Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

V40 Passenger Driveshaft

Upon removing the passenger driveshaft from my Y reg 2.0 V40 i managed to end up pulling it apart which left grease and ball bearings everywhere lol are they relatively easy to put back together as i dont have a manual for this model and cant find much info on driveshaft removal and replacing.

Many Thanks

Banned
    Power of a Sports Car, Turning
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by White_Heat View Post
    Upon removing the passenger driveshaft from my Y reg 2.0 V40 i managed to end up pulling it apart which left grease and ball bearings everywhere lol are they relatively easy to put back together as i dont have a manual for this model and cant find much info on driveshaft removal and replacing.

Many Thanks
    I bust the driveshaft on my V70 by accident and the answer is no, they are not easy to fix. A garage couldn't even fix mine even with all their special tools. Your best and safest option is to buy is new one - even if you got the old one back together it would be weakened and likely to fail.

A new one is about £150 or more unless you know someone in the trade who can get it at cost.

Regards

James

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Balls, i didnt think it would go back together, never mind il obtain another shaft then

4. The Following User Says Thank You to White_Heat For This Useful Post:

JamesT5 (Monday 8th October 2012)

Banned
    Power of a Sports Car, Turning
    Circle of a Bus.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by White_Heat View Post
    Balls, i didnt think it would go back together, never mind il obtain another shaft then
    Yeah, I wouldn't trust it even if it did go back together, nothing is ever the same once it breaks and gets rebuilt. These things are made in a specific way at a factory for a reason and once they break, they're never the same again.

At least with a new one you'll know you've got a lot of life out of it.

Regards

James

Thread Information