Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    black saloons i think there is only 3 or 4 left!!
    and i have a manual one he.he.he
    1995 854 t5r

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lsvolvo1 View Post
    Rarest is the black, mostly its yellow and black on M-reg and N-reg mostly green.

Saloons much are rarer, black saloons i think there is only 3 or 4 left!!
    Would be interested where you got your info from ??

Black is certainly not the rarest

Yellow are worth the most, hence more desirable, as the only "unique" colour to the range, Black and Olive Pearl were available across the whole 850 range

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moleadrian View Post
    Not me, ( unfortunately, I lack most of the asking price...lol ) would be nice if it was a forum member, then we'll all be able to have a good look around it and see if it really is worth the money and I was under the impression that Olive Green was the rare one. It would be interesting to know what deal was done and how much it is costing the new owner ?
    I have seen this one,, and it was sold for full asking price,, and going to a collector, who is certainly no idiot
    As clean as the one i bought new in 94,

As the add said,, try and find another one,,

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    and the funny thing is that yellow is the last colour i'd want in an 850.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

VPCUK reigning car of the year
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,777 Times in 1,607 Posts
    I know of a black salon manual with 19k from new, it's sits on axle stands and it's gorgeous... He also has a 911 rs, intergrale Evo 2 and Subaru P1. I think he knows about rare cars !!! It's a shame he's ginger!!! Sorry Tim if you read this.

Banned
    Power of a Sports Car, Turning
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    And there was me thinking I'd brought a bargain......

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foammanmark View Post
    I drooled over this car for many hours, but did notice hat it was up for £7995 and then when it sold it went upto £8995. I wish that I'd made the trip up Scotland to see the gul 855 t5r which was up for £2995 with 184k on the clock, as I really want one of these cars.
    Its back up for sale and heading down the country ..its in Cumbria now for 2600

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Banana View Post
    Its back up for sale and heading down the country ..its in Cumbria now for 2600
    It's currently sitting on Fleabay at £2050 with no bids, another thread on this forum related to this car kinda makes me want to run a mile, and I'm looking for a good T5!

This user has no status

Thanks
    I spoke to the guy selling it as I was going up for butchers, but cancelled on him after the comments given on here along side contradictions and lack of knowledge from the owner. He reckoned that within 12 hours of listing he had 70 people watching it (probably all of you regulars from this forum ). I also spoke to the mechanic who did the last service for quite some time last week, I not convinced at all, I think that car will be a real heart breaker

I'd also like to point out I have many many more pics than the one's he's posted, of damage he has not mentioned in the ebay listing...

*****EDIT

It's been pulled from ebay, no trace! however, he's relisted it on Gumtree at £2550, again with different info to the first gumtree listing and the ebay listing.
    Last edited by Nifton; Wednesday 21st November 2012 at 15:18.

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Back in a V70 and happy!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,449 Times in 1,272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifton View Post
    I spoke to the guy selling it as I was going up for butchers, but cancelled on him after the comments given on here along side contradictions and lack of knowledge from the owner. He reckoned that within 12 hours of listing he had 70 people watching it (probably all of you regulars from this forum ). I also spoke to the mechanic who did the last service for quite some time last week, I not convinced at all, I think that car will be a real heart breaker

I'd also like to point out I have many many more pics than the one's he's posted, of damage he has not mentioned in the ebay listing...

*****EDIT

It's been pulled from ebay, no trace! however, he's relisted it on Gumtree at £2550, again with different info to the first gumtree listing and the ebay listing.
    So it hasn't sold for £2,100 as the listing on ebay states then? I so nearly bought this car when it was up in Fife.

This user has no status

Thanks
    It's shown as having sold for £2100, a questionable gamble that may or may not pay off based on the info presented.

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Back in a V70 and happy!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,449 Times in 1,272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinchcliff View Post
    It's shown as having sold for £2100, a questionable gamble that may or may not pay off based on the info presented.
    I found it on Gumtree eventually, but it seems to be under Audi?

This user has no status

Thanks
    Yeah, well considering he wanted 2950 off me for it last weekend (had I attended) it seems like he's quite keen to get shot!! IF he could've shown me a receipt for the con rods then I may have been tempted, what had me most worried was the garage telling me that the owner thought the clutch was slipping but it was infact the boost valve notched up so high it was lighting the tires on every gear change... Ah well, best of luck to the new owner, unless that 2100 bid was one of his mates trying to get the bidding started...

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ101 View Post
    Some of you lot really do not know much at all !!

Who actually knows this T5R ??
    Who has seen it ??

Guessed so,, none of you

Where can you find a T5R with anywhere near the condition or miles of this one,, Fact is you won't

Olive Green was the most common colour, majority on "N" Plates

Crème Yellow manual estates were/are the rarest !

As for the comment "A fool and his money..." If the car is kept in the condition its in now,, will always be saleable for decent money, much more that the scrap that was linked to in a post above. and prodably rise in value

Also it was nearer £9k,, not 8k

PS, what odds are you giving for when it will re-advertised ??? Love to take some money off you
    I knew I should have taken that bet.
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to claymore For This Useful Post:

iancho (Monday 14th January 2013),Nealevo (Sunday 13th January 2013)

This user has no status

Thanks
    seems to be a popular car as it has sold again on ebay

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,497 Posts
    Welcome back Dana.....Are you the same Dana Mina who called us quote "I think VPCUK are a bunch of incompetent morons" in one of your sale ads?

Still feels appropriate....

Last edited by stephenevans99; Thursday 24th January 2013 at 07:30.

This user has no status

Thanks
    hello everyone its the same guy in birmingham [dana] i apologise to everyone who were offended by my stupid brother who bought that gull t5r or faded gull as i use to call it ,he is into his japanese cars now,me i still drive an olive green t5r manual saloon which i bought from a guy in hatfield last year, i sold my previous one,i also own a s70r in saffron its an auto i think a vpcuk forum member owned it before its number plate reads s70rrs would love to chat to the person if his on this forum also if any one knows of any titans for my 850 t5r for sale anywhere i would very much appreciate it as my car is sitting on 17inch pegasus alloys which look great but i would much prefer the titans thanks again everyone

Thread Information