Join Today
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Meh.....
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iancho View Post
    Love the RIP kit mate, nice bit of Bling! It's good to read you have been collecting parts and now at last are getting them fitted Dave. I like the colour of the Calipers they should look good mate when on.

I'm interested to see how it looks lowered... you will have no problem at all getting round the Triangle next year
    By then I'm hoping for a locked transfer box & a custom prop if my idea works that is. lol I'll have to practise a few laps with the boys. Lol
    As soon as I have it completed I will give you my verdict, can't wait really mate!
    As for the bling, I'm afraid it's getting painted black, my plan is to do it all orange & black with silver details, I gave up on polishing years back & should we ever show together with our bonnets popped I'd like them to be different.
    Can't wait to take it out & see how it handles, it's cost me a bloody fortune & many late nights/skinned knuckles/bad language/cups of tea later the gear box is back on as is the bottom end back together after the crank seal went.
    Be nice to enjoy it for a bit. Lol
    Thanks Ian.
    Last edited by Biff; Monday 28th October 2013 at 08:34.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Biff For This Useful Post:

iancho (Tuesday 29th October 2013)

Clueless about Cars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 747 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Biff View Post
    By then I'm hoping for a locked transfer box & a custom prop if my idea works that is. lol I'll have to practise a few laps with the boys. Lol
    As soon as I have it completed I will give you my verdict, can't wait really mate!
    As for the bling, I'm afraid it's getting painted black, my plan is to do it all orange & black with silver details, I gave up on polishing years back & should we ever show together with our bonnets popped I'd like them to be different.
    Can't wait to take it out & see how it handles, it's cost me a bloody fortune & many late nights/skinned knuckles/bad language/cups of tea later the gear box is back on as is the bottom end back together after the crank seal went.
    Be nice to enjoy it for a bit. Lol
    Thanks Ian.
    I'm already looking forward to the Triangle in 2014 Dave and seeing your motor it's a totally mental day which you will really enjoy and if Mark comes in his Saffy it will be good to have 3 on show. Adrian did an excellent job this year. Plus Colin will be there just to show us all how it's done!

I've spent hours on my engine recently painting everything Black it looks much better now, just don't overdo the Orange or it will look naff!
    Keep it simple....
    I know all about cut knuckles and the odd swear word! None of these jobs are 5 minutes mate and they can be really awkward! lol
    I hope we do show together one day and who cares if they look the same? I certainly don't!

Will you not be affecting your AWD system by lowering the rear end Dave?

I'm hoping your list of Mod's go well mate as you seem to be taking this project in a totally different direction and breaking new ground!

Good luck!

Meh.....
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,118 Posts
    I'm already looking forward to the Triangle in 2014 Dave and seeing your motor it's a totally mental day which you will really enjoy and if Mark comes in his Saffy it will be good to have 3 on show. Adrian did an excellent job this year. Plus Colin will be there just to show us all how it's done!

I've spent hours on my engine recently painting everything Black it looks much better now, just don't overdo the Orange or it will look naff!
    Keep it simple....
    I know all about cut knuckles and the odd swear word! None of these jobs are 5 minutes mate and they can be really awkward! lol
    I hope we do show together one day and who cares if they look the same? I certainly don't!

I'm hoping your list of Mod's go well mate as you seem to be taking this project in a totally different direction and breaking new ground!

Good luck!
    Thanks mate, I'm having a break in work for the next few days then hopefully crack on & & get it back on the road this week. Mot on the 11th so I still have to solder my abs ecu. :s
    I've had it on authority by he who shall not be named & a few of the yanks that dropping it 50mm will not affect the awd or nivomats at all. I'll put them on & see if it affects the ride but again I've been told it won't at all. I do doubt things I've read online though! Lol
    I plan on painting my spark plug cover orange with black writing & then I'm done then bar maybe a black strut brace with orange splatter on it. everything else will be black or silver.
    I'm planning on attending trax next year & racking up a few miles to a few meets as I've not driven over 150 miles in a day yet due to dodgy brakes. Would be great to get the saffys together.
    Also planning a few other mods that I've not seen before but there is a fine line between going ott & keeping it right.
    Cheers for your input Ian, you've learnt the long process of v70r awd ownership & you are my Yoda!
    Oh the force is strong with this one.
    missing being Swedish

Previously:
    03 S40 Sport Lux 1.9d SOLD
    1998 MTE Stage 2 V70 T5 Manual SOLD
    1998 V70R AWD Manual BROKEN

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Biff For This Useful Post:

iancho (Tuesday 29th October 2013)

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts

Keep it simple....

Good luck!
    You never know, there may be a Saffy hairdressers' car there next year.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stribo For This Useful Post:

Biff (Tuesday 29th October 2013),iancho (Tuesday 29th October 2013)

Thread Information