Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This user has no status

Thanks
    I don't care...thrash it when its cold, tune as hard as you can. Treat your car like your women, treat 'em mean keep 'em keen!

Perhaps that's why i'm divorced, oh and my car is for sale, by the way if anyone is interested....

Seriously, its a bit obvious that tuning a car will have negative side affects as you are effectively running it harder than it was designed to...but you then balanace that with how you look after it ( servicing, oil changes how you drive it etc.). Cars are mechanical devices and all react differently as well..hence sometimes no matter how you trash one car it keeps running and others fail even with lots of loving care. So its a numbers game with risks..we all lose money on cars, its just how much really....god I'm getting a bit deep now!

Personally, I think the article says nothing more than the obvious...but that's no reason not to post it to spark debate. Good post Lee, its prompted some comments!!
    Ex-V70 T5 P2 Owner, and loved it!

Audi A4 2.0T - 220 BHP, Daytime
    Skyline R33 GTR - 400 BHP, Playtime!!

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by V8guitar
    Personally, I think the article says nothing more than the obvious...but that's no reason not to post it to spark debate. Good post Lee, its prompted some comments!!
    Thanks!

It wasnt posted for ppl to kick off and get all uperty about the tuning they have or havent done...it was merely a site i found that had commented on tuning Volvos. Thought it would be of interest for all other fellow T5 owners.
    Being as there surely isnt anyone here that follows this site, owns a T5 and has NOT modded their T5 in some way...from simply adding a K&N insert to spending 15k modding and getting 1000bhp out of there motor, at the end of the day a Mod is a Mod is a Mod!!

Happy tuning guys.

ps mines a MBC and stealth boost guage coming very soon!!!
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Just caught this thread (thanks for the follow-up post LeeT5) ... had a quick look at the site and their main advert at the top of the page is for TME remaps .... so, presumably, they're saying that remaps are okay but replacement/piggy-back 'tuning chips' are not?

In that case, I'll stay chilled
    Last edited by GuyD5; Sunday 23rd October 2005 at 23:37.
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something - Plato

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5
    Being as there surely isnt anyone here that follows this site, owns a T5 and has NOT modded their T5 in some way...
    OK! OK! Give me a freakin' chance, I've only had it 2 weeks! Sheesh!

My strut brace has arrived so I'm collecting it on Saturday.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hi,

It's that old chestnut again, make yourself look good by rubbishing the competition. It might be the way to sell things in Sweden but I can tell you it doesn't work in the UK ! I would like to draw your attention to the last paragraph:

"However, there are exceptions. Volvo has developed a range of Genuine Volvo accessories for demanding customers who whant more than a family car, without jeopardising our core values of safety, quality and enviromental cencern

This range, which is known as Performance Line, is based, aming other things, on experience acquired from the racing cars competing in the BTCC, where Rickard Rydell is one of the figureheads. One example of these products is a shock absorber from Öhlins, which has been shown to reduce lap times dramatically in motor racing.

If it functions well on the racing track, it can naturally also be used in normal traffic"

Having read that it becomes clear that this artical, with very little scientific value, is just another thinly vailed sales tactic trying to get you to waste your money on racing suspension for your road car.

Anyway Chiptuning functions well on the race track ! So there.

Regards,
    Hamish.
    Chip Tuning Ltd.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hamish

"If it functions well on the racing track, it can naturally also be used in normal traffic"
    Yep, that is indeed total cr@p. If that was true we would all be driving around with competition paddle clutches which in most cases would be absolutely rubbish. Racing parts (suspension as used in the example above by hamish) are normally toned down quite a lot for normal road use, cause lets face it Uk roads are nowhere near as smooth as a race track, in some cases they are like rally cross (especially up in Scotland )

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hamish
    "If it functions well on the racing track, it can naturally also be used in normal traffic"
    LMAO

All kinds of mods designed for track/performance use will be absolutely horrific to use on the road.. I can't believe someone was stupid enough to write that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbly Dave
    I shall be over to Wales when you return, with a boot full of bubble wrap

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeast
    Yep, that is indeed total cr@p. If that was true we would all be driving around with competition paddle clutches which in most cases would be absolutely rubbish. Racing parts (suspension as used in the example above by hamish) are normally toned down quite a lot for normal road use, cause lets face it Uk roads are nowhere near as smooth as a race track, in some cases they are like rally cross (especially up in Scotland )
    thats one good reason why the volvo came up with the 4c concept and those 3 little buttons on the dash

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dave
    thats one good reason why the volvo came up with the 4c concept and those 3 little buttons on the dash
    Of which the Comfort mode is the only one that's suitable for most UK roads!! LOL

Adam.

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by volvotuning
    Of which the Comfort mode is the only one that's suitable for most UK roads!! LOL

Adam.
    no, i can quite happly drive in comfort and sport all day long, advanced noway, but if its a road i know, or a roundabout i will switch on advanced for a few corners, advanced is for the track, which is wot it was designed for

dave

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I was jesting!!!

I know you can use sports, but it does depend on the roads. Like you say, forget about advanced unless on the track.

Adam.

Thread Information