Join Today
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks

my 850 t5 with some stuff removed :D

with my new job ive managed to clear a fair bit of my debts off, which means i now have a little spare cash at the end of the week,i dont do drugs(anymore lol),or drink much,so i thought i should "invest" it into my newly purchased brick

the plans arent to drastic,im just looking to lighten it a little,with a few performance upgrades which imo will make a useable daily driver that in turn will upset alot of the "bigger" boys

ive pretty much got in mind what i want doing regarding the performance bits and the interior,but the outside is a bit of a dilema!! i was recently inspired by claymore's vinyl work (if you havent seen it go check it out) but,ive not got the confidence to follow suit mine is the gunmetal/graphite metallic grey,and is in need of a good mop down or even a lick of paint!! so with that in mind i thought i would change the colour and go for the white,and the obvious vinyl addition later on but at the same time it is a lovely colour and i dont know if i should change it or stick with the grey and do something completely original as inspired by mr claymore??

anyway i will add photos as and when,and fingers crossed itll be ready for the summer,thanks for reading my dribble and ill look forward to your feedback as i move along
    Last edited by theflyingbrick; Sunday 20th May 2012 at 20:58.

full respray..plenty of body mods..comets..ray cat back noise pipe..decat and wrapped downpipe..me7 exhaust manifold..3" throttle body with ported inlet manifold..blue injectors..adjustable fuel reg..reverse intercooler pipework..19t..open cone air filter..255 fuel pump..m-r-p short shift..boost gauge..unknown remap..adjustable suspension..lightweight crank pulley..n/a cams..stripped out interior..and a heavy right foot

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to theflyingbrick For This Useful Post:

claymore (Sunday 20th May 2012),Dangerous Dave (Sunday 20th May 2012),Wobbly Dave (Thursday 4th October 2012)

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

4. The Following User Says Thank You to claymore For This Useful Post:

theflyingbrick (Sunday 20th May 2012)

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
    honestly youve really messed me up,i was hell bent on a white one with the btcc sticker kit,but everytime i look as yours it makes me smile so much so that ive made up my mind,im gonna stick with the grey and do something very similar to yours i think ill do a bit of photoshop work first just to see what sort of colours would match it best then just go for it whats the worst that could happen??

full respray..plenty of body mods..comets..ray cat back noise pipe..decat and wrapped downpipe..me7 exhaust manifold..3" throttle body with ported inlet manifold..blue injectors..adjustable fuel reg..reverse intercooler pipework..19t..open cone air filter..255 fuel pump..m-r-p short shift..boost gauge..unknown remap..adjustable suspension..lightweight crank pulley..n/a cams..stripped out interior..and a heavy right foot

Whiny Old Git
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by theflyingbrick View Post
    honestly youve really messed me up,i was hell bent on a white one with the btcc sticker kit,but everytime i look as yours it makes me smile so much so that ive made up my mind,im gonna stick with the grey and do something very similar to yours i think ill do a bit of photoshop work first just to see what sort of colours would match it best then just go for it whats the worst that could happen??
    Good for you , try looking at different makes of touring cars for inspiration
    PIC][/SIGPIC]

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

7. The Following User Says Thank You to claymore For This Useful Post:

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    Good for you , try looking at different makes of touring cars for inspiration
    ruddy good idea,ive sort of had blinkers on just looking at the rydell car,but i think a btcc inspired car would be the way foward

oh and what splitter is that on your front bumper?? i never noticed it before but it looks the nuts

Whiny Old Git
    Thanks

PIC][/SIGPIC]

10. The Following User Says Thank You to claymore For This Useful Post:

Dare to be Different
    vinny is getting a
    revamp....be back soon
    Thanks
    give me a shout if you need help anytime............
    "dare to be different"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to t5steve For This Useful Post:

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5steve View Post
    give me a shout if you need help anytime............
    you can count on that mate hope you got plenty of filler lol

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts

I never noticed you had a splitter off a datsun. lol
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

Dare to be Different
    vinny is getting a
    revamp....be back soon
    Thanks
    you can count on that mate hope you got plenty of filler lol
    ha ha now don't go weighing it down with filler
    "dare to be different"

16. The Following User Says Thank You to t5steve For This Useful Post:

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    ive got a few ideas rattling about my canister,but im unsure at present,ive posted a photoshop request thread so hopefully i can get a definate plan of action sorted,but if it doesnt look any good then i might do it matte black,with some gloss black bits to break it up a little!! what are you like spraying matte black lol

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    not much of an update, working looooong hours at the minute to make that all important money so not much time for slepping let alone working on the car but the its booked in for an mot on wednesday and depending on the outcome next weekend will be go go go,hopefully besides the body work the car will have a few improvements ready for the 17th of june drag meet fingers crossed

Dare to be Different
    vinny is getting a
    revamp....be back soon
    Thanks
    ive got a few ideas rattling about my canister,but im unsure at present,ive posted a photoshop request thread so hopefully i can get a definate plan of action sorted,but if it doesnt look any good then i might do it matte black,with some gloss black bits to break it up a little!! what are you like spraying matte black lol
    go with satin black not matt black..............it looks better and lasts longer

won't be the first nor last
    "dare to be different"

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    im sure it will be a good build when finished, what happened to your grey 854?

Dare to be Different
    vinny is getting a
    revamp....be back soon
    Thanks
    gone to the great parts shop in the sky ................with a bent rod
    "dare to be different"

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    this is the grey one lol the olive one bent a rod and is now a coke can!!

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    steve i think it will be satin black mate,but you wont see much of it once the vinyls go on

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    well just to let you all know it failed the mot..........no surprise considering it was a 300 quid car off of a farm in devon..........however what it failed on was surprising,3 bald tyres i knew they was bad but didnt want to spend a penny on her before i knew the full extent of works needed,im well chuffed,so today i gave her a full service including plugs,leads,rotor arm,distributor cap etc etc and also changed the pcv as it was chuffing a bit of smoke out the dip stick so thats it for know hopefully she holds out for north weald next weekend where i will also be having a "meeting" with our very own t5steve to discuss colours and patterns and different ideas for the body work,then the real fun begins..................under the bonnet

Dare to be Different
    vinny is getting a
    revamp....be back soon
    Thanks
    looking forward to next weekend...................good to see updates mate..............hope the old girl has lost some weight...........
    "dare to be different"

Dare to be Different
    vinny is getting a
    revamp....be back soon
    Thanks
    forgot to ask is dash still in car?.................if so i have a present for you............will bring it with me next week..........
    "dare to be different"

Thread Information