Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Red door light won't go off ... ???

The red warning light on the passenger door of our 99plate C70 is not going off when the door is closed which is resulting in a drained battery, I have removed the bulb for now but anybody any ideas why it won't go out ?

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Tried cleaning the switch on the door?
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by volvokid View Post
    Tried cleaning the switch on the door?
    Excuse my ignorance, what switch is that ?

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    I'm sure it's a rubber one that's attached to the door somewhere , it's in that area somewhere.
    Thanks
    Martyn

Glad im Back -D
    Thanks
    The light switch is in the actual door lock, the door shuts onto the catch on the b post and pushes the button down but the plastic on the catch wears away and it doesnt push the lock round enough to make contact with the light switch. Mine is doing exactly the same ( 98 C70 ) thats why ive dismantled the door today. I think the best thing to do is buy new or newer ( not so worn down ) door catches. Thats what i intend to try anyway

1998 C70 T5 GT Auto, 68k, FVSH, Immaculate inside and out, only mod - poly top mount, its Yellow and no pete i didnt paint it, lol

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    The light switch is in the actual door lock, the door shuts onto the catch on the b post and pushes the button down but the plastic on the catch wears away and it doesnt push the lock round enough to make contact with the light switch. Mine is doing exactly the same ( 98 C70 ) thats why ive dismantled the door today. I think the best thing to do is buy new or newer ( not so worn down ) door catches. Thats what i intend to try anyway
    Cheers Cameron.
    I found out that sometimes you can get away with building up with tape the white striker that connects with the micro switch when door is shut, this should allow for a better contact.

Was the door card and lock assembly easy enough to strip down ?

Glad im Back -D
    Thanks
    Yeah its not a hard job if youve got half an idea of what your doing

1998 C70 T5 GT Auto, 68k, FVSH, Immaculate inside and out, only mod - poly top mount, its Yellow and no pete i didnt paint it, lol

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    From what i can remember it is the switch inside the door lock. The only way to cure the fault is to replace the entire door lock assembly.
    My boot lock used to do it. Annoying i know.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Thread Information