Join Today
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    This user has no status
    Thanks

my manual 854 t5r in black

ok so as most know ive now owned this black t5r for two years or so and its barely moved this last year so it has 118k on the clockive been biulding up some stuff to do my overhaul/upgrades.. so thought id start a thread before i start fitting ect as im sure im going to need advice along the way lol so when i bought the car she was completly standard apart from a pipercross panel filter so i guess we start there with a picture

so all i done was drove her all be it quick in standard form i started wanting a bit more lol the brakes are terrible and she needed front arms so this was done first and helped a lot..but then i noticed she was poping out of second every now and again mostly on approach to juntions when dropping through gears which gradually became a second gear crunch so with this i parked her up and started to concentrate on what i want the car to become... so into the drive she went with the occasinal squirt round the estate ect.and the buying began well i was sidetraked when bought the s60R didnt last long tho as i preferd to fight with the 850 rather than relax in the 60 so it was sold

then i started to tinker with few bits in the drive....this is my biggest downfall as ive threatend to biuld a leantoo roof ect over my drive but never actually done it would love the car protected from the elements and would be a great space for working on it ect this list included
    clear side repeaters from s70
    changed all interior switches to grey from a 70 had to strip and rebiuld them all
    BSR induction kit and surround
    ALPINE cde-103bt head unit with ipod still need a pc9-414 cable to plug in the volvo subwoofer
    850R front and rear seats
    genuine volvo 850 strut brace
    quick shift kit
    new areial mast
    sourced my missing rear yellow 850 carpet mat
    and purchased some black rubber volvo trays
    changed some interior bulbs to led type
    also bought a 850R rear spoiler from america sourced on volvospeed forums
    fitted s70 roof strips they have biut in water stops on the screen dosent come in driver window lol
    s60 washer jets better spray pattern
    i also masked off recoloured all my grey bumper and door strips some pictures off this procedure lol aslo changed a couple of door strips as they where slightly out of shape and always caught my eye lol

the more eagle eyed will noticed i also stared playing with the headlights and indicators blacked out some of the reflector in the headlights removed the headlight wipers as they are a pain always staining my bonnet in the sun when washing the screen with the wipers lol when this was done indicators looked to bright so started experimenting with these which resulted in a blackish outline by spray the gap round the lense i think it looks good dont know if its just because the car is black or what but the modern volvos have this now lol so isnt out of place

this is the end result also done my grill black with outer chrome lip tried all black didnt like it

heres it all black

so its last outing was some pics with my freinds s70R he is nordicR on here

so its now in the drive again and has been neglected a bit but will easy turn round agin with some love ect since then i have now sourced
    an m59 and shafts
    new 850R sachs clutch
    05 16t with angled 3" out
    me7 mani
    H&R lowering springs
    a v70 awd 3" angled downpipe
    white injectors
    brackets from dallhousie for front megane 225 fourpots and rear brackets for porschse boxster fourpot rears
    got stainless braided lines and some rbf brakefluid for a flush
    new gtx castrol for engine and some service bits going to full stage 0 her inc new leads
    s70 handles to be coloured coded black
    new avon zv5s
    nice reg number for her too WIJ 188
    bought some wheel nut covers in black chrome effect
    and literally as soon as the weather allows im getting stuck in so still to source i need
    megane 225 front callipers
    boxster rear callipers
    cat back system >have this priced up will be powerflow i think< outward rolled tip
    some intercooler reverse piping will make it if i have too
    ecu map undecided but fancy turbotuner
    biggest problem i face ist that the m59 speedo runs of abs sensors on my m56 its cable driven kerryt5r has told me the boxes can be split and front casings changed so as the m59 will run a cable tho ive seen some stuff by merc and pedro on changing clocks to run sensor driven speedo???? so need some advice on this matter and any recomendations on upgrades will be great! so this is the start of my motivation the get the car sorted for summer for sure!
    Last edited by martybelfastt5; Thursday 7th February 2013 at 21:36.
    1995 854 t5r

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to martybelfastt5 For This Useful Post:

craigoodwood (Friday 8th February 2013),iancho (Tuesday 10th September 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 877 Posts
    good luck with it mate
    I'll be right behind you! lol

JT

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JT For This Useful Post:

martybelfastt5 (Thursday 7th February 2013)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Ill.still b in front lol
    Summer is approaching lets do this §§§§ get them back onthe road

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NORDIC R For This Useful Post:

Trader
    ???
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 Times in 2,155 Posts
    Looking awesome mate, Cant wait to get my R front bumper painted

8. The Following User Says Thank You to merc85 For This Useful Post:

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Looks lovley what did you use on the plastics

10. The Following User Says Thank You to t5 pete For This Useful Post:

This user has no status
    Thanks
    pete this stuff here
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Plasticare...df71ba7&_uhb=1
    to be honest probably would do it different next time use a sponge and thin this stuff down its very thick if you use a brush go over with a sponge straight after massage it in takes few coats on the bumpers but drys out exellent all greys the exact same colour looks great its sat for a year still looks great apparently this stuff is the best
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WURTH-PLAS...39199e9&_uhb=1
    Last edited by martybelfastt5; Thursday 7th February 2013 at 21:30.
    1995 854 t5r

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to martybelfastt5 For This Useful Post:

iancho (Tuesday 10th September 2013),t5 pete (Thursday 7th February 2013)

Needs more boost
    Thanks
    Lovely looking motor and some tasty uprades. We had a megane 225 and the brakes were unbelievable how much did you pay for the brackets? (pm me if you like)
    Cheers

This user has no status
    Thanks
    so been to the bodyshop today run by a freind and had in lengthy talk about painting the car so its going to body shop soon and not decided on a full respray or not....bits to be painted are
    bonnet
    front skirt
    bootlid
    rear spoiler
    door handles
    passenger side
    so its going down for a major clean inc inside the decide on whats to be done going to do a stage 0 before it moves
    so il update with photos when it begins
    1995 854 t5r

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to martybelfastt5 For This Useful Post:

iancho (Tuesday 10th September 2013),NORDIC R (Wednesday 1st May 2013),V70 Graham (Tuesday 30th April 2013)

This user has no status

Thanks
    oh ho the race is on....................

This user has no status
    Thanks
    ok about time this was bumped so stage zero to be done next few days orderd some stuff
    magnecore ht leads
    new genuine volvo plugs
    new rotor arm
    new distributor cap
    k&n oil filter
    blue magnetic oil sump plug with washer
    castrol gtx oil
    filter cleaner kit for bsr
    new cabin filter
    also going to change coolant/check thermostat
    new battery
    and a power steering fluid change
    car has been stood for a while now have lost motivation... never brought car to the bodyshop although have been there and had a detailed chat about her also noticed a 68k black 850 advertised so im investagting this before deciding on full respray some bit deffo going to paint even if this car is mint,,
    front bumper
    headlight under pieces
    colour coded handles
    850R spoiler going full black

bits im hoping to be better than mine on donor car will be
    bonnet
    bootlid
    passenger wing and two doors
    lol these had all been painted at some point and never made me happy from purchase tho cant really be seen if you dont know what your loooking for.......sure there be other bits i can use too only time will tell some point this week as its near a 200 mile journey to view it so il update as soon as im wiser.... want to get this back on track as i even started to look at other cars for myself but im sure one blast in her again and the love will be back.
    1995 854 t5r

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to martybelfastt5 For This Useful Post:

bonelorry (Tuesday 10th September 2013),iancho (Tuesday 10th September 2013),munster732 (Tuesday 10th September 2013)

Clueless about Cars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 747 Posts
    Great work Marty and a really interesting thread mate keep up the good work!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to iancho For This Useful Post:

martybelfastt5 (Saturday 14th September 2013)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    bit of an update just secured an s60R manifold og kingsfordG any hammering out the detail with graemewelch for a turbo back with cat did get what was though to be a me7 turned out it wasnt.. and had a 3" crack on it lol straight in the bin
    1995 854 t5r

Meh.....
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Nice mate I like it, good selection of mods there to upset the purists. Loving the sound of those brakes. Can't wait. Lol
    Let me know if you decide to flog the downpipe for any reason. I have a patient on the donar list.
    missing being Swedish

Previously:
    03 S40 Sport Lux 1.9d SOLD
    1998 MTE Stage 2 V70 T5 Manual SOLD
    1998 V70R AWD Manual BROKEN

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Biff For This Useful Post:

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,928 Posts
    Can't wait to see the results, the list sounds phenomenal, she's going to be one special car when done..

Gun Metal Grey - Volvo 850R - Saloon
    Thanks to Russ and team www.rtmechanics.co.uk

25. The Following User Says Thank You to AndysR For This Useful Post:

This user has no status
    Thanks
    ok so my delivery from pfv arrived with my little bag of pear drops mmm

got stuck in changed evrthing on the mechanical side just fluids to do next oil .power steering fluid.water and coolant on the down side went to fit my alpine cde103bt and somthing happend not sure popped into house to get my ipod to try the sound as i also got a pc9-414 audio lead to connect the alpine to the volvo original amp

...not sure of the benifits but read on voc helps a lot. anyway got back to the car radio now wont work..will have another fiddle tommorrow all live wires ect are they should be so could be the radio..had it fitted in the missus civic then lay in a cupboard for a while this upset me as it was a gift from my dad who is not with us 16 months or so,, another reason why i lost motivation in cars in general to be honest so car got
    new plugs and leads
    new distributor and rotor
    bsr cleaned and oiled
    fluids next day or so
    Last edited by martybelfastt5; Saturday 14th September 2013 at 10:54.
    1995 854 t5r

This user has no status

Thanks
    Very nice looking car Marty, Not many clean ones about so keep it up!

Good stuff

28. The Following User Says Thank You to bonelorry For This Useful Post:

This user has no status
    Thanks
    so anther update sun was out so enjoyed getting under the bonnet..........so put her up on four axle stands maybe stay like this until manifold turbo and exhaust is done

got suck in and done the oil and filter the blue sump plug i got didnt fit so not happy about that but dont mind changing oil to do that later...had 4.5 of gtx magnetec that was oldish shelf life was up so put that through her as a flush so heated and drained her twice then in with the gtx so oil lovely and clean way i like it

also got some leather colour restorer off the bay listed as volvo grey so set about hitting the seats with that some before and after shots worked a treat my passenger seat is worst as my interior was from a left hooker maybe will change this seat at some point due to the cracks on the leather

and some after shots

am going to go over it few times more so photos will follow
    and lastly pic of my new tyres of choice avon zv5s all round

on a good note had another check at my radio problem and my permanent live is down which has confused me as the original head unit work yesterday will crack this tomorrow....also going to change the power steering fluid..
    not fussed on coolant at the min as i assume it will need drained for the m59 and new clutch going in so needless to say she is purring like a cat lol more updates tomorrow!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to martybelfastt5 For This Useful Post:

stribo (Saturday 14th September 2013)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    had a good fiddle with the radio last night and really confused as the ignition live was down/wrong lol found ignition live and the radio wasnt connected to it lol...had this head unit in and worked perfectly before with no issues..but have put it down to whoever wired it originally as they have just cut in and joined wires/piggybacked off the loom so taiknig it all out repairing heat shrinking it all and have orederd the proper conversion leads put it in right and have done with it .
    1995 854 t5r

This user has no status
    Thanks
    this just arrived thanks to kingsfordG
    1995 854 t5r

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,665 Times in 1,419 Posts
    Have fun mate.

Thread Information