Join Today

Thread: Dab?

This user has no status
    Thanks

Dab?

Afternoon all.

I was just wondering if anyone has a DAB receiver installed? I've been looking for one which I can add to my head unit and hide the reciever behind the dash somewhere.
    I've looked on the after market websites & DAB websites but all they offer is new head units or modules that aren't compatible.

My local main stealer were clueless and gave me a number for "Volvo head office". They were as much use as a wheel on a walking stick.

It's not something I 'need', just another luxury.

Any ideas??

Meet Abby, an elegant lady... Still, very willing to go topless in public. All I gotta do is push the right buttons...

in dilema near ilford
    Thanks
    Ive got one of these which is ok, but could'nt say it was fantastic and depends a lotttttttttttttttt on your area for reception

http://www.superfi.co.uk/p-3840-pure...FZDKtAod4GEARQ

in conjunction with one of these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Carasell...1910217&sr=8-2
    Last edited by 5seaterT5x2; Tuesday 26th February 2013 at 20:26.

Lawnmower Boy
    Now known as WAPAHO!!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,733 Times in 1,162 Posts
    I use my iphone and radioplayer, wonders of unlimited data

Current Garage:
    1997 960 3.0L 24v - Polestar...(Honest guv..!!)
    1997 855 T5 S - stripped to 1300kgs gross weight - 14.2sec qtr(rank 17*)
    2001 V40 T4 SE - 14.199@100.15MPH - Hybrid Turbo/VXR injectors and DeCat(Rank 15*)
    *Data Sept 2013
    Any Stuff For Sale - check out my Ebay link

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JUDGENINJA For This Useful Post:

jamesy12345 (Monday 24th March 2014),Tomcat (Saturday 7th September 2013)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I did look at a seperate unit, but I was wanting one that would show the station on the existing display and that I could use the steering wheel controls with. They do exist, just not for Volvo

And unfortunately I don't get unlim data!

Meet Abby, an elegant lady... Still, very willing to go topless in public. All I gotta do is push the right buttons...

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubes View Post
    I did look at a seperate unit, but I was wanting one that would show the station on the existing display and that I could use the steering wheel controls with. They do exist, just not for Volvo
    I am sure alpine do one that is compatible with factory headunits though not to sure if you use the existing display

Southern AA patrol.
    Thanks
    There is a unit you can buy. Local volvo dealers in Brighton and horsham said it couldn't be done. Lol. I had an S40 series 2. 2006. High performance audio and amps as standard. Now my brother works for porsche and I told him what volvo said and he explained that he can fit a porsche adapter. I gave him car for the day and he fitted a little box up behind dash.wired it in with standard micro ariel to my stereo. I received lots more stations all digital. And this box broadcast the scrolling channel information which the volvo stereo picks up and displays on its lcd. The box even has a mp3/ipod adapter so you can plug in your ipod or phone. I dont have car any more but I'll see if my bro can get me details of box.
    Nick.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AAnickmac For This Useful Post:

LeeT5 (Monday 24th March 2014)

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AAnickmac View Post
    There is a unit you can buy. Local volvo dealers in Brighton and horsham said it couldn't be done. Lol. I had an S40 series 2. 2006. High performance audio and amps as standard. Now my brother works for porsche and I told him what volvo said and he explained that he can fit a porsche adapter. I gave him car for the day and he fitted a little box up behind dash.wired it in with standard micro ariel to my stereo. I received lots more stations all digital. And this box broadcast the scrolling channel information which the volvo stereo picks up and displays on its lcd. The box even has a mp3/ipod adapter so you can plug in your ipod or phone. I dont have car any more but I'll see if my bro can get me details of box.
    Nick.
    I'd be interested in info on this please?
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    i bought a DAB radio for the Bimmer, & can only pick-up 2 stations

This user has no status

Thanks
    I was told by a muppet (he is just that) technician that receiving stations can be a bit of a hit or a miss with a dabs radio.It depends on the area that you are in at present.

Banned
    Power of a Sports Car, Turning
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    You can get one that you tune your FM radio in to the DAB tuner which received in DAB and transmits back to your standard radio in FM, it's called Pure Highway and is one of many on the market.

Interestingly, DAB is a mono signal and FM is stereo which has a higher bit rate than DAB as well which transmits at around 128 kilo bit per second (kbps) vs the 192 kbps for Stereo FM . In fact, a perfectly clean FM signal is sharper than a DAB signal although this is somewhat academic given that DAB is 'hiss' free and a poor signal just gives you the 'Dalek' effect.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JamesT5 For This Useful Post:

Jimmie (Monday 24th March 2014)

Thread Information