Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SpongeBob Foamypants
    Back in a V70 and happy!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,449 Times in 1,272 Posts

Boost gauge wired in to my p1 V70 R , just need hose now.

I'm fitting a boost gauge to my V70 R which is under boosting for some reason. Wired it into the headlight switch and it's all lit up nicely, but I just need the hose now to connect to the vac tree. I've ordered some hose of the bay.

Hopefully by next weekend I'll know exactly what is happening or isn't happening as the case may be.

This user has no status

Thanks
    I bought a V70 R last month and it was so underpowered. I stuck my boost gauge on only had 4psi. Turned out to be the electronic boost controller.

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Thanks
    I'm similar in that mine was only boosting at 0.4 bar at the recent Wakefield RR day. I have a bcs to fit, but I just want to see what the gauge reading is before I do anything. Glad that you sorted yours.

This user has no status

Thanks
    I was running 7psi. Found out it was degraded vac lines, so i replaced all of them . £8. Boost went straight up to 12-14. Now have Forge MBC and its now hitting 18psi.
    Also Foammanmark... you should of poped the dash dimer switched out and tapped into that . I did that and my boost gauge now dims with the switch along with all the other lights.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudeyboy18 View Post
    I was running 7psi. Found out it was degraded vac lines, so i replaced all of them . £8. Boost went straight up to 12-14. Now have Forge MBC and its now hitting 18psi.
    Also Foammanmark... you should of poped the dash dimer switched out and tapped into that . I did that and my boost gauge now dims with the switch along with all the other lights.
    I fekin love this idea!!

I got a boost gauge here, just debating where to put it. Also I was thinking about using nylon tubing with a 3mm bore and silicone vacuum hose to do the joins, what do we think about this?

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    I have solid nylon 2mm tubing right through from the T in the recirc pipe to the gauge. Makes it really easy to thread through the car as it's so solid.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

This user has no status

Thanks
    o.k cool, what size internal bore silicone tube did you use to connect it to the gauge?

I was thinking about doing the whole car like this and just using cable ties to hold the vacuum pipes on!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thad1 View Post
    o.k cool, what size internal bore silicone tube did you use to connect it to the gauge?

I was thinking about doing the whole car like this and just using cable ties to hold the vacuum pipes on!
    Originally, I had a swoosh gauge and the 2mm went straight on to the nipple on the back but I had to replace it a while ago and used some 3mm I/D silicone to connect it.

I wouldn't use nylon to do the whole car - it doesn't cope with heat too well and you'll be replacing it in no time.

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

This user has no status

Thanks
    Fitted my boost gauge today and only getting 0.5bar of pressure, looks like pipe replacement will be happening after reading this thread!

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,791 Posts
    I've just removed my boost gauge,lol.. I'll keep it but as and when I get around to re fitting it I'll find a better place for it than wobbling about on top of the dash.
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/Gal72..._s_Gallery.asp

Currently rocking Volvo's finest V70R 2WD Manual

Previous cars:
    1996 855 T5 (Ex Police),1996 854 T5,1996 855 T5,1995 855 Black T-5R,1996 960,1997 855 R

This user has no status

Thanks
    Was thinking the same with the wobbliness, not sure where else to put it without buying a pillar pod, oh and a replacement speaker cover!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 1112lewis For This Useful Post:

Tomcat (Saturday 27th April 2013)

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,791 Posts
    Yeah I know what you mean, mine was just stuck on top of the speaker grill and it looked sooo fekkin stupid wobbling all over the place. Thought of putting it in the glove box as you're only ever going to want to look at it if the car doesnt feel right, Meh... I'll decide at some point, until then it can live in it's box in the garage,lol.
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/Gal72..._s_Gallery.asp

Currently rocking Volvo's finest V70R 2WD Manual

Previous cars:
    1996 855 T5 (Ex Police),1996 854 T5,1996 855 T5,1995 855 Black T-5R,1996 960,1997 855 R

This user has no status

Thanks
    lol! Good thing to have about, would never have known my car was underpowered without it!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to 1112lewis For This Useful Post:

Tomcat (Saturday 27th April 2013)

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1112lewis View Post
    lol! Good thing to have about, would never have known my car was underpowered without it!
    After I fully fitted the gauge, mine was boosting at 11-12psi, but I also changed the ecu back to standard. The custom map just didn't work with my car for whatever reason.

This user has no status

Thanks
    I refitted today and can just about stretch to 0.6bar now, after meeting a few of the volvo bods on here I found that mine is right at around 7 psi as it hasn't been remapped yet and is standard boost! it gets to0.6bar and stays there so i assume all is ok with it!

My Car Will Never Be
    'Finished'
    Thanks
    I've fitted one to my 2.5T ph1 v70 AWD, Boosts to 5psi max, think i've got a boost problem so i need to look into that.
    I've put my gauge in the air vent in the middle of the dash closest to the driver

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hi dan, have you got a picture of this? I'm intrigued!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan H View Post
    I've fitted one to my 2.5T ph1 v70 AWD, Boosts to 5psi max, think i've got a boost problem so i need to look into that.
    I've put my gauge in the air vent in the middle of the dash closest to the driver
    5-6 psi is about right for a LPT engine mate.

Lewis....

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

21. The Following User Says Thank You to M-R-P For This Useful Post:

1112lewis (Wednesday 1st May 2013)

HAPPY DAYS

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    Yeah I know what you mean, mine was just stuck on top of the speaker grill and it looked sooo fekkin stupid wobbling all over the place. Thought of putting it in the glove box as you're only ever going to want to look at it if the car doesnt feel right, Meh... I'll decide at some point, until then it can live in it's box in the garage,lol.
    I hoped to use a stealth position like this, until I tried it......woooaaahhh, probably not best pinning your car whilst looking downwards......note to self, when moosing keep eyes firmly on the road!!

.....so I think it needs to be in as direct view of the road as possible without getting in the way, then you can use peripheral vision to keep an eye on the boost, hence the door pillar position being very common.

I have the dolby central speaker on top of my dash and was considering deleting this and making a flip up pod (almost like the sat nav screen in the same C70 dash - possibly even utilizing the sat nav lid??). Ideally it would look stock when closed and also it wouldn't be so blatently obvious as most pillar mounts do!

WHY DOESN'T MY SIGNATURE WORK??? ...IT DOES NOW! :-)

23. The Following User Says Thank You to MA'R'K For This Useful Post:

Tomcat (Thursday 2nd May 2013)

This user has no status

Thanks
    does look a good place to keep the pod in the air vent, at least it is out of the way! the flip up satnav lid sounds good too!

Thread Information