Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

57 Plate V50 R Design, Any known cause's ??

Currently has a leaking issue coming into pass side foot well? Looks to be coming in from above? Does any body know of a common fault that could be causing this? Is it from roof runners or sunroof? Any body's help would be appreciated, has had window screen replaced but still the same. Cheers Pete

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peteT5 View Post
    Currently has a leaking issue coming into pass side foot well? Looks to be coming in from above? Does any body know of a common fault that could be causing this? Is it from roof runners or sunroof? Any body's help would be appreciated, has had window screen replaced but still the same. Cheers Pete
    The fault is in the question mate!

I bet ten bucks that the windscreen has not been sealed properly.
    I would also check that the scuttle is not full of water from blocked drainage points. If the roof was leaking then your head would be wet and roof rails do not penetrate the cabin.
    Last edited by LeeT5; Tuesday 6th November 2012 at 07:13.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Initial thought was window screen so cracked it got it replaced however leak carried on called them out saying it was leaking so they came back out, checked it and confirmed it wasn't that. The only other thing it could possibly be is the sunroof maybe?

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Nosh was saying that the sunroof on his car has a small pipe that runs down the inside of the A pillar that drains water from the sunroof and venting somewhere in the engine bay. the pipe often popps-off the connection and fills the footwell with water.
    In fact, he started a thread on it on the dark side (VT).
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Ok cheers Is there any chance you could put a link up for the thread he started please?

Many Thanks

Thanks
    "This has happened numerous times since i have owned the car and it f**king annoying...
    it seems that everytime the car is jacked up or i go over to many potholes (bit hard to avoid in sheffield ) and it rains i then get a footwell full of §§§§ty rain water...
    iv found the problem but it just keeps happening..
    the drain from the sunroof comes across the top of the car & then down the windowscreen pillar into the drain & whats happening is that the pipe is coming out of the rubber grommet/connecter... i cant glue it as its in such a small space & you cant see what your doing & i dont want to block the pipe up completely!!
    i have resorted to drilling a couple of drain holes in the floor as i have sucked up over 5 litres of water with the carpet cleaner... & as we all know sitting water is no good for anything especially with all the electrics under the carpet...
    so any ideas peeps please ????? "

Link

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Sounds like he's a bit brassed off to say the least.

I have been unfaithful to
    Volvo twice since joining this
    forum but it's only for more
    than 5 pots nuf said
    Thanks
    I havent had this issue with my V50 but I don't have a sunroof. Good luck getting a fix
    2004 V50 T5 SE

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I've managed to fix the issue for now I seperated the pipe and blew down the pipe to which it was clear when I blew up to the sunroof it made a little pop noise and all the water came running through and solved the leak connected it all back up poured some water in to the sunroof and flowed through to the wheel arch! Happy Days

Thanks
    Result

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

SOLD

Thread Information