I've been considering an alternative to reviving my wheels on my car that won't cost the earth. As all 4 of my Amalthea wheels have nearly been to the moon, they are not only slightly buckled but also the surface is badly flaking and in need of a respray. What I don't want to do is spend £60 per wheel refurbing alloys that are out of round and in need of replacement, but I am prepared to spend a fraction of that patching them up as a stop gap measure to make them look better than they are now.

So, it got me thinking of MRP's self refurb and I thought, you know what, I'll have a look at Alloy Wheel paints on the internet. So I came across this kit (see the link), it seems to be a complete kit for refurbing your own wheels which although will never be as good as a proper bodyshop job, should be miles better than leaving the wheels in the state that they're in until I can get some new ones. And for less than £30 it seems to be a good deal, even if I have to buy 2 kits (these kits rarely come with enough paint to do the whole job as you know).

http://www.motorspeed.com/New-Specia...0/product/3396

Anyway, I welcome feedback and if anyone has used these kits before, whether they are any good.

Regards

James