Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,928 Posts
    Wheels looks lovely, can't wait to see the wheels and exhaust fitted

Gun Metal Grey - Volvo 850R - Saloon
    Thanks to Russ and team www.rtmechanics.co.uk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AndysR For This Useful Post:

martybelfastt5 (Sunday 29th June 2014)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    ok small update on this all parts are fitted as some will know i have a gearbox /clutch noise when pedal released
    the wheels are on and rubbing the inner arches slighty
    the exhaust has been a pure pain in the ass but is on and quiet ect this is down to the downpipe to cat back join pieces they are belled out and i cant find a clip to suit for the life of me have spent maybe 80 quid on ones ive binned or cut up to try and resolve it temporarily i have done so successfully today
    had to put on two 5 mil spacers on the rear was rubbing ever so slighty now not
    cleaned the headcloth made an inpressive difference
    the wheel alignment needs set as do the headlights then a brake fluid change then it will be motd
    now to the bad bit the car has been fustrating me so much i think ive had enough and may well sell the car when its motd im by no means turning my back on volvo but think im done with the 850 sad day could change my mind but at this minute in time dont see that happening
    on performance it dosent feel as quick to me as it should i will investagate this before i sell a picture of how she sits below including the melting exhaust joint i cant sort

once motd ect il get some proper pictures of her up but they may well be the pictures of her for sale ad
    1995 854 t5r

This user has no status
    Thanks
    ok so time for an update and yes i had a wobble and considerd selling the car but it soon passed and i apoligised to the the car lol
    not much to update on really i havent been using the car daily so its only done couple of hundred miles and is now motd..it failed on front arms and i put in a set of genuine volvo items..the car after arms is driving great on the down side my 40 profile tyres are rubbing slightly front and back 5mm spacers sorted rear out fronts have scrubbed through my arch liners so i have sourced a set from a local scrappy that took in a 2.5 20v glt saloon i will replace the tyres with 225 35 18 toyos also robbed some clips ect as i hate as much as a boot trim clip missing lol the car is as good as parked up until the weather breaks again it will be washed dryed hooverd and short run weekly maybe even romove the alloys and i will finish it to the standard i want begining of summer end of feb/march it then amazing the time it can take to get things right......the release bearing is still noisy and will be changed at some point no big deal.. the paint still needs atention buffing/painting again in the summer my missus is biyng me a da kit for christmas havent masterd the rotary yet lol ...the exhaust isnt right still and will be tweaked sorted ect by a local guy who does stainless welding ect.. so at the minute it looking like this

im warming to the 18s and nearly went for 17" pro race 1.2s rather than replace the tyres on the pegs but the woman leon will need tyres soon and they are the same size as the contis on the pegs so il buy 225 35 18 toyo proxes fit the contis on her car

quick shot of the tail piece and should also see my carbon surround round the number plate you will notice the bumper greys arent great but have got some wurths stuff to sort them just need a dry day ect

relaced the clips that hold rear electric widow switches in place these were always loose in the car due to only one side of the switch having a silver clip sourced ones in the scrappy and switches now not moving at all

clips on either side now

clips in question

switch in place as it should be

you will notice day light through my arch liner

two sourced undamaged ect will be cleaned and fitted after smaller wall tyres are on and il redo the pop rivets on the mudflaps
    and was think scrivets where the bumper and liner attach so they are black ect

wurths bumper dye in anthricite grey purchased and will be sorted on a dry day

interior looking well and you will notice the speaker covers are missing as they where damaged/marked in places ive orderd another set havent arrived yet

and how it sits with the all important trickle/soloar caharger hooked up to condition the battery keep it good

also have the speedo working again ect by wiring to driver abs sensor......slight hicup think i crossed sensor wire to sensor and throwing abs light also going to change abs rings

what to come not in order but needed
    exhaust sorted/boost actuator checked
    source walbro fuel pump/fit
    tyres changed to 225 35 18 toyo proxes
    paint sorted/painted and polished
    bumper greys redone
    brake calipers/discs sourced and fitted
    new wiper blades
    undersealed and wire brushed painted in places
    release bearing changed
    abs light sorted/new rings maybe a abs module repair
    front arch liners changed
    and finally it will be mapped! unsure the route im going with this lol
    Last edited by martybelfastt5; Thursday 27th November 2014 at 17:29.
    1995 854 t5r

This user has no status
    Thanks
    had to cut two images from above

what the wurths will do do plastics one front flap done one not not a great pic lol

another shot of the 18s and the damaged they have caused up front to the liners

1995 854 t5r

This user has no status
    Thanks
    as for brakes i want these i gloss black like pictured i have the renault bracket for the front if they can be alterd for these they will failing that il sell them and buy cjs brackets of volospeed...on another not some one on volvospeed just fitted there 850 with boxster brakes all round looks awsome!
    front

rear
    1995 854 t5r

This user has no status
    Thanks
    better pic of the wurths treated mudflap
    1995 854 t5r

Wierdly beardly

Thanks
    Looking great Martin, thats a fine 850 Have you thought about painting the trim rather than treating it with Wurths? I reckon it'd look smart, a bit S70ish yes, but still smart.
    Currently - '96 850R auto

Previously - '97 S70 T5 manual, '98 V70R AWD auto, '98 V70R Auto in Nautic Blue Mica with LPG (went to Germany!), 1996 850R Auto, lots of various 940s, 960s and a crappy 850 2.0

This user has no status
    Thanks
    thanks pal wouldnt even consider colour coding it to be honest andys car is a good example of how it can look good but love the 850 how the trim breaks the colour and matches the wheels on a t5r
    1995 854 t5r

Wierdly beardly

Thanks
    Yep, Andy's car is a peach. Got to love the classic appeal of the std car too though.
    Currently - '96 850R auto

Previously - '97 S70 T5 manual, '98 V70R AWD auto, '98 V70R Auto in Nautic Blue Mica with LPG (went to Germany!), 1996 850R Auto, lots of various 940s, 960s and a crappy 850 2.0

Thread Information