Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Lol, I think we all spend too much on these things, somebody said it's like a family pet - you just don't mind as you get so much from it.
    Apart from a remap, I have little else to spend on her... oh, she needs 2 new rear tyres lol.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to M-R-P For This Useful Post:

Fubar1977 (Sunday 28th October 2012)

This user has no status

Thanks
    av dont mods like k&n and uprated tcv + all vacume pipes replaced. made the respones better. your right i do spend lots on it because its my pride and joy. always wanted a t5 from the erly 850 glts. when i got this its just been abused buy the cops and it finaly let go. volvo didn't help the engine but the timing was well shot as some donut smashed the bottom sprocket onto the crank and didn't put the nut on. missed it on viewing the car but not someting your going to look for on a 150+ mph chase car are you lol.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to amd550 For This Useful Post:

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Yep, the ex plods get a cicking don't they lol. Just goesto show how tough these cars are, mine's on 194+k and after all the cash spent and the huge amount of blood, sweat and swearing, she's an amazing bit of kit.

Have a look at the sticker on the top of your gearbox... Look for M56LK. then look for one of 2 numbers - either 4.00 or 3.75. If you have the 3.75, you have a car that is potentially capable of 192 mph @ 6100 rpm!
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to M-R-P For This Useful Post:

All work and no play makes
    Jack a dull boy

Thanks
    Wow!

Thanks for the replies guys, I don`t feel like quite such a looney now.

Well, I do but I know I`m in the company of similar minded loonies lol.

I know I`m not there yet as I`ve spent the money bringing the car back up to scratch so
    now, hopefully, I can start spending it on the stuff I actually WANT to do to it.

I`m planning on keeping this one till it dies so I`d like to uprate and improve things as I go as well
    as adding things the original owner didn`t bother speccing.

Wife thinks I`m a bit mad but she`s just bought a brand new car and so will be spending her money on
    depreciation, whereas mines fallen about as low as it`ll ever get.
    As I keep telling her, your`s may be newer but mines faster, paid for and in front of you!

Volvo for Life!

Thread Information