodrich hoses is the price - £57 for a full set. It's hard to find a set of OE hoses at that price mate.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    It was Mr P that got me reaching into my PayPal account regarding the hoses.....lol As Martin says, for the price they are - I thought I'd change them for changing sake & I got to choose a lovely goodridge orange colour

No need to bleed the clutch on mine as I BENEFIT from the Geartronic :lol

As you say Lee regarding camber, once the car had moved a few feet the camber returned to it's correct position - I should've done this before taking the pics.

I'm just glad they turned out OK after spending the ££ - it was the look of your V70R that made me want to fit the TPi spacers.

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    after seeing this im definatly putting spacers on the back of mine.i was thinking about it the other day funny enough,but wasnt sure if it was worth it but seeing yours has changed my mind its amazing how big a difference it makes with such a subtle mod,good job

full respray..plenty of body mods..comets..ray cat back noise pipe..decat and wrapped downpipe..me7 exhaust manifold..3" throttle body with ported inlet manifold..blue injectors..adjustable fuel reg..reverse intercooler pipework..19t..open cone air filter..255 fuel pump..m-r-p short shift..boost gauge..unknown remap..adjustable suspension..lightweight crank pulley..n/a cams..stripped out interior..and a heavy right foot

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Looks spot-on ,getting better each time you post.
    So what's on the list to do next ?,can't be much left.
    I do think the nebula wheels look great on you motor.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Harvey For This Useful Post:

stephenevans99 (Sunday 10th March 2013)

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,121 Posts
    maybe time for a groupbuy. ill sort if enough intrest

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graemewelch For This Useful Post:

stevmo (Saturday 9th March 2013),theflyingbrick (Saturday 9th March 2013)

Thread Information