Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    This user has no status
    Thanks

8k ebay gul has sold.............

1995 854 t5r

Clueless about Cars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 747 Posts
    yeah i saw it yesterday.... you know what they say.... A fool and his money....

Balder than My Tyres...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 711 Posts
    In a way it was stupid money, but for a lot of people it's pocket money and on a low mileage machine like that, probably one to lay up for a few years. If you look at some of the rubbish cars from the 70s like Avengers, Horizons and the like going for £8k it's probably not an awful investment...but not for me.
    KISS Rs

850R manual, Rica 310, IKEA fitted bathroom, H&C running water, Jetex 2.5", pipe rack, cap stand, Forge BOV, circular wheels with full 360 degree rotation, 302mm discs, IPD front and rear anti-roll bars, numerous shiny features, sub-atomic particle accelerator, VTOL capability ...Volvo With Attitude!!!
    Also to be seen in a gold Honda CR-V these days...

"It's really fast, and growls like a tiger!"

Gearbox Killer
    Proving the power of the
    15g....13.4@104.3mph
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,673 Times in 1,797 Posts
    Not me, ( unfortunately, I lack most of the asking price...lol ) would be nice if it was a forum member, then we'll all be able to have a good look around it and see if it really is worth the money and I was under the impression that Olive Green was the rare one. It would be interesting to know what deal was done and how much it is costing the new owner ?

Found this at wiki....
    T-5R

Volvo 850 T-5R at the Volvo Museum

In 1995, a high performance model, developed in part with Porsche, was released and designated the T-5R. The vehicle was based on the 850 Turbo, utilizing the B5234T3 engine with a special ECU (Bosch #628) that added an additional 2 psi (0.1 bar) of turbocharger boost pressure,[2] giving the engine an extra 18 hp (13 kW; 18 PS) for a total of 243 hp (181 kW) and 221 lb·ft (300 N·m) of torque. The engine was mated to a 4-speed automatic transmission. The T-5R was renowned as a sleeper car; despite its boxy, understated appearance, it boasted a drag coefficient of 0.29 and was capable of accelerating from 0 to 60 mph (97 km/h) in 5.8-6.5 seconds (depending on transmission and body type). The top speed was electronically limited to 155 mph (249 km/h). The vehicle came standard with Pirelli P-Zero tires, providing lateral grip of 0.88 g. The engine tuning was co-developed with Porsche, as was the transmission and other powertrain components. Porsche also aided in designing some of the interior, such as the Alcantara seat inserts. Only two options were available, a trunk-mounted Alpine 6-CD changer and no-cost 16" wheels for a smoother, more comfortable ride and driveability in snow when using all-season tires.
    Also included in the 1995 T-5R package was a front bumper with a lip, rear spoiler, side skirts, polished aluminum door sills, special graphite leather and Alcantara seats, and a black interior with deep walnut wood grain accents. Both yellow and black versions came with the same black interior as the only choice. The T-5R has an additional badge to the left of the "850" on the trunk, referred to as "The Motorsport badge". The standard road wheel was the titanium-gray 5-spoke 17×7 "Titan". 1995 was the only year that the a model was badged as a "T-5R"; the following year, as Volvo recognized the vehicle's popularity, the model was renewed with the designation "850R".
    The Volvo 850 T-5R was also noted for its safety features. It was the first automobile to be fitted standard with four airbags.[citation needed] The side airbags were installed in the seat cushions. The side airbags were integrated into the rest of the Volvo model line the following year as an option, and became standard a year after that; other manufacturers soon followed suit. The car was also fitted with an early example of daytime running lamps. It was also the first sedan to have three-point seatbelts at all five seating positions (previously, cars had only a lap belt for the center rear seat). The T5-R also used the OBDII diagnostics system, a year before OBDII was made an automotive standard.
    5500 T-5Rs were produced worldwide, of which 185 went to the United States. The 1995 850 T-5R was limited in exterior paint color choices:

• cream yellow - 1975 worldwide including sedan and station wagon
    • black - 3025 worldwide including sedan and station wagon
    • olive green - 0500 worldwide including sedan and station wagon

Current Volvo's 1995 854 Gul T-5R 1996 855 Olive T-5R 1997 855 Olive AWD 1999 V70R AWD and 2005 XC90 D5 AWD
    Previous Volvo's 1987 745 gle 1989 745 GL 1995 855 Olive GLE 2001 V70 p2
    My Ebay Items http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/quik.connection

This user has no status
    Thanks
    what idiot would pay that much for a volvo....just cos its yellow......... jesus.........
    looks like this one was a real bargain.. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1709284729...84.m1423.l2649
    T5 STEALTH

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/album.php?albumid=21 AND A MERCURY CAPRI
    RIP alan (kyebosh)

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moleadrian View Post
    Found this at wiki....
    T-5R

In 1995, a high performance model, developed in part with Porsche, was released and designated the T-5R. The vehicle was based on the 850 Turbo, utilizing the B5234T3 engine with a special ECU (Bosch #628) that added an additional 2 psi (0.1 bar) of turbocharger boost pressure,[2] giving the engine an extra 18 hp (13 kW; 18 PS) for a total of 243 hp (181 kW) and 221 lb·ft (300 N·m) of torque. The engine was mated to a 4-speed automatic transmission. The T-5R was renowned as a sleeper car; despite its boxy, understated appearance, it boasted a drag coefficient of 0.29 and was capable of accelerating from 0 to 60 mph (97 km/h) in 5.8-6.5 seconds (depending on transmission and body type). The top speed was electronically limited to 155 mph (249 km/h). The vehicle came standard with Pirelli P-Zero tires, providing lateral grip of 0.88 g. The engine tuning was co-developed with Porsche, as was the transmission and other powertrain components. Porsche also aided in designing some of the interior, such as the Alcantara seat inserts. Only two options were available, a trunk-mounted Alpine 6-CD changer and no-cost 16" wheels for a smoother, more comfortable ride and driveability in snow when using all-season tires.
    Also included in the 1995 T-5R package was a front bumper with a lip, rear spoiler, side skirts, polished aluminum door sills, special graphite leather and Alcantara seats, and a black interior with deep walnut wood grain accents. Both yellow and black versions came with the same black interior as the only choice. The T-5R has an additional badge to the left of the "850" on the trunk, referred to as "The Motorsport badge". The standard road wheel was the titanium-gray 5-spoke 17×7 "Titan". 1995 was the only year that the a model was badged as a "T-5R"; the following year, as Volvo recognized the vehicle's popularity, the model was renewed with the designation "850R".
    The Volvo 850 T-5R was also noted for its safety features. It was the first automobile to be fitted standard with four airbags.[citation needed] The side airbags were installed in the seat cushions. The side airbags were integrated into the rest of the Volvo model line the following year as an option, and became standard a year after that; other manufacturers soon followed suit. The car was also fitted with an early example of daytime running lamps. It was also the first sedan to have three-point seatbelts at all five seating positions (previously, cars had only a lap belt for the center rear seat). The T5-R also used the OBDII diagnostics system, a year before OBDII was made an automotive standard.
    5500 T-5Rs were produced worldwide, of which 185 went to the United States. The 1995 850 T-5R was limited in exterior paint color choices:

& their is the perfect example of never believe everything on Wikipedia lol

Ghost Rider
    If I want your opinion, I'll
    ask you to fill out the
    necessary forms
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    & their is the perfect example of never believe everything on Wikipedia lol
    I will find out when I go to the volvo museum/factory on the 5th Nov

1996 850 T5 AWD - Self tuned M4.4 ECU with COP`s, B5254T ( S60R internals in a 850 block ) ostrich 2.0 , VXR injectors @ 3.8 bar, K24 turbo with a 6+6 compressor wheel, 3.25" MAF, top mounted Dump Valve, RN Exhaust manifold, 3" downpipe with 200 cell cat, 2.75" Stainless exhaust, Brembo calipers, S60R brake discs, stainless RIP kit, 3" Throttle body,

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oblark View Post
    wiki facts like "the model was renewed with the designation "850R"" shows just how accurate the info is. I believe Porsche did help with the head design, but thats all

Ghost Rider
    If I want your opinion, I'll
    ask you to fill out the
    necessary forms
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    wiki facts like "the model was renewed with the designation "850R"" shows just how accurate the info is. I believe Porsche did help with the head design, but thats all
    When it comes to volvo 850 knowledge you are the man

1996 850 T5 AWD - Self tuned M4.4 ECU with COP`s, B5254T ( S60R internals in a 850 block ) ostrich 2.0 , VXR injectors @ 3.8 bar, K24 turbo with a 6+6 compressor wheel, 3.25" MAF, top mounted Dump Valve, RN Exhaust manifold, 3" downpipe with 200 cell cat, 2.75" Stainless exhaust, Brembo calipers, S60R brake discs, stainless RIP kit, 3" Throttle body,

Gearbox Killer
    Proving the power of the
    15g....13.4@104.3mph
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oblark View Post
    It would be nice to now the true figures and if wiki had got any of them right, it might make a difference in how I treat the old girl...but then again, probably not, flatout that was it was designed to do!!...lol

Current Volvo's 1995 854 Gul T-5R 1996 855 Olive T-5R 1997 855 Olive AWD 1999 V70R AWD and 2005 XC90 D5 AWD

'Ow do
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 694 Posts
    Any bets on how long it will take before it reappears up for sale?

Gearbox Killer
    Proving the power of the
    15g....13.4@104.3mph
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Haizum74 View Post
    Any bets on how long it will take before it reappears up for sale?
    6 months ????

This user has no status

Thanks
    Some of you lot really do not know much at all !!

Who actually knows this T5R ??
    Who has seen it ??

Guessed so,, none of you

Where can you find a T5R with anywhere near the condition or miles of this one,, Fact is you won't

Olive Green was the most common colour, majority on "N" Plates

Crème Yellow manual estates were/are the rarest !

As for the comment "A fool and his money..." If the car is kept in the condition its in now,, will always be saleable for decent money, much more that the scrap that was linked to in a post above. and prodably rise in value

Also it was nearer £9k,, not 8k

PS, what odds are you giving for when it will re-advertised ??? Love to take some money off you

This user has no status
    Thanks
    there is such cars out there for les but im keeping quiet at the minute on that because im always watching ...........and to be honest im glad it sold for that means our cars our getting more valuable there is no real harshness here that it made that money...simply stating that one could be bought for less spend on a project/rebiuld to factory standard you would have as good as a new car. i know where there is a gul saloon with less than half the miles for the same money and some estates
    1995 854 t5r

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by martybelfastt5 View Post
    there is such cars out there for les but im keeping quiet at the minute on that because im always watching ...........and to be honest im glad it sold for that means our cars our getting more valuable there is no real harshness here that it made that money...simply stating that one could be bought for less spend on a project/rebiuld to factory standard you would have as good as a new car. i know where there is a gul saloon with less than half the miles for the same money and some estates
    Yes but they wouldn't be original!
    There are enough so called excellent motors advertised on forums etc that would be better used for baked bean tins.
    Good luck to the buyer and we shall see what its worth in 20 years time if kept as is.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    no the cars im talking about are mint original................i agree fully about the 20 years tho and best of luck to the buyer
    1995 854 t5r

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Back in a V70 and happy!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,449 Times in 1,272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ101 View Post
    Some of you lot really do not know much at all !!

Who actually knows this T5R ??
    Who has seen it ??

Guessed so,, none of you

Where can you find a T5R with anywhere near the condition or miles of this one,, Fact is you won't

Olive Green was the most common colour, majority on "N" Plates

Crème Yellow manual estates were/are the rarest !

As for the comment "A fool and his money..." If the car is kept in the condition its in now,, will always be saleable for decent money, much more that the scrap that was linked to in a post above. and prodably rise in value

Also it was nearer £9k,, not 8k

PS, what odds are you giving for when it will re-advertised ??? Love to take some money off you
    I drooled over this car for many hours, but did notice hat it was up for £7995 and then when it sold it went upto £8995. I wish that I'd made the trip up Scotland to see the gul 855 t5r which was up for £2995 with 184k on the clock, as I really want one of these cars.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    not replaced the lazer yet mark?
    1995 854 t5r

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Back in a V70 and happy!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,449 Times in 1,272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by martybelfastt5 View Post
    not replaced the lazer yet mark?
    If you look at the V70 R Nautic Blue thread, that is my new project. Manual and fwd, so I much prefer the drive over the auto.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to foammanmark For This Useful Post:

martybelfastt5 (Friday 9th November 2012)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moleadrian View Post
    Not me, ( unfortunately, I lack most of the asking price...lol ) would be nice if it was a forum member, then we'll all be able to have a good look around it and see if it really is worth the money and I was under the impression that Olive Green was the rare one. It would be interesting to know what deal was done and how much it is costing the new owner ?

Found this at wiki....

T-5R

Rarest is the black, mostly its yellow and black on M-reg and N-reg mostly green.

Saloons much are rarer, black saloons i think there is only 3 or 4 left!!

Thread Information