Join Today
    Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks

2002 S60 T5 with HID dips?

So annoyed at my self ordered some Osram nightbreaker H7 bulbs to fit to the S60 only to find that the car has HID bulbs, I know I should of checked but I didn't think they were available on the model for that year, its doesn't look like an after market kit either which is weird, does anyone know of these being fitted as standard on the 2002 models.

I also have a side light out, does anyone know how to get to the fitting I can see where it is but can barely get my hand in to even touch the fitting.

Old Fat Git with Grey Beard
    Need to prepare to do
    Santa-ing
    Thanks
    Thanked 102,999 Times in 1,826 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ExternalError View Post
    So annoyed at my self ordered some Osram nightbreaker H7 bulbs to fit to the S60 only to find that the car has HID bulbs, I know I should of checked but I didn't think they were available on the model for that year, its doesn't look like an after market kit either which is weird, does anyone know of these being fitted as standard on the 2002 models.

I also have a side light out, does anyone know how to get to the fitting I can see where it is but can barely get my hand in to even touch the fitting.
    Think HIDs were an option mate, are they not bright enough for you?

The first and last time my sidelights were out the car was at the garage anyway..............so as the guys were under the bonnet anyway it was easier for them to change the bulbs lol
    Any suggestions, information, complaints or grievances relating to this forum please feel free to contact us, talk to a mod or administrator

Cars : 2009 VW Passat CC 140 CR & 2015 VW Golf R. Uploaded Albums. Past Statuses (Or is that Stati?). Past Posts.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Now that's funny.

Sorry but it did make me laugh.

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    yeah the dips were bright enough but seeing as I had the side light bulb needing to be replaced I thought I may as well go and do them all, it was mainly cosmetic as the dips are bright white but the full beams and spots are more yellow so I got the full beam and spotlight bulbs to match and thought I may as well grab the H7 while I was at it. Came to fit them today and found that the full beams are HB3A's not HB3's which was what was suggested for my car and the sides and spots are a bit of a pig to get to so not a happy bunny, Oh well I'll have a look to see if I can get a wiring harnes connector for the full beams to go from HB3A to HB3 and then have a play next weekend with the other fittings. The joys of motoring.

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    I just pull the wire to get my sides out, they don't put up much of a fight. You sure you're going for the right one? It's under the dipped - beam cap.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

Norfolk born and bred.
    Give me a high 6!!!
    Thanks
    If changing the headlight bulbs on your car is the same as on my V70, then unless you have the hands of a 12 year old girl, it could well be a bumper off job. Which in itself is a pain in the ar3e.
    Xenons do go dim over time. I had one flickering so had it replaced. When I went out that night, the new one was double the brightness of the old one. The xenon gas over time loses its light producing qualities.
    If you think they are not as bright as they should, get them done while you do high beam.

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    I don't know why you lot moan about how hard it is to get at the bulbs on these cars.
    You wanna try changing the sidelights on a 2003 accord or better still, the dipped beam on a 2nd edition megane.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Its getting dark now so ill leave it till the weekend.

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    thanks for the suggestions and I'll have a look at them and I'm also glad I gave some of you a chuckle

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by M-R-P View Post
    I don't know why you lot moan about how hard it is to get at the bulbs on these cars.
    You wanna try changing the sidelights on a 2003 accord or better still, the dipped beam on a 2nd edition megane.
    Sidelights on an S2000? Anything on the front of a Z4M?

The newer Volvos are trickier than the older ones, but still pretty OK from my experience.

Still frustrating to do the monkey-wrist thing and then find you can't put the bulbs in that you planned!
    Alastair
    Current: 2009 Cayenne GTS and a 2016 Prius IV... yes.
    Previous Volvos: 2009 V50 D5 R-Design, 2005 V70R, 2001 V70 T5, 2001 S40 T4, 2x 1999 S40 T4, 2003 V40 T4, 1999 V70 T5, 1996 854 T5 & 855 T5, 1995 855 T5, and a 480...
    Previous other stuff: Saxo Turbo, 2004 996 C4S, 2008 Z4M, 2001 Yaris T-Sport, 2002 S2000 Mugen, and a 1999 Evo VI

Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Thats the problem, I have gorilla wrists not monkey wrists

Thread Information