Join Today
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Nice little unit I have one which I always use when cars left a airport car parks never had a problem starting the car even when it's been very cold for a couple of weeks,great idea i keep it in the boot all year round.
    How does it work in the boot?

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
    How does it work in the boot?
    It only take it out of the boot when we are at the airport......,I store it next to the spare wheel.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    It only take it out of the boot when we are at the airport......,I store it next to the spare wheel.
    Now I look like a numpty.....guess that's what happens when you try to extract the Michael.

This user has no status

Thanks
    I am not sure if the offer is still on but Maplins were doing an offer on the next size up from the one featured before, for around about the same money

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
    Now I look like a numpty.....guess that's what happens when you try to extract the Michael.
    I guess I could have said I leave the light on in the boot which makes it work great,perpetual energy easy one.

in dilema near ilford
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    An acceptable drain is anything up to and including 0.20 amps. Remembering of course that ecu's can take anything up to 10 minutes to power down. So always come to a final conclusion after this.

Regards the alternator, it needs to be tested under load. I advise having a garage check it as if you do it incorrectly and do not understand the readings on both sides of the battery then you can easily be led up the garden path. There are many things to consider before condemning an alternator including the condition of the battery. Getting it wrong will cost lots of money.
    Oh yes in deedy sorry to revive this again but still cant get to the bottom of the battery drain. Did replace the alternator and yep made no bleedin difference at all. Car running very well Witness the fact it's just done over 2000 mile round trip to Hungary and back without issue, the car if used regularish at least once every 3/4 days gives no probs at all but left for longer and battery will be flat. Changed the alternator on the insistence/assurance of my hmmm aquaintance? lol and its made no bleeding difference at all grrrr. as said before getting readings of 0.13/0.14 amps with meter connected in line on battery lead and pulling fuses in turn and getting no real difference in the readings. have just disconnected towbar relays to try and eliminate these, Helppppppppppp

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 5seaterT5x2 View Post
    Oh yes in deedy sorry to revive this again but still cant get to the bottom of the battery drain. Did replace the alternator and yep made no bleedin difference at all. Car running very well Witness the fact it's just done over 2000 mile round trip to Hungary and back without issue, the car if used regularish at least once every 3/4 days gives no probs at all but left for longer and battery will be flat. Changed the alternator on the insistence/assurance of my hmmm aquaintance? lol and its made no bleeding difference at all grrrr. as said before getting readings of 0.13/0.14 amps with meter connected in line on battery lead and pulling fuses in turn and getting no real difference in the readings. have just disconnected towbar relays to try and eliminate these, Helppppppppppp
    You obviously didn't read my post correctly as I did say that a reading of up to 0.20 amps is acceptable!
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

in dilema near ilford
    Thanks
    Ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa sussed the little B****** decide to go through the motions again of pulling fuse etc and it SEEMS to be fuse 16 no idea why this did'nt show up before but better late than never lol (power antenna and towbar?) tracked this down monday pretty much left car all week and it started with no problem this morning yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa have had several erm experts look at it and to no avail except making my wallet lighter Now the power antenna aspect i aint to bothered about as i dont have one But i think somewhere i read all of these cars/or some of them at least are prewired for a towbar? could this be the problem? have had a look under boot floor and all i can find is a small blue box a lamp control? dont think this is it? is there something else i should be looking for? Yerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Thread Information