Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Anti skid service needed

Weve had a lot of snow here today and spent most of the afternoon with it up to its axles in snow...

Had the traction control switched off as it was being a bit aggressive, anyway display now has anti-skid service needed...

Any-hoo's I read the codes and it's reporting u0140 which is communication to body control module lost,

Any ideas?

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Back in a V70 and happy!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,449 Times in 1,272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 888dee View Post
    Weve had a lot of snow here today and spent most of the afternoon with it up to its axles in snow...

Had the traction control switched off as it was being a bit aggressive, anyway display now has anti-skid service needed...

Any-hoo's I read the codes and it's reporting u0140 which is communication to body control module lost,

Any ideas?
    That happened to me with my p2 V70 D5 after driving faster than normal for a while. It stayed on for a couple of days and went off on it's own. Hope your's does the same.

Banned
    Power of a Sports Car, Turning
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    Oh, my ABS/STC Service Required lights are on too. Silverhorse said it could have been because of snow and ice upsetting the system and hey presto, looks like he could be right because yours has come on after heavy use in the snow! Mine have mostly stayed on and come on over about 10 - 15 mph, however I have had the odd day here and there where the lights didn't come on and the other morning, I managed to get the STC system to work normally without the lights staying on afterwards.

I think it could be a sensor or something. I'm taking mine (under protest), to a Main Stealer on the 27th to try and get the lights rest or to find the actual cause of the problem. My code reader hasn't picked up any error codes so it's going on DICE/VIDA to see what that picks up, I'll also be interested to see what other hidden faults are stored within the cars ECU.

Let us know how you get on and what you find, I think it will help us all out.

Regards

James

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I'll definitely let you all know what the up shot of this is for me,

I've got to drop into a mates garage tomorrow morning so will get the codes cleared,

I'm thinking a sensor somewhere has gotten wet, fingers crossed its that easy

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Back in a V70 and happy!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,449 Times in 1,272 Posts
    I'll definitely let you all know what the up shot of this is for me,

I've got to drop into a mates garage tomorrow morning so will get the codes cleared,

I'm thinking a sensor somewhere has gotten wet, fingers crossed its that easy
    I was rushing Home in mine as a guy was viewing it, and I was going round corners much faster than normal, when the anti skid service thing flashed up. I told him that It had just come on literally 20 minutes before he viewed the car, but I'm not sure he believed me. He still bought the car though.

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    Had the same message on my S40 - MY2008, there is a known fault. Sometimes it clears. Sometimes some intervention is required. Luckily mine self cleared and has not re-occurred.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

Banned
    Power of a Sports Car, Turning
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    I've got to drop into a mates garage tomorrow morning
    Drop in? I hope you remember your parachute!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbly Dave View Post
    Had the same message on my S40 - MY2008, there is a known fault. Sometimes it clears. Sometimes some intervention is required. Luckily mine self cleared and has not re-occurred.
    The kind of intervention that comes from the stealers?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Got the codes from the body control module read today

"BCM-0130 Brake pressure sensor. Signal missing"

which from reading various things on the web this is the terminal and depressingly common fault requiring replacement or at least re-building of the ABS unit

may pop into Barnetts on Monday see what they say although I have found a place which will recondition for £250 and the guy who read the codes for me can calibrate the new unit FOC, the major irritation will be having to do without the car for the 3-4 days it takes to get the thing fixed, *sigh*

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    How's Barents service after the big revamp?

I had this MSG lon my 08 C70 T5 after some planted back road driving , but it went of after I stopped the car
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Not looking like its gonna go off, 4 days and about 300 miles it's been on now

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I've now got 2 companies who will rebuild the abs module, one I found by searching the web and another recommended,

Going to be a couple of weeks before I get this sorted out, need to finish rebuilding an old Alfa and get it mot'd before I'll be able to get the S40 into the garage and taken apart.... Will also need to borrow a car for a few days while it's off the road.

Thread Information