Join Today

Threaded View

This user has no status

Thanks

My new 850 R manual

Here she is sat on the street before I bought her.

It now sits on my drive. Slowly checking her over to see whats what.

Discovered yesterday that there was missing vacuum pipe. (The one that went from the middle of the BCS to the air intake pipe)

Random but true. I replaced that pipe and it made the car a little bit slower. The boost wasnt coming in as strong.

Today, I have studied numerous vacuum pipe diagrams (Its not straight forward) and came to the conclusion that the other pipes were not in their right places.

To cut a long story short, there was a pipe going from the turbo to the vac tree (there is one that does that, but it wasn't the right one). So I swapped that round with the one that should have been going there. I put a boost gauge on quickly at the same time so I could keop an eye on what was going on.

Took it for a run. Boosting to around 8psi. I knew that wasn't right. Felt pretty fast though.........

I wondered if that other two pipes from the BCS were the wrong way round so I swapped them. Out for a run. Boost now at least 10 psi heading towards 11. Standard should be 10.5 psi. It was holding nicely as well. Car felt much strong and went well!!

The car had the turbo reconditioned around two years ago. I'm guessing who ever did it forgot the way the vac pipes went when it was re installed. They were all over the shop. I'm suprised it ran so well considering the several mix ups.

Have replaced all the vac pipes connecting the turbo and BCS so dont need to worry about them.

Spark plugs have been out and checked. All look well. A rough clean of the engine bay has been done but far more to go yet.

The only electical thing I have found not working is the drivers side heated seat. I shall be working on that soon.

Car needs an oil change. I have the stuff ready to go and hope to do that in the next few days.

Tailgate struts are knackered big time and need replaced. Again on the list.

Need to clean all the boost pipes and throttle body. (carb cleaner bought and on standby)

Redex ready to go in the tank.

Thats it so far. Will get some pictures sorted in the next few days.

T.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    62' V60 D3 R Design
    62' V60 T6 AWD R Design polestar'd

Thread Information