Join Today

Thread: V40 diesel

This user has no status
    Thanks

V40 diesel

OK, after joining the Volvo tribe with a V70 awd, I moved onto an 850 T5.Got rid awhile back as I have a Lancia Delta project (still) on the go.Had a Golf diesel as a run around then part ex'd with a mate for a Renualt Kangoo van which I am currently using, been a god send at times with collecting bits for the Lancia.
    Anyway, t'other week said mate ends up off loading a V40 DIESEL on me !!
    Body work is very tidy as is interior.
    Problems............................ well the bit on top of the radiator that goes back to the expansion bottle had snapped off and pipe wouldnt stay attached once started to heat up rad. So replaced it on Saturday and it now drives fine...engine wise.
    However, it hops and skips all over the place at the §§§§ end when going over all the pot holes around here. One of the tyres is almost bald (rear nearside), so I'm presuming it is all rear suspension related.If I am thinking of keeping it (still got T+T), what bits would I need ??
    Also it aint got an intercooler, would fitting one in the airflow line work without any other mods, or would the fuel rate etc need messing with.
    It's on an 'R' plate if it makes any difference.
    Cheers Steve.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    The old V40's/s40's suffered from wear in the link arms on the rear suspension, this would account for the twitchy rear end and most likely the excessive tyre wear as they affect the camber and rear tracking. Not a difficult job to change but you would likely need a 4 wheel alignment afterwards.
    Old Car: 855 T5 in Grey and rust (dead and gone, well, most of it !
    Missus' ride: Citroen C4 coupe 1.6 HDi,
    Modifications: Nowt.....yet !
    Daily driver: 855 R in Black,
    Currently nursing a blown head gasket, new engine on its way !
    Recent addition: Freshly imported Honda Stepwagon,
    Slowly turning into a camper van !

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Should have intercooler i have td v40 an there not the easyest to see they look just like a normal radiator at the front lol an there also quite big for standered also they came with 2 difrent diesel engines one of which was a renult engine an have a tendency of turbos going an thanks nobananas will av look into my rear bushs as cars seems to be getting fair bit of camber at the back prob doest help that im running 18 inch dare alloys lol an zoidberg if you know hasnt had service lately give it one they respond well from service done mine otherday an i can feel a definet power increase an smoother engine

Lawnmower Boy
    Now known as WAPAHO!!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,733 Times in 1,162 Posts
    Nice thing to know if that the underside has a lot in common with a Mistubushi Lancer/FTO so if you are looking at upgrades there is quite a bit out there.

Current Garage:
    1997 960 3.0L 24v - Polestar...(Honest guv..!!)
    1997 855 T5 S - stripped to 1300kgs gross weight - 14.2sec qtr(rank 17*)
    2001 V40 T4 SE - 14.199@100.15MPH - Hybrid Turbo/VXR injectors and DeCat(Rank 15*)
    *Data Sept 2013
    Any Stuff For Sale - check out my Ebay link

Singing in the rain!
    Thanks
    Rear bushes as already stated check shocks at the same time. but probs just the bushes given the tyre wear.
    "I am never wrong! Just in a position to learn something new!"
    Mods so far, HLM ReMap, Goodridge brake lines, Eibach springs lowering 35mm, K&N57i filter with cold air, Strut brace, Shark fin aerial, Boost guage
    YES IT'S A DIESEL
    Wish list, BOV, 18" rims, Struts, Stainless exhaust, Injector Upgrade, MORE POWER!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    step dads just bought a v40 td renualt engine model an has difrent intercooler to mine hidden right down the front right hand side of engine bay an its also on a R reg

Thread Information