Join Today

Threaded View

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 727 Posts

WASH BOTH MY CARS TODAY warning not VOLVOS LOL

After looking at recent threads about cleaning cars, today I cleaned both of mine and thought I'd show you the results and what I used. I'm probably like most on the forum, I like my cars to look at there best, but I don't spend a fortune on products but want good results with not to much effort. I'm fortunate that with my job I get to stock a lot of the brand leading products and get to try out samples. Today was a nice fresh bright day so perfect for cleaning. Started at 9am.

These were the only products I used.

First the cars were washed with the gold class shampoo using a grit guard bucket from Meguiars which when you put the wash mitt in the dirt goes to the bottom of the bucket. Both cars were then rinsed off with the hose and dried using a Meguiars towel which just soaks up the water. The Audi had a lot of road tar along the bottom panels and rear bumper so I used the Meguiars paint cleaner to remove this which was very easy work. Now I have a vast array of polishes and waxes but because I had two cars to do I really didn't fancy using cutting compound, polish then a wax so out came the Muc-Off Miracle Shine. This is a swirl remover/polish and a wax all in one. Very easy to put and on and very very easy to take off and I highly recommend it as the finish is excellent. Nil glass for the windows inside and out applied with a micro fibre cloth. Autoglym bumper care for the black plastics. Meguiars endurance gel for the tyres and finally PoorBoys wheel sealant for the wheels.
    Under the bonnet I just sprayed Autoglym engine cleaner over everything and just lightly rinsed off with the hose pipe. As you can see nothing special and nothing costs a fortune. Everything done by hand. Insides just wiped down with a damp cloth.

Hope you like,

Last edited by MIKESC70T5; Wednesday 20th February 2013 at 01:41.

Thread Information